Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Jamie Vardy included in Englands squad for upcoming friendlies

I hope he knows just how much we love him. He's like Sonic the hedgehog after you activate Super Sonic then accidentally bounce on a shoe monitor and can't tell what's going on and there's just shit flying all over the shop and then you win

lol One of the best things I've read in a long time! +1

I hate the arguments people are using against his inclusion. Basically comes down to "he's only scored 4 goals so he's not good enough". But imagine if Vardy was playing for Southampton or someone fashionable, there would have been a massive clamour to call up the top English assister and get some hard working, pressing forwards in the team. Never mind the fact that the squad is down to bare-bones and we need 4 strikers.

Always rated him even when he wasn't firing on all cylinders. The guy has it in the locker and i am positive he will be able to cut it at international level should he get the game time!!

Well done vardy, well earned and will no doubt make me start to enjoy watching England again with you in the fold.

That is a myth... a player barely spends enough time at international level to really have an impact on how he plays, besides this England team is more exciting than past sides and most players are actually playing in the same way they do for their clubs... Vardy will actually fit in with the way England play

don't get me wrong, if England play to his strengths, balls in the channels etc he'll be an instant hit with England fans. If they try to get him laying balls back to the midfield and other strikers then we won't see him at his best

Middlesbrough?

It was 'the snow game' against Boro early 2013 where only like 8000 fans made it. Vardy came on as a late sub, then in stoppage time when tracking back gave away the penalty which Kasper saved (think my knowledge is right!)

wasnt that when Emnes stepped up? awful penalty from what i remember. No surprise

Who'd have thought at that point that people would be debating Vardy or Kane for the England squad. Sweet baby Jesus...

Thanks gents. Put my mind to rest!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwvdp8_leicester-vs-middlesbrough-18-01-2013-schmeichel-penalty-save-ft1-0_sport?from_related=related.page.int.gravity-only.2d2844065e670026c133e3acc7c64a3f143229566

Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has admitted that he’s still trying to get his head around his call-up to Roy Hodgson’s senior England squad this week.
The former Fleetwood Town man has been the subject of many column inches since the squad for fixtures against Ireland and Slovenia was announced, with Hodgson also paying tribute to the striker’s performances this term. 

Vardy’s tale of a meteoric rise from non-league to Premier League in just three seasons is one that the media are keen to tell, and for Vardy, who was gearing up for his summer holidays when the news broke, it’s hard to believe. 

“I was in shock,” he told Foxes Player. “That’s the only way I can describe it. I wasn’t expecting it one bit. I got a text message while I was out doing my holiday shopping, which I’ve had to put on hold. 

“To be honest it’s not really settled in yet, I’m still trying to get my head around it. The battery on my phone died very quickly after the squad got released and I didn’t charge it up again until I got to bed that night.” 

There had been speculation that the England boss may choose to name Vardy in his squad after his performances helped City complete a stunning escape from relegation, but it was not something on the striker’s radar. 

“I didn’t take much notice of the talk at all,” he said of media stories surrounding a call-up. “I found out that the England manager had been to the Southampton match but you’d have thought he’d have been watching Southampton’s England internationals who have already played for their country, so I took no notice of it whatsoever. 

“I don’t know [how it has happened]. A lot of hard work, that’s all I can say. I’ve had to put a lot of hard work in, get over a few bad times and knuckle down. It’s just about hard work and graft. 

“I owe Nigel Pearson a lot. He gave me a chance to play league football to start with. Now we’ve managed to get out of the Championship to play in the Premier League and he’s given me the opportunity to play at this level as well.” 

And for England fans eager to find out what City fans have long known about their number nine, Vardy was happy to tell them exactly what they’ll be getting. 

“Energy, aggression and pace. It’s as simple as that."

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/vardy-in-state-of-shock-2468167.aspx#QW3sht6jb1TYckuM.99

I think Vardy is a bit of a legend myself.

His reaction to scoring the winner at West Brom showed a bloke who's goal really mattered to him.

He's a cheeky chap, his hair is weird (akin to the old Phil Gee mullet..not in appearance but as in hair that stood out!) and I love how he scampers about and never gives anything up.

One of my favourite players is Jamie. He's come up through the conference, has taken his chance and is now in the England reckoning.

I'll remember Vardy in years to come as one of City's best strikers in the Pearson years.

And to think, I'd have sold him to the Baggies :o (note to self...don't be so bloody hasty Col)

I think Vardy is a bit of a legend myself.

His reaction to scoring the winner at West Brom showed a bloke who's goal really mattered to him.

He's a cheeky chap, his hair is weird (akin to the old Phil Gee mullet..not in appearance but as in hair that stood out!) and I love how he scampers about and never gives anything up.

One of my favourite players is Jamie. He's come up through the conference, has taken his chance and is now in the England reckoning.

I'll remember Vardy in years to come as one of City's best strikers in the Pearson years.

And to think, I'd have sold him to the Baggies :o (note to self...don't be so bloody hasty Col)

Cols football knowledge + back of a postage stamp = fvck all lol lol lol

I hope he gets a chance against at least the Irish, it'd be mad just to call him up to 'have a look at him'. You can do that scouting matches and watching DVDs. If he gets in, it'll be the first time I've bothered to watch an England game since they showed how much they don't care in South Africa. They might just be worth watching again with some LCFC talent in there

Good read that. I like Winter interviews. Always feel like you get a bit more insight about the character of the person

I agree, he always gets so much out of his interviewee and is very talented at conveying it in an article. That's a great read, worthy of Vardy's remarkable story.

Archived