Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The EU referendum - IN / OUT or Shake it all about.

I've never been undecided but I hope you join us in leave :)

It's the inevitable lurch to the right that troubles me; the cynic in me sees the Tories using the economic turmoil as a justification for yet more ideological austerity.

Remove that scenario and I would probably vote to leave.

Who's talking about national pride and patriotism anyway? I want out because it's undemocratic and going backwards economically. I don't think every problem will go away if we leave but they'll be our problems and it'll be up to our politicians to solve them or face the consequences if they don't.

So that's: Turkey hacked off with duplicitous Cameron; German CBI saying trade kept open post-Brexit; Juncker "no more EU reform". In 1 day.

Just a shame none of it will actually make the news. Its a shambles. Surely the news have a duty to report on everything. Bbc is bad but is nowhere near as bad as sky news. I've literally stopped following them on twitter and don't watch any of it anymore. Its so biased it's unreal. Anyone else seen it?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/too-many-apprenticeships-not-meeting-the-needs-of-young-people-employers-or-the-economy

If you're under 19 I think it is, then have a look because the government funds the place, making it easier to get a placement. If you're over then it's down to the employer, which makes it harder.

Why aren't the employers offering them, take a guess. Plenty of mature low skilled people would love to be offered the chance but alas, we take the easy cheap option. It's a betrayal and I see it at the very place I work, why bother, there is no incentive to give the untrained a chance. You are a caring intelligent person Barry, I don't understand why you can't see how this keeps the thumb pressed down on the head of the poor. A vote for remain, is a vote for business. Not for the people who are oppressed by it. If you have moose on your side, you can be absolutely certain the object of it is not for the oppressed minority.

Steven, you are disgusting. You've tried to brand anyone who supports Brexit as an ignorant racist that sympathises with murderers. Your crass smears do nothing for your cause.

The whole campaign has been one long shrieking contest. There is no debate in politics anymore, anywhere in the world. Just two sides seeing who can get outraged the most, brandishing everything as "disgusting" and pointing at each other in a "I know you are but what am I" way.

I love my country, and am proud to be British. We are a great island, with a proud history, and I have no desire to see us become even more enmeshed with,  dictated to, and swallowed up, by a bunch of foreigners who kick us around as they wish.

If you too, have any vestige of British pride, then don't betray us.  VOTE LEAVE.

I was a bit depressed about the whole thing, because I think the impact on domestic politics is going to be disastrous either way. Quite looking forward to voting betrayal tomorrow after this though, thanks.

It's the inevitable lurch to the right that troubles me; the cynic in me sees the Tories using the economic turmoil as a justification for yet more ideological austerity.

I understand you have fears about it and there are obvious reasons for it but it can be reversed. This I feel cannot. I hope you vote, whichever way you choose.

I haven't been reading closely enough and I usually turn off when I see Farage's face, why does he keep waving his passport around like it's his schlong?

At least he isn't waving his schlong around like its his passport, it's frowned upon in customs.

but wages will rise faster than they are and people with skills will become more valuable and that is what we should be aiming for.

There's no evidence that will happen. If the widely anticipated economic slowdown happens then it won't happen within a few years. After that is anyone's guess.

You can deal with the Tories after we have left ....     every 5 years isn't it ...   whereas this vote might not come round again.

Why aren't the employers offering them, take a guess. Plenty of mature low skilled people would love to be offered the chance but alas, we take the easy cheap option. It's a betrayal and I see it at the very place I work, why bother, there is no incentive to give the untrained a chance. You are a caring intelligent person Barry, I don't understand why you can't see how this keeps the thumb pressed down on the head of the poor. A vote for remain, is a vote for business. Not for the people who are oppressed by it. If you have moose on your side, you can be absolutely certain the object of it is not for the oppressed minority.

There are some very unwelcome bedfellows on the Leave side, tbf - the thought of voting with the likes of Gove and IDS turns my stomach.

There are some very unwelcome bedfellows on the Leave side, tbf - the thought of voting with the likes of Gove and IDS turns my stomach.

Vote with Cameron and Osbourne then.

And Jeremy Hunt.

Tbh I find this whole overemphasis on Jo Cox pretty unpalatable in of itself.  There surely wouldn't be all this media coverage telling us what a great person this politician who over 90% of the country had never heard of before was had she been murdered for her particular set of beliefs at any other time than in the last few months.  I'm sure it would have garnered a fair bit of coverage by default but not quite on the scale we're seeing.

Clknw8_XEAAtPqB.jpg

lol

There's no evidence that will happen. If the widely anticipated economic slowdown happens then it won't happen within a few years. After that is anyone's guess.

There's no evidence anything will happen, it's the future. It's as widely anticipated as the economic slowdown. Excessive migration causes wage suppression.

It was a stab in the dark :)

I disagree.

Ignoring your hypothetical scenario of quadrupling the population (which would require building circa 200 cities the size of Leicester), a 'few hundred thousand' per year would require one new 'Leicester' per year.

That's unrealistic, unsustainable, and (to me) unwelcome.

Fair enough.

Personally I've never felt that we are running out of fields or open space. You can drive ten minutes outside of any typical UK City and be surrounded by fields. That isn't going to change any time soon. Like I said, we can also build upwards and on brownfield sites. We're not going to run out of space. It just isn't going to happen.

Archived