Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea!.. 3 on the bounce!

We have to be careful, Swansea have a very dangerous midfield regardless of not having Gomis.

Very tough choice for the starting 11. Do you play Richie to defend or Albrighton to attack ? Do you play Kram or Ulloa? 3 centre backs or a back 4? Keep Wes in the team if we do play 2 centre backs or being in Was?

Do we push high up the pitch and leave our LB/RB areas completely exposed in the hope we can out score them?

It's a hard choice and I really don't know how to approach this game!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, last week we knew the starting 11 because of a similar photo to this one posted prior to the match, so looks as though Was'll be starting and Ulloa will still be playing over Kramaric, though last week's photos were much better

lc7360-028280-2405136_478x359.jpg

11096433_10153209434087769_2319832834871

Well, last week we knew the starting 11 because of a similar photo to this one posted prior to the match, so looks as though Was'll be starting and Ulloa will still be playing over Kramaric, though last week's photos were much better

lc7360-028280-2405136_478x359.jpg

11096433_10153209434087769_2319832834871

That would be Was in and no Kasper!

You seem to be placing a few minutes in a couple of cameos over a much deeper and broader workload.

A Fresh King coming on for 20 mins at the end of the match where teams have been slogging it out is far different than Kingy starting against fresh players.

I'm not sure why you can't have your opinion and I can't have mine.

Well of course you can. I understand both opinions. I just think yours is wrong. That's debate. Otherwise, why are we here?

Well of course you can. I understand both opinions. I just think yours is wrong. That's debate. Otherwise, why are we here?

We agree then.  ;)

I think that's a bit harsh, we'd already taken control of the game without King on the pitch. James wasn't playing particularly well, but I really don't think he can be blamed for anything not working.

True, I wasn't intentionally being harsh on James and it may well have been shape rather than personnel which changed the course of the game. James and Cambiasso have definitely been our best pair this season but think King has looked bang up for it, is a goal threat, and keeps possession well. All things I think we'll need at the weekend.

We agree then. ;)

Haha I think so.

I'd go 4-5-1 for this one, at least to start with, they'll pack the midfield and have wingers, think we'll be exposed with 3 at the back or 4 across the middle.

Same here.

The best part of their team is their attacking midfield.

Biggest game for ages this, I'm excited already!

Why do you struggle to get a decent amount of support?  If you bring less than 2000 to Leicester, that would be the smallest away following we've seen at our place all season.  I thought Swansea would have a big catchment area given you are the nearest club for most of the population in Mid, South West and West Wales.  I appreciate its a long way to travel from Swansea and there's a strong rugby following, but with you having such success and generally playing some very attractive, attacking football, I'm surprised you don't have a bigger fanbase.

Leicester only brought 1456 to Swansea this season. There are around 9000 on the season ticket waiting list and Swansea population is 250 000, but with the catchment area well over 500 000. The only teams to fill the Away end at the liberty this season is man utd, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea,Liverpool, west ham. Teams such as WBA, Villa, Newcastle,Everton, Sunderland couldn't. Southampton for example only brought 1026.

Leicester only brought 1456 to Swansea this season. There are around 9000 on the season ticket waiting list and Swansea population is 250 000, but with the catchment area well over 500 000. The only teams to fill the Away end at the liberty this season is man utd, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea,Liverpool, west ham. Teams such as WBA, Villa, Newcastle,Everton, Sunderland couldn't. Southampton for example only brought 1026.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that match a late TV game with next to no trains running?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that match a late TV game with next to no trains running?

. Yes it was a 5.30 pm kick off on a Saturday. You'd still be able to get trains after that match. Don't forget every Swansea match is shown live on TV in a lot of Swansea pubs. We played played Liverpool this season on a Monday with a 8 pm kick off (also on sky) and there definitely were no trains back to Swansea after that match and we still took more up there, than what you did to Swansea.

Absolutely. Reckon Swansea would have brought about 500 to a Saturday night game at Leicester that was on TV.

Well we have played man city on a Monday night and on sky and took 3000 and there are few more examples. Don't forget this is your first season back in the PL for a while and if this was our first season in the PL we'd have filled the away end at the KP stadium no problem. Like we did in the championship not long ago with 3000 fans.

Well we have played man city on a Monday night and on sky and took 3000 and there are few more examples. Don't forget this is your first season back in the PL for a while and if this was our first season in the PL we'd have filled the away end at the KP stadium no problem. Like we did in the championship not long ago with 3000 fans.

But my dad is harder than your dad.

Looks like Swansea will line up with Amat & Rangel as full backs. We could seriously exploit that with Jeff , Albrighton / Mahrez running at them. That could be our one area of superiority.

Assuming their midfield is Cork, Ki, Shelvey , Sigurdsson (diamond) we're going to have far less possession than last week so will be interesting to see how we go.

Also expect Routledge & Dyer to play as forwards. So again will be a very different test for our centre backs tomorrow ..

Fingers crossed we can go three on the bounce.

Well we have played man city on a Monday night and on sky and took 3000 and there are few more examples. Don't forget this is your first season back in the PL for a while and if this was our first season in the PL we'd have filled the away end at the KP stadium no problem. Like we did in the championship not long ago with 3000 fans.[/quote

It's not a pissing contest mate, the original question was genuine.

I think we are all thinking it's a lot easier than it actually will be.

If their midfielders turn up, we could be in for a long afternoon......striker or no striker...they have a solid defence (GK included) with a very creative midfield. 

We need to bring our A+++ game.

Christ people are acting like were going up against Barcelona. We play to our strengths theres no reason why we cant smash these all over.

Swansea are a decent team but weve put in good performances against the 'better' sides and no reason why we cant beat these especially at home.

. Yes it was a 5.30 pm kick off on a Saturday. You'd still be able to get trains after that match. Don't forget every Swansea match is shown live on TV in a lot of Swansea pubs. We played played Liverpool this season on a Monday with a 8 pm kick off (also on sky) and there definitely were no trains back to Swansea after that match and we still took more up there, than what you did to Swansea.

You could not get back on the trains as I looked at it. All Leicester matches are on TV too in pubs across the county. Anyway hey ho, we didn't take many - didn't we put on free coaches or am i imaging it? it was certainly a subsidised fixture with £10.00 coming off the usual ticket price. 

You could not get back on the trains as I looked at it. All Leicester matches are on TV too in pubs across the county. Anyway hey ho, we didn't take many - didn't we put on free coaches or am i imaging it? it was certainly a subsidised fixture with £10.00 coming off the usual ticket price.

One of the only games I've missed this season for that exact reason. Couldn't get a train back (was there some work on one of the lines or something?), and with it being on sky I turned into an armchair supporter for the day. Although there wasn't much to shout about that's for sure.

Swansea are a great example for all newly promoted teams. Play to your strengths and you succeed. Stoke did it too in a slightly less glamorous fashion. Hopefully we continue to play to our strengths and utilise our pace from here on in.

Would love 3 points, wouldn't be unhappy with a draw. We just need to keep the positivity going around the place and continue the momentum we gained over the past two weeks.

Shame he's preferring Ulloa over Kramaric - though glad to see Was back in the team.

Was - Huth - Morgan

Albrighton - James - Cambiasso - Schlupp

Nugent - Ulloa - Vardy

Hope Schlupp and Albrighton are up for it!

Archived