Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea!.. 3 on the bounce!

That's all very well, but take a quick glance at their forum. They're not exactly showering us in glory...

They are Welsh, they have a special excuse..

I was speaking about the club, more than some moranic fans, plus why return borish infantile remarks.FFS for Wales they even havent got a decent Rugby team...

Three centre backs would be a huge mistake against Swansea. With Bony sold and Gomis out injured then they lack a proper centre forward. They'll probably play Oliveira up front on his own and there goal threats will come from midfield.

Four at the back and please play three central midfielders to match them Nigel. It would be great to see Hammond back to sit in front of the back four and monitoring their attacking breaks from midfield.

. Olivera is injured so won't play. We'll probably play Shelvey or Routledge up front and fit again Montero will come back into the side. This is a big game for Swansea too, as this is the game that we can break our premier points record (47) so I can guarantee Swansea won't be coming to the KP stadium to roll over.

Only £25 a ticket for them and they still can't sell out on a Saturday afternoon. Top 8 club my arse. Means we have no excuse not to create a brilliant atmosphere.

As of yesterday Swansea had sold just over 1500 tickets, which is slightly more than the 1456 Leicester fans at the liberty.

The Swansea team look a lot less threatening than last time we played them.. No Bony, Gomis injured, Montero probably out.. Sig and Shel are quality in midfield, so we need to stop them playing.. I'd like to see a 3 man midfield, Cambiasso, King and Hammond... Thoughts ?

. I disagree. We now have Jack Cork who has been magnificent since he came to Swansea in January. Montero is now 100% fit and will no doubt play on Saturday.

This one is Saturday 3pm and not televised though to be fair.

the game at the liberty was on a Saturday too, but yes was on sky. Swansea isn't a big club so 1500 isn't to bad for us. I remember not long ago when Sousa was our manager we took 3000 to the KP stadium.

. Olivera is injured so won't play. We'll probably play Shelvey or Routledge up front and fit again Montero will come back into the side. This is a big game for Swansea too, as this is the game that we can break our premier points record (47) so I can guarantee Swansea won't be coming to the KP stadium to roll over.

Perhaps!.. But think you will be rolled over!

Perhaps!.. But think you will be rolled over!

We shall see lol. The build up to this game in the media is that Swansea have little chance of getting anything at the KP stadium. It was the same before we won at Chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool, Man utd (twice) also i read that Swansea have nothing to play for....lol

We shall see lol. The build up to this game in the media is that Swansea have little chance of getting anything at the KP stadium. It was the same before we won at Chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool, Man utd (twice) also i read that Swansea have nothing to play for....lol

Yep.. We'll see!!

Must admit, I really rate Swansea and I don't think Garry Monk gets the credit he deserves. Having said that, if we are going to do this then we have to win it or at least not lose.

Montero caused us a few problems at their place so hopefully he's not fit. That said, there's no way we can play as badly as we did at the Liberty - we were pathetic in that game.

Must admit, I really rate Swansea and I don't think Garry Monk gets the credit he deserves. Having said that, if we are going to do this then we have to win it or at least not lose.

Montero caused us a few problems at their place so hopefully he's not fit. That said, there's no way we can play as badly as we did at the Liberty - we were pathetic in that game.

Montero is now fit.

Playing a back 3 isn't more defensive, as long as you have attacking full backs.

Albrighton and Schlupp showed us that at West Brom, 2 genuine wingers. Whereas when we had Konch and Simpson, they didn't dare cross the half-way line.

The way to get at this Swansea side is pace. Apart from their wide men they lack it. Taylor isn't that quick for a full-back and rangel is extremely slow. Shelvey and Gylfi are good passers of the ball, but can't really travel with it.

If pearson wants to attack from the off...

...........................Kasper

.........Was.............Huth.........Morgan

.Marc.......Esteban............King.............Schlupp

.............................Nuge

....................Vardy..............Ulloa

So much flexibility in that side. Ulloa has to play for his physicality up front. Kram and Riyad are great attacking subs.

Playing a back 3 isn't more defensive, as long as you have attacking full backs.

Albrighton and Schlupp showed us that at West Brom, 2 genuine wingers. Whereas when we had Konch and Simpson, they didn't dare cross the half-way line.

You seem to be conflating players duties here. You can't compare Albrighton with Simpson...RDL has come back in at RB and for me has always demonstrated an attacking flair.

I have maintained for a while that Schlupp should revert to L/B given Konch's lack of pace. He spent much of last season in the role, but against Spurs, West Ham and West Brom looked worryingly vulnerable. Wayne Rooney commented that one of the main reasons that they beat Man City at the weekend is because they knew that there are players in the squad that are reluctant to track back. Seldom have I faulted Jeff's commitment, but if we want him to come forward then we also need him to get back...watch again the space afforded to Gardner on Saturday. I completely agree with Col, had Berahino not been so selfish, that would have likely killed the game. Jeff was jogging back  - 20 yards behind Gardner.

If we are to survive...and now that NP is at last recognising and playing to the strengths of this squad - we need to shore up the yawning chasm that keeps opening up at the rear of MF. You don't need to spend 35 hours poring over prozone to work out how to score against City - particularly with the season long commitment to zonal defence. I expect teams to come at us. This all out attack is a great spectacle, but we've been damn lucky not to be buried on the break.

Taylor isn't slow in fact he very fast, but he suspended for Saturday.

The way to get at this Swansea side is pace. Apart from their wide men they lack it. Taylor isn't that quick for a full-back and rangel is extremely slow. Shelvey and Gylfi are good passers of the ball, but can't really travel with it.

So much flexibility in that side. Ulloa has to play for his physicality up front. Kram and Riyad are great attacking subs.

So much flexibility in that side. Ulloa has to play for his physicality up front. Kram and Riyad are great attacking subs.

I'd play that, or this;

...............Kasper

.........Was.............Huth.........Morgan.....Konch/De Laet

..............Esteban............King.............

.....Marc/Vardy...............Nuge..........Schlupp

....................Vardy/Ulloa..............

Really impressed with how Swansea have become a PL side. They play good football, and especially the pace they have in their team is frightening. We need to be wary because if we go full throttle, the likes of Montero and Routledge will counter on us with pace when we lose possession. Having said we ourselves are quite frightening in terms of pace, so gear up for a high tempo, end to end game. Pretty much like the last 3 games anyway

Really impressed with how Swansea have become a PL side. They play good football, and especially the pace they have in their team is frightening. We need to be wary because if we go full throttle, the likes of Montero and Routledge will counter on us with pace when we lose possession. Having said we ourselves are quite frightening in terms of pace, so gear up for a high tempo, end to end game. Pretty much like the last 3 games anyway

I believe Montero is injured

I believe Montero is injured

Gomis, Carroll and Naughton are ruled out due to injury, left-back Taylor is banned and Montero might make it to the bench this time (he was rumoured to be part of the matchday squad against Everton, too).

Archived