Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

The world's most admired people.

We've got a woman here who creates wealth for the country and is the 4th most admired in the world and some people want rid of her.

Incredible when you actually think about it.

Obama at number 2 is beyond belief.

Jason statham is the 8th most admired man in russia? :blink:

Most%20Admired%202015-07-2.png

I love the thinking that must go into some voting.

"You know I really admire how Stephen Hawking has lived with his disability whist producing some of the most groundbreaking research over the past few decades, but that nothing compared to the way Jason Statham played the crazy goalkeeper in Mean Machine."

We've got a woman here who creates wealth for the country and is the 4th most admired in the world and some people want rid of her.

Incredible when you actually think about it.

Obama at number 2 is beyond belief.

I don't suppose you really mean that. The republican position is one of the easiest to understand in politics: that is that no-one has the right to be head of state or to power and privilege because of the family they're born in to. In fact we're all familiar with a very similar principle - the idea that every citizen should be equal before the law. It's just that some people throw it out when it pleases them.

In answer to the Queen's popularity, I'd say what really matters is the resolute 'no' you'd get in response if you suggested to the Americans that they adopt the same system. They might like reading the fairytale from afar but they'd recoil at the idea of having it brought to them.

You can't really democratically implement a monarchy though can you? It has to come from a consequence of history from times long before these.

Proof, if proof were needed, that democracy is wasted on an awful lot of people (or a lot of awful people, if you like). Unfortunately, as Churchill said, it's the worst form of government apart from all the others that have been triec.

You can't really democratically implement a monarchy though can you? It has to come from a consequence of history from times long before these.

Haha I suppose that's correct!

Says it all really, antithetical to best system of government we have and backwards. Very, very backwards.

Oh and side note, why does it have to come from history? Because back then you get away with claiming your family had the divine right to rule. In the present day we're far too upright and civilised to even consider such a claim, if it were made now, as being legitimate.

Archived