Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

A boxed version of red is worth £70+ quid on ebay so im not sure somebody is going to give you it for free just because you can't be bothered to go in the garage and find yours lol

Didn't say free I would offer money but thanks for your input.

If you are still looking for an emulator, i'd suggest using this one

http://coolrom.co.uk/dlpop.php?id=12&emu=nm

And you can get a copy of the rom from here (Scroll down to the direct downloads part)

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Game_Boy_ROMs/Pokemon_-_Red_Version_(USA,_Europe)/69468-download

It's not illegal to download if you already own the game ;)

Edited by MrSpaM

If you are still looking for an emulator, i'd suggest using this one

http://coolrom.co.uk/dlpop.php?id=12&emu=nm

And you can get a copy of the rom from here (Scroll down to the direct downloads part)

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Game_Boy_ROMs/Pokemon_-_Red_Version_(USA,_Europe)/69468-download

It's not illegal to download if you already own the game ;)

Cheers would prefer the original game on the actual gameboy my little sister was hooked on Pokemon gold only for the saved data to go because of this battery thing. May have to give a emulator a go until I get a working game.

Cheers would prefer the original game on the actual gameboy my little sister was hooked on Pokemon gold only for the saved data to go because of this battery thing. May have to give a emulator a go until I get a working game.

I tried my gold cartridge just out of interest the other day too, and the battery had ran out and i've lost all my saves. My red cartridge seems to have still kept it's saves though which i'm surprised about considering the cartridge is 16 years old now. Replacing the battery in the cartridge is a pretty simple job though, only need to removed one screw from what I remember.

You've just got to be a bit careful if you are planning on keeping it as a collector, because replacing the battery has the potential to seriously lower the price of the game if you do a bad job of it, and somebody buying it would notice if the case had been opened already.

A good alternative, is to buy a multi cart, where you can upload games to it via a USB on your PC and just plug it in your gameboy and go. They are pretty cheap, and save you the hassle of having to take games out of storage contantly if you want to play them, because if you've bought the game, you are technically allowed to download the rom of it and play it on one of these 'smart carts'. They come with built in memory too so you don't have to worry about batteries running out any more.

http://www.retrotowers.co.uk/gb-gameboy-usb-smart-card-64m

Edited by MrSpaM

6IV Jolly Garchomp? What on earth have they done to the game? I know how good Garchomp is but what's all the crap before it about?

IVs are individual values, 6 means that it's got maxed out IVs and has the best stats possible. Jolly is nature, basically nature gives it a boost to one stat and a hit to another - good natures depend on whether you want to use them as sweepers, tanks etc. It's all become very spreadsheet-y.

I tried my gold cartridge just out of interest the other day too, and the battery had ran out and i've lost all my saves. My red cartridge seems to have still kept it's saves though which i'm surprised about considering the cartridge is 16 years old now. Replacing the battery in the cartridge is a pretty simple job though, only need to removed one screw from what I remember.

You've just got to be a bit careful if you are planning on keeping it as a collector, because replacing the battery has the potential to seriously lower the price of the game if you do a bad job of it, and somebody buying it would notice if the case had been opened already.

A good alternative, is to buy a multi cart, where you can upload games to it via a USB on your PC and just plug it in your gameboy and go. They are pretty cheap, and save you the hassle of having to take games out of storage contantly if you want to play them, because if you've bought the game, you are technically allowed to download the rom of it and play it on one of these 'smart carts'. They come with built in memory too so you don't have to worry about batteries running out any more.

http://www.retrotowers.co.uk/gb-gameboy-usb-smart-card-64m

Cheers mate any idea what the batteries are for the games should I change them?

Best bet would be to take it out, go down leicester market to one of the stalls that sells watch batteries, and get them to match it up for you

I've found the battery I need. I'm ordering the part to take out the screw later too.

Anyone fancy selling me Pokemon blue or red pleaaasseeeeeee

• 1 year later...

What's the highest play time any of you managed on one game? I think on Ruby I was into 700 hours it was absolutely ridiculous.

I remember I saw stuck at the elite four on Pokémon Silver.

beat them eventually and then imagine my delight when I found out you basically got two games rolled into one.

Get in. Must have played that game for days on end.

I remember I saw stuck at the elite four on Pokémon Silver.

beat them eventually and then imagine my delight when I found out you basically got two games rolled into one.

Get in. Must have played that game for days on end.

I still to these days have nightmares of "Dragonite used Thunder". Used to absolutely finish me every time. It took me so long to discover they were awful against ice types and you could buy Ice Punch for £3k lol