Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The EU referendum - IN / OUT or Shake it all about.

You can't learn a trade in 3 months, hang on to your money.

My engineering apprenticeship was 5 years and 5 years day release although the1st year I had to do 3 evenings and a Saturday  morning it was the same for the electrician apprentices and 45hr week to boot.

Can only speak from experience, but I work for a bus company and we're desperate for drivers, and we've never looked to Europe. We've got 80 odd drivers and three are from the EU. In fact the largest number of non British drivers are from India and Pakistan. In all the 4 years I've worked there non of the EU staff, the three we have now and three or four we've employed in that time that have since left, have been sourced, they've all just applied like anyone else would, and you'll only get an interview if you have the correct licence. Putting people through their licence isn't the done thing in the industry, it's expensive and workers move around a lot. We'll pay the £50 per course to do the CPC courses but that's about it, and we'll have it back when they leave if it's less than a year old. So basically we're employing anyone able to do the job, British or not. If there's no British people wanting to be bus drivers, then we have to employ someone who does. Once they're in the job, we have to pay competitive prices to keep them, or they piss off to arriva, so there's no immigration pushing wages down. If your wages have stagnated to need to start looking around, not blaming your polish workmate for keeping it that way. If you're good at your job you'll force an employers hand, if they're not bothered you'll get better pay elsewhere. Oh and my wages haven't moved for a couple of years and there's no eu immigrants in the offices at work, so stagnant wages aren't all down to immigration.

Fair enough it's not an industry I will pretend to know a lot about but wage suppression in industry is down to immigration, it's a supply and demand thing. Less demand the more valuable they become.

You can't learn a trade in 3 months, hang on to your money.

It depends if it's an intensive course. You can learn the theory and a small part of the practical. Certainly in electrics as I have seen them come through. Obviously there is an amount of naivety towards the practical side (which can be exploited for humour) which does need experience.

European president apparently said reform isn't an option beyond brexit should we choose to remain, my questions would be the following;

Should 5,000,000 people decide they want to move here in the next 12 months, can we as a nation have a say?

No

If we don't like the leadership in Brussels can we vote to remove them, as we can our own government if we're unhappy with them?

No

Will we be forced into paying more bailouts, should they be required?

Yes

Can we negotiate more fishing territory?

No

Can we stop our judges being over ruled by E.U judges?

No

All of the answers to the above questions are my issues.

Finally enough I had a nephew who did the first year of an electrician apprenticeship. You were meant to find yourself an employer after a year but he didn't so didn't go any further. When he'd been doing it nearly a year I thought I'd give him a bit of encouragement and pay him to change a light fitting for me. I could have done it myself, it was just disconnecting a few wires an d then reconnecting. He didn't have a clue what to do. I honest don't know what they were teaching him on that course.

Finally enough I had a nephew who did the first year of an electrician apprenticeship. You were meant to find yourself an employer after a year but he didn't so didn't go any further. When he'd been doing it nearly a year I thought I'd give him a bit of encouragement and pay him to change a light fitting for me. I could have done it myself, it was just disconnecting a few wires an d then reconnecting. He didn't have a clue what to do. I honest don't know what they were teaching him on that course.

Are you my uncle?

Am I feeling up Portugal in this scenario? Or is Portgual feeling me up? And do I get to choose the Portuguese person who feels me up? Or does my head of state choose the aforementioned groper himself? And Portugal's always been pretty close to Spain. I'm not sure I'm sexually liberated enough for a threesome. Please respond before the voting deadline.

Ha ha obviously a flashback to a drink fueled night in Magaluf.

European president apparently said reform isn't an option beyond brexit should we choose to remain, my questions would be the following;

Should 5,000,000 people decide they want to move here in the next 12 months, can we as a nation have a say?

No

If we don't like the leadership in Brussels can we vote to remove them, as we can our own government if we're unhappy with them?

No

Will we be forced into paying more bailouts, should they be required?

Yes

Can we negotiate more fishing territory?

No

Can we stop our judges being over ruled by E.U judges?

No

All of the answers to the above questions are my issues.

1. We have a say in that we said free movement of people in Europe is a good idea. Not sure about five million new people, though, bro.

2. Yeah, we remove them by voting for the MEPs and getting them to dissolve the Parliament.

3. Will we? Wait how?

4. Why not? Do we want to? Who are we negotiating with?

5. If the UK has agreed in a treaty to something, and said this would be in British law, and then we don't abide by it, then yeah, by the treaty negotiations, we're over-ruled, because we said that would be okay.

This is one of the points that makes brexit looks like a mixture of misinformed and willfully ignorant.

Sure, be angry at immigration if you must. But aimlessly pointing at someone in the European Commission about immigration from outside of the EU is fairly crazy.

Of course, as a block, the EU could be used as a policy vehicle, but that obviously is thrown out the window on brexit.

There are no excuses for the levels of immigration and the deceiving of the British people which Tony Blair practiced in starting it all. He took the piss out of British people for his own ends.

Whether that's the worst thing he did is debateable. I still think  of Iraqi families sitting down to breakfast and being blasted into obliivion by coalition planes. What he presided over was disgusting beyond words in terms of lives, limbs, money, infrastructure and everything that has come about since.

And to think the rabid, self-serving  multiculturalists and social engineers have the effrontery to call "racist" those who demand a return to sensible immigration, sensible controls, careful consideration of incomer applications and so much more that would make the whole process right for everyone who lives here and not just the ideologically favoured few, and to heckle every attempt they make to explain is only reflective of their blinkered outlook.

Those same people mock those who express their love and concern for this country and in turn spit on the banners of patriotism and nationalism while recklessly opening the doors to some people whose own countries are often a prime example of what not to do in running a fair, successful and effective administration.

And yet those self-same people have been a part of the problems in their country and might prove to be part of ever increasing problems here if we don't take care and apply sensible safeguards that suit our country, our people and our expectations and not the manipulations of those who shout "racist" or "xenophobe" every time they don't get their own way..

There were people on last night's referendum debate who do just the same as people on here when something is being said that they don't agree with.

They heckle and try to shout people down to try to stop any alternative point of view being expressed. Such people are the enemies of freedom and free speech just like Hitler, Stalin and chairman Mao were on a much largr scale. But they refuse to see or acknowledge it.

I'm actually insulted to be thought of by anyone as either racist.or zenophobic and every aspect of my life illustrates the lies of it.

But that doesn't matter to the critics any more than the people's views mattered to Tony Blair - as illustrated by the fact that he didn't dare reveal his real intentions over immigration any more than he told the truth about Iraq in his desire, as Bush's puppet,  to set the killing and maiming machines in action.

.    .      

Blair and Cameron are like peas in a political pod. They simply say what suits them and to hell with the truth.

I just hope and pray we vote "leave" tomorrow and then find the politicians to steer this country in such a way that it sets an example to the world both in terms of trade and sound, principle-based ideologies which consider the rights, needs, hopes and expectations of the UK citizens our government is supposed to serve first, second, last and in every situation.

Nothing we do domestically or internationally should adversely impact on our own citizens and the principles we adopt to serve them.

And as for our laws, our sovereignty and everything else related to our governance we have no right to give away anything without our nation's unambiguous sayso.

Our people wanted to be part of a trading block - not a federal united States of Europe marshalled and machinated by people like Juncker who clearly don't give a toss about the UK and actually have the affrontery to threaten us.

I really can't get over that. And I can't get over the thought of British people putting up with that.  

1. We have a say in that we said free movement of people in Europe is a good idea. Not sure about five million new people, though, bro.

2. Yeah, we remove them by voting for the MEPs and getting them to dissolve the Parliament.

3. Will we? Wait how?

4. Why not? Do we want to? Who are we negotiating with?

5. If the UK has agreed in a treaty to something, and then we don't abide by it, then yeah.

Point 2, I don't think our 73 meps can dissolve parliament without some support. I don't think they can even amend laws in council.

Point 2, I don't think our 73 meps can dissolve parliament without some support. I don't think they can even amend laws in council.

I dont think they could dissolve an alka seltzer without umpteen meetings and the production of a 50 page document

Makes me laugh really. The whole country getting it's knickers in a twist while Cameron and Boris are probably texting each other taking the piss. Wouldn't surprise me if those Bullingdon best buddies have got a few grand side bet wager on the outcome. Whatever happens, neither of them have to work again and are both made for life. It's probably just a game a game to them and a battle of Ego's as to who's the top dog. 

8742033106_a2b50e5748.jpg

Makes me laugh really. The whole country getting it's knickers in a twist while Cameron and Boris are probably texting each other taking the piss. Wouldn't surprise me if those Bullingdon best buddies have got a few grand side bet wager on the outcome. Whatever happens, neither of them have to work again and are both made for life. It's probably just a game a game to them and a battle of Ego's as to who's the top dog. 

8742033106_a2b50e5748.jpg

It doesn't make it a less important decision because a few posh people are trying to benifit from it.

The turn to the status quo that most expected appears to be revealing itself in some of the late polls we've been given today.

I think the country will vote to stay.

Sheila Hancock might have helped!

This Farage story is going to develop tomorrow morning isn't it? It's strange, because reports I've read says he informed Channel 4 at 2pm so I would have thought one press agency would have got a wiff of something, but nothing yet - just rummors on Twitter.

5,000,000 people was an exaggerated figure to emphasise the point: we have no control on immigration in the E.U.

Immigration when controlled is essential, but how can you know what the figures could jump to? You can't, therefore you can't have any logical plan in place for housing or school places.

My stance is simple, our government should answer to nobody.

Well tonight was the first night in the last few months I've watched the News for a few hours. And it just confirmed to me why I don't watch the news for a few hours every night. What a load of bollux. Remain will win. Get on with your lives people.

Archived