Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fuchs

Notice in the interview the two reasons for joining were 1) "The way the coach works is how I like." 2) "the great escape was cool." Two factors that won him over. Nige playing his cards right again.

Good signing, experience of Europe and leading a team at international level, another leader on the pitch will help no end. Esteban to lead the midfield (please resign), Huth and Fuchs to lead the back line, Ulloa to lead the strikers. Born leaders all over the pitch, perfect back bone to a good side.

Now we just need a winger to replace knocky and make sure was signs on the dotted line and were pretty much sorted.

Be nice to see good crosses coming in from Albrighton on the right and Fuchs on the left. Ulloa is going to have a field day!

To make it absolutely clear, in German the "u" is always pronounced like northerners (and people who speak raht propoh Lestoh) would say it.

You can probably get away with turning the gutteral "ch" into a "k" sound.

So: "Fooks" (like books) and deffo not "Fahx", then.

:)

probably most English will get away with fux,...with the 'u' being like a midland or northern 'u' like ..pub, club, butter.

Yeah I noticed that on this Twitter page; does anyone know if that was there before cos of his name or if he's done that after joint today? Either way it's awesome.

Thinks its their partly because of his name and partly because of the football academy that he's heavily involved with (which I think uses that as its logo...)

He's here he's there he's every fuchsing were,,Christian Fuchs.....

Family stand join in and then breaks into heated babble as parents tell their kids off.

Kid: (grinning) 'but it's his name mum'

Mum: yes, but how many times do I have to tell you, his names pronounced fooks, not ****S, that you over enthusiastically shout.

Kid: Errr, mum.

Steward: excuse me madam would you like to come with me.

Mum: OH FOO..., **** OFF.

I didnt know much about him but I watched the Real v Schalke game and I remember thinking he looked good.

Now I am very excited by the signing. I hope Schlupp does stay. I love Jeff and want him to have a big role for us.

Can we change the site's name to Fuchsestalk for a bit or something? Austrian national colours, eagles all over the place and shiz. Someone knock up a banner.

And don't forget some form of Alliance badges and stickers.

Got to love the off season with all the 99 percent of rubbish rumours re transfers. I have read 4 reports this morning re the Fuchs signing that now indicate we will move on Schlupp. There is no way NP is going to sell Schlupp otherwise we are back to only Fuchs and god help us Konch (who is surely now well on the outer) to cover the left.

Despite his short comings and the fact he is still developing Schlupp adds a hell of a lot re versatility down the left playing both defensive and attacking roles when required so he would very much be required unless the likes of Arsenal offer up stupid $$$ re an offer.

Living in Austria as I do, he is a good signing. But not a replacement for Jeff, more an option. Now we need to go after Soriano. He scored his 32nd Goal of the season for Salzburg last night in the Austrian Cup-Final and he went public in the press saying he would now like to try playing in a 'big' league. Go get him now as there will be lots of Clubs interested. Southampton may make a move as he played with Mane.

Pronounced Fooks.

Archived