Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Jamie Vardy included in Englands squad for upcoming friendlies

"Jamie Vardy" is trending on Twitter - this is by far my favourite so far:

https://twitter.com/crazysandra101/status/601404096365592576

So much lunacy in less than 140 characters is somehow inspiring.

Anyway, thrilled for the lad. I remember a similar consternation/outrage when Heskey was called up agaisnt the Argies and he ended up winning MOTM. (that was 15 years ago!!!)

Joint Chelsea and Man U fan says it all lol

Joint Chelsea and Man U fan says it all lol

A joint Man Utd and Chelsea fan? Well she clearly knows her onions. Bitch.

Yup. 1 goal, 3 assists and won 2 penalties against both the teams she supports (seriously, WTF) and she's never heard of him. I pity her.

"Jamie Vardy" is trending on Twitter - this is by far my favourite so far:

https://twitter.com/crazysandra101/status/601404096365592576

So much lunacy in less than 140 characters is somehow inspiring.

Anyway, thrilled for the lad. I remember a similar consternation/outrage when Heskey was called up agaisnt the Argies and he ended up winning MOTM. (that was 15 years ago!!!)

What is she doing tweeting about football? Back to the kitchen bitch!

Congratulations Vardy. Most deserved, hard work gets you places. Keep that end of season form up on the international stage and you'll shut some of the critics up. What a rise from non-league football!

Some of these morons clearly haven't seen Vardy play, therefore don't know about what he'll bring to the table. Pace, energy, workrate and infectious enthusiasm for the game. Some of the current England crop could learn a thing or two from that. I know two groups of people that will be less happy than these docile big club 'fans' to see Vardy in the England squad; Ireland's defence and Slovenia's defence. Up and at 'em Vards!

Jamie Vardy's having a party!

I say two things.

To anyone who is not happy about Vardy being selected then you can go and fvcking well jog on.

Secondly what about his foot injury? Surely he needs some rest. :dunno::huh::ph34r:

Absolutely thrilled for him, works his bollocks off and no small amount of talent too. Would make life difficult for any defender at any level.

He's not really international class, I think most of us know that, but he's earned a chance on merit and if he takes it fair play to him, if it doesn't materalise into a full international career then it's still a monumental achievement, for him and for the club, and fantastic experience.

Well done Jamie and good luck.

And you know what? Even though it'll risk him getting injured and missing the games, he'll still give his all against QPR.

Can't believe how arrogant people are towards this call up.

Jamie has worked incredibly hard, his assist rate and work rate is much better than what we currently have, and some of the suggestions I have heard who should have been called up instead of him.

Good on you lad.

Let's be honest, some fans moaning about Jamie Vardy being in the England squad is not surprising or particularly controversial. I was shocked myself. But on form he deserves it, especially when Barkley gets included. And that defense.... if anything Vardy should bag quite a few in training.

What I love about him is what a pure footballer he is. He just plays, no bullshit. You could put him at left back and he'd work his arse off. In an age when football is obsessed - American style - with systems, stats and analysis, it's great that a player like Vardy exists. Someone who's gone from the very bottom to the top of his profession, playing the game his way.

Archived