Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Jamie Vardy included in Englands squad for upcoming friendlies

If he plays and has a good game or two, he might be able to put himself in contention for the next round of fixtures. He's never going to be first choice I don't think, but when on form he certainly warrants a place within the larger squad, if not necessarily the matchday squad.

England's next fixtures in September are San Marino (who with all due respect, are probably on par with Fleetwood) and Switzerland. If he performs well in June and until then, he could well be in with a shot of getting some match time in that first qualifier.

Thats a bit generous, Fleetwood would stick 5 past them

What gets me about everyone moaning on Twitter is:

England fans always moan only players from the top teams get selected.

A player from a smaller team gets called up and they all complain.  :unsure:

It reminds me of a kindergarten lesson where basically everyone is seeking the teacher's attention at once - bar the Leicester kid. :D

It reminds me of a kindergarten lesson where basically everyone is seeking the teacher's attention at once - bar the Leicester kid. :D

Exactly, Palace fans think Roy should pick Murray (Saw someone suggest that :blink:) and Puncheon, Sunderland fans think Wickham should be called up.

Basically, what everyone means is, we want players from smaller clubs, as long as it's ours. 

I cannot believe the last two years we have had. This same player, alongside Drinkwater was being ridoculed before that Boro game last season. I have never seen a player have more abuse before the season has even started. Now he's got an England call up. Absolutely incredible how his career has been transformed, and if anyone in our squad deserves it , it is him. The only player I've seen close to him in his energy levels at full pace was when Rooney broke onto the scene. It's funny how things in football can change. Some people wanted him out in January when Pulis was supposedly interested.

Nice read :)

He will certianly offer something different, is a great option as super sub imo

Without Vardy, Fleetwood would probably not have gotten promoted to the Football League for the first time ever. Without him, we probably wouldn't have gotten promoted to the Premier League. Without him, we probably wouldn't have stayed up in the Premier League.

At the end of next summer, England fans will be saying "we probably wouldn't have won the Euros if it wasn't for Jamie Vardy". Well... Could happen...

Without Vardy, Fleetwood would probably not have gotten promoted to the Football League for the first time ever. Without him, we probably wouldn't have gotten promoted to the Premier League. Without him, we probably wouldn't have stayed up in the Premier League.

At the end of next summer, England fans will be saying "we probably wouldn't have won the Euros if it wasn't for Jamie Vardy". Well... Could happen...

Imagine it. An Aguero moment in the Euro final.

Its Rooney

VARDYYYYYYYYY

I just hope he doesn't have his rawness overcoached out of him (if selected for England regularly) and effectively ruined as a player like so many England players

That is a myth... a player barely spends enough time at international level to really have an impact on how he plays, besides this England team is more exciting than past sides and most players are actually playing in the same way they do for their clubs... Vardy will actually fit in with the way England play

Archived