Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea!.. 3 on the bounce!

I genuinely think we can do this. That said they will be tough to beat as they have real quality in most positions. But - they will not be looking at this fixture without fear. Monk will be drilling into them that will be desperate and combine that with the fact we have had 2 excellent results we have, for the first time this season, momentum!

I have enormous respect for Swansea - we could do a lot worse than their model for success - sensible club, well managed.

Think unlike other teams with 'nothing to play for' Swansea enjoy their football, will be a tough game, we need to be patient if they have a lot of possession.

We have a bit of momentum though so I'd say pretty even stevens, hard to predict, but for us what an opportunity with most of the others not playing.

I genuinely think we can do this. That said they will be tough to beat as they have real quality in most positions. But - they will not be looking at this fixture without fear. Monk will be drilling into them that will be desperate and combine that with the fact we have had 2 excellent results we have, for the first time this season, momentum!

I have enormous respect for Swansea - we could do a lot worse than their model for success - sensible club, well managed.

Agree with this. At the time I thought Monk was a risky appointment and nothing like his predecessors but he's been fantastic

I'd rather win against the teams that are not around us so that the games against Burnley, Sunderland and QPR become must not lose as opposed to must win

Given our performances when we've tried to not lose against our ones where we've tried to win I'm going to have to disagree with that. Can see what you're saying but our attempts to 'pinch' a result have been nothing short of lamentable.

half decent wide man vs jeff schlupp oh god i might see if i can refund my train tickets 

don't worry Cambi will cover his ass!

Some people suggesting we line up to combat their wingers... We don't have the players for it.

We are at home, let them do the homework... We should play to our strengths, get the wing backs into play and pretty much throw the kitchen sink at it.

We will have more chance winning this way than reverting back to what we have seen in previous games.

Vardy & Nugent are a must up top, Kramaric in for Ulloa is a change I wouldn't disagree with but I understand what Ulloa brings in regards to Ariel threat (nugents goal) he's had a bad run of goal scoring form but he still is a great finisher.

I would do pretty much anything for 3 points against Swansea and if we do secure all 3... I think it's safe to say 'WE ARE STAYING UP SAY..'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we may play without a centre forward and go with 4-6-0 just as Spain have done before and if so the Swansea team may look like this :- Fabianski, Amat, Williams, Fernandez, Rangel, Cork, Shelvey, Ki, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Montero. That on paper would probably be Swansea's strongest team we could put out this weekend, due to injuries & suspensions.

3-4-3 is vital for this match.

Id put Kram back in too, just in front of Vards and Nugent.

Albrighton and Schlupp on the wings.

King and Cambiasso in the middle.

Huth Wasyl and Morgan at the back.

Sub a striker for James if it's not going so well.

Kasper

Wasilewski

Morgan

Huth

Schluup (wingback

King

Cambiasso

Albrighton (wingback

Nugent

Kramaric

Vardy

Subs.

Schwarzer

De Laet

Mahrez

James

Drinkwater

Ulloa

Knockaert

This for me

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we may play without a centre forward and go with 4-6-0 just as Spain have done before and if so the Swansea team may look like this :- Fabianski, Amat, Williams, Fernandez, Rangel, Cork, Shelvey, Ki, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Montero. That on paper would probably be Swansea's strongest team we could put out this weekend, due to injuries & suspensions.

That back four has physical strength but not blessed with pace. Am I right?

We usually lose the midfield battle so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to a 4-6-0

I genuinely think we can do this. That said they will be tough to beat as they have real quality in most positions. But - they will not be looking at this fixture without fear. Monk will be drilling into them that will be desperate and combine that with the fact we have had 2 excellent results we have, for the first time this season, momentum!

Never want to be a 'sensible' club.

They'll be playing one up top and even he won't be a recognised forward.

Why do people want to play three centre backs?

Our wing backs will end up spending more time defending against their wide players and we'll surrender central midfield again. 

Three marking one who drifts deep is a recipe for disaster.

They'll be playing one up top and even he won't be a recognised forward.

Why do people want to play three centre backs?

Our wing backs will end up spending more time defending against their wide players and we'll surrender central midfield again. 

Three marking one who drifts deep is a recipe for disaster.

3-5-2 means we have three in midfield?

Flat back four means we have four defending against one up front?

It's a tricky decision all round. Anyone expect a different starting 11 to the last game? would be normal Nige to start same 11 as at WBA and see how it goes.

That back four has physical strength but not blessed with pace. Am I right?

We usually lose the midfield battle so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to a 4-6-0

Rangel isn't the fastest, but does read the game well ( made well over 300 appearances for us) as for Williams, Fernandez and Amat i wouldn't say they were slow. We have been getting some decent results recently, but we can self-explode at times. Last few seasons when we were safe from going down the players switched off and results & performances were not to good. It's different this season under monk, in terms of not being so attractive, but we seem now to be able to dig in and are much more dogged in the way we play.

We should forget the high ball, play a ground passing game and applay pressure.

I'd swap in Kram for Ulloa and attack.

and I'd bring in Wasyl.

The home side has won the last seven competitive meetings between Leicester City and Swansea City.

Swansea are unbeaten in their last three PL games (W2 D1)- They haven't gone four PL games without a defeat in a single season since January 2013.

Leicester have scored 2+ goals in three successive Premier League games for the first time since November 2003. They have not done it in four consecutive PL games since May 2000.

Esteban Cambiasso has scored four goals from five shots on target in the Premier League.

Leicester have won both of their games so far in April this season, after a run of 17 Premier League games in April without a win before that.

Swansea have taken 10 points from their last four Premier League games in April (W3 D1).

Swansea have conceded exactly one goal in their last six Premier League games in April.

David Nugent needs one more goal to match his best total of six goals in a Premier League campaign. Four of his five PL goals this season have come away from home, though.

Bafetimbi Gomis has three goals in his last three Premier League appearances.

Last season the team who were bottom after 31 games avoided the drop (Sunderland).

Kasper

Wasilewski

Morgan

Huth

Schluup (wingback

King

Cambiasso

Albrighton (wingback

Nugent

Kramaric

Vardy

Subs.

Schwarzer

De Laet

Mahrez

James

Drinkwater

Ulloa

Knockaert

This, but I suspect Ulloa will keep his place. Not a bad thing as such but I would like to see a front 3 including Kramaric, Vards and Nuge. Ulloa seems to have lost his goal getting knack, and his miss against WBA is the only real chance I can remember him having in recent months.

Swansea are a great team, exactly what we should try to replicate here, but there really isn't a better time to be playing them.

They are on a reasonable run recently, last result was a 1-1 with Everton so they're not out to make amends for an awful result, or flying high on confidence from a great performance and are a bit hit and miss away from home (the worry being that they've also had a few 1-0 away wins, especially at the likes of Hull, Villa and Burnley so are very capable of doing a job).

They also have been hit with injuries and suspensions. Gomis looks to be out, Naughton is out for the season, they will potentially have Montero back but Taylor is now suspended (actually thought De Laet did ok against Montero at the Liberty). We could certainly do with our wide players having decent games.

They may well be going for a record points haul but no-one seriously thinks they'll lose the rest of their games - the record will be set. They are 4 points clear of an out of form West Ham and 7 behind Spurs. 8th is looking like where they'll end up. You can't convince me that 3 points means as much to their players as it does to ours in the current situation, however professional they are.

We're also coming off the back of 2 wins so confidence is fairly high. The atmosphere was great for West Ham and if we can replicate that for other visitors then it'll be a difficult place to visit. 

Having said all of that they still have the likes of Shelvey & Sugurdsson in their side (seem to remember a little chipped goal from Sigurdsson against us in the Championship for Reading just before his move to Germany). We've been good in the last 2 games but have still required late winners, we'll have to be at the top of our game to beat Swansea.

Prediction, 1-1.

My line up:

Kasper

Was Wes Huth

Albrighton King Cambiasso Schlupp

Kramaric

Vardy Nugent

Bit of a 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2 hybrid. Think King is better at retaining possession so would start him. I think the game could suit Kram too - likes to come deep to get the ball so can act as an extra body to ensure we don't lose the midfield battle, whilst also having two pacy strikers ahead of him to push the defence back. 

Archived