Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Bournemouth Promoted To Premier League

I think the contention is that it is viewed as a fairytale. It's a fantastic achievement that has happened due to favourable income streams compared to similar sized clubs, I don't think the little Bournemouth tags really applies.

Having money is one thing though, spending it wisely, putting a squad together and playing excellent football, holding a nerve in a very tight promotion race is to be admired.

You summed it up perfectly at the end, we have all seen the crassness of forest and QPR's spending sprees, to know that money, is only good in the right hands. Well done to Eddie Howe, a fantastic achievement.

I believe Boundary Park only holds about 10,000.

People are saying about smallest club etc but don't forget the likes of Barnsley and Oldham have played in the Premier League.

Not that it matters but both are bigger names than Bournemouth for me.

Superb achievement.

Don't be fooled by the 'lovely little club' thing though. They've had money to spend (eg. Kenwyne Jones on loan) and have more to spend.

Still, amazing feat and Eddie Howe (as I said months ago) makes an awful lot of sense when I hear him speak.

I bet everyone thinks they're owned by a bloke called Derek who cleans windows to keep the cash up.

In reality they're owned by a Russian billionaire named Maxim Denim.

They're paying 39k a week for Kenwyne Jones ffs.

Are people seriously belittling Bournemouths achievements because they have a spent a few bob, so far in line with FFP I might add?

Do we have memories at all of our own rise out of the championship?

No one is belittling them, but at the same time it isn't like they haven't had the finance to bring in quality... well done to them no doubt, they have been brilliant, but it isn't really the fairy tale story people are making it out to be...

No one is belittling them, but at the same time it isn't like they haven't had the finance to bring in quality... well done to them no doubt, they have been brilliant, but it isn't really the fairy tale story people are making it out to be...

It is still a fairytale, in terms of football success. It's not like they've even come close to the leagues biggest spenders. They are not paupers, I get it but that's not the fairytale imo.

Why are they automatically going to down? The league is dogshit and we were bottom for months because we were poor not that the other side's were too good. Next year it's about time Newcastle/Sunderland/Villa/WBA went down

Kermo will score shed loads against us next season!!!!

He'll chip a penalty in as Schmichael dives to one side knowing our luck :)

I never understood the hate for him - yes it was stupid, but if it had gone in most people on here would have gone nuts.

Congrats to Bournemouth and hope they are successful!

Always liked Bournemouth, I used to go there when I was a kid, a really nice place.

Now please please please can we play them on the May Day Bank Holiday weekend (A year this saturday), I really want us to get an away game against a team by the sea on a bank holiday, never happens though.

I never understood the hate for him - yes it was stupid, but if it had gone in most people on here would have gone nuts.

but it didn't...

Erm, Callum Wilson cost £3 million plus add ons which'll no doubt come into effect now...

It's a great achievement for what has always seemed to be quite a likeable and inoffensive club, but lets not pretend this is a fairytale - they've spent some cash to get to where they are.

Well their net spending in the last 2 seasons seems to be around £3 million in total and they spent bugger all in the seasons before that so given that, like I said, they haven't spent shedloads of cash and their rise through the ranks is quite an achievement.

Yeah, but they would have.

Sorry, I'll put this in proper FT lingo

they would of

well maybe they would, but it didn't. so a very pointless argument. it's a crap debate anyway it was 5 years ago and we're a lot better off now than then so dunno why anyone would be that upset. but he did miss so saying "if he had scored" the reaction would've been different is a bit silly. 

it's all about eddie howe. the man is a bloody genius, for now that is 

Exactly. If they are bottom of the Premier League next season it'll be interesting to see how the media view him.

That's pretty much it really.

Archived