Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Jamie Vardy included in Englands squad for upcoming friendlies

The thing is, there isn't a player like Vardy in the PL right now. Most neutrals will be absolutely astounded by this but I honestly believe if he played 90 minutes in both of these England games that he'd win over a lot of people. England get about 5 penalties a qualifying campaign and Vardy will win them even more before he's even started.

Have to say I was initially stunned when I saw the headline. We'll chugged for the lad! What he lacks in goals he gains in pace and assists.

Good opportunity against Ireland seeing as he's played against most of their defence in the past two seasons, too.

Very pleased for the lad, as we know he's a very hard worker and no doubt with that pace he'll scare a few defenders. Is he international quality?... I'm not sure, to be honest even though he's been fantastic for the foxes this season I'm still very surprised he's been called up. I can imagine he's took the place of Harry Kane who is unavailable due to being involved with the U21's. 

He's quite unique (under the radar) as a forward in that he has the ability to be on a defender or keeper a little quicker than most and he simply gets to what many would consider a 50/50 ball ahead of most opponents. I can see him doing pretty well for England if he gets the nod. Some quality (It is England) around him sending through balls might be enough to bag him a goal or two

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the news.  It's great news and well deserved for Vards.  Too often England squads are picked by looking through the squad lists of the top 5 or 6 teams and form isn't considered.  I hope he gets some game time, would be awesome to see him in an England shirt.

So so pleased for Vardy, his attitude will be a breath of fresh air in that England team. It will be nostalgic for Rooney too, watching Vards might remind him of the halycon days when he used to work hard and close down for England, before he joined Man U and turned into a prima donna.

Just realised that this means he'll probably miss the club-organised trip to Thailand...

Something tells me he won't care, though, lol

He could always join them later, provided there's still a few days left on the calendar.

Reading that forum from Man U where they say "no wonder the England team is shitt" makes me laugh. The England team is shitt because under played players get picked because they play (sometimes) for the bigger clubs.

Man U fans now have pages and pages on Vardy......who doesn't know him now??? England has been so boring to watch....at least Vardy will add a spark that the team clearly needs to keep people interested. Hey they're talking already!!!

So, so far this season:

We signed the most decorated and skilled former Argentinian international Esteban Cambiasso.

Put together the best Premier a League relegation escape ever.

Had our rags to riches striker Jamie Vardy who was playing Non-League three years ago called up to the England squad.

What. A. Season. :)

In a moment I'm going to wake up and find Leicester have been relegated with QPR and Burnley with 23 points and Vardy played the last 8 games of the season on loan to Wolves. All that's happened since April 4, I must be dreamin

Archived