Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

N'golo Kante - Medical passed according to Radio Leicester

I don't think height comes into it for Kante, look at Medel for instance a quality holding midfielder who is 5ft 6. In midfield physicality doesn't necessarily correspond with height. At CB this can be a different case although with many many exceptions

I'd personally love us to sign Kante, not seen him play personally but sounds like the sort of player that would seriously suit our playing style and hopefully would contribute massively to the team

Neil Lennon was arguably the best player in his position that I've ever seen at Leicester.

If he was in his prime today and in the current Barcelona team he wouldn't look out of place one bit.

I can't remember Lennon leaping at the back post like a salmon as he powered a header in at the back post against a 6,3" centre half.

From the YouTube video he looks very quick and being small and muscular means he's likely to have excellent acceleration. That's as important and just a different skill from say the aerial threat of a Matic.

Neil Lennon was arguably the best player in his position that I've ever seen at Leicester.

If he was in his prime today and in the current Barcelona team he wouldn't look out of place one bit.

I can't remember Lennon leaping at the back post like a salmon as he powered a header in at the back post against a 6,3" centre half.

From the YouTube video he looks very quick and being small and muscular means he's likely to have excellent acceleration. That's as important and just a different skill from say the aerial threat of a Matic.

Lennon not look out of place in the Barcelona team?

lol

I've heard it all now!

Christ....

One name, Claude Makélélé. 

Is he available then or N'golo's brother?

This is the Kante threadstill isn't it?

People are arguing about Kante's height, there are a number of different players that are similar perhaps smaller and have been quality, Veratti, Makele, Davids, Macherano etc etc. Height doesn't matter...

Don't forget neil Lennon... He wouldn't look out of place in that company...

People are arguing about Kante's height, there are a number of different players that are similar perhaps smaller and have been quality, Veratti, Makele, Davids, Macherano etc etc. Height doesn't matter...

You keep telling the girls that.

And I agree with you.

We could have a midfield of Kante and Cabaye.

Keegan and Speedie are two that spring to mind.

Blue Fox that causes me a dilemma if my sons ask about Speedie I will have to explain he was a horrible nasty little bas###d who played for us and they probably will ask "like Dennis Wise" so then I will have to explain he was just a cvnt, on fathers day as well.

Blue Fox that causes me a dilemma if my sons ask about Speedie I will have to explain he was a horrible nasty little bas###d who played for us and they probably will ask "like Dennis Wise" so then I will have to explain he was just a cvnt, on fathers day as well.

I sympathise with your dilemma but at least Speedie turned out to be half decent when he played for us. Whereas Wise was just a despicable little sh1t. To my horror my son was presented with a medal by Dennis Wise at a football tournament about three years ago. Couldn't bring myself to applaud.

I sympathise with your dilemma but at least Speedie turned out to be half decent when he played for us. Whereas Wise was just a despicable little sh1t. To my horror my son was presented with a medal by Dennis Wise at a football tournament about three years ago. Couldn't bring myself to applaud.

I forgave Speedie for all his sins after the way he played for us, as for someone asking Dennis Wise to present trophies to kids, that is just so wrong on so many levels.

I forgave Speedie for all his sins after the way he played for us, as for someone asking Dennis Wise to present trophies to kids, that is just so wrong on so many levels.

Agreed. Anyway I think we're getting off track for this thread. Personally I like the look of N'golo Kante from what I can make of him. I hope we are in for him as he looks like the type of player we could do with in our midfield.

Here's the thing. There is talk we are interested but haven't yet lodged a bid. So knowing we want to get our business done early, having known for some time what league we are playing in next season, and having had time before season end even to identify our targets, value them and pull together a finance case, and knowing it isn't a straightforward process to bring in a player, having struggled, it would appear last summer, it does make me wonder why at this stage we have yet to prepare and lodge a bid for a player we want if indeed the speculation is true.

There must be good reason

Is this a plan B? Is there someone else we are waiting on?

Is this  dependent on Cambiasso's decision ( to date I've thought not)

Does some money need to come in first?

Does a player need to go out first/

Is the process to speak to the club first and get a feel for wage demands / likelihood of release before making a bid?

Understand why transfers drag on as there are so many aspects that need to come together to complete but not quite sure why we would delay starting the process of formulating and issuing an initial bid?

If we are talking to the club about the player then it is likely we are formulating a bid by discussing each others needs in terms of interest in seeking, total payment ,length of payment period, add ons etc. If the talks go well a bid might go in.

Ok I get the pre contract talks and positioning -  it's my line of business too but these are things that should be continuous even durinng the live season. I'm not even suggesting this be day 1 but our status has been assured since 16th May some 5 weeks ago and it just makes me wonder what strategy, staff and procedures we have in place. For me the early bird gets the worm (without appearing too keen and driving up the price of course) and if it were my club, i'd be wanting critical path updates on progress at least weekly.

It's the same with all clubs though it appears and aware often it depends on players moving on first etc but the whole transfer process appears to me to be lethargic and back ended which to my mind drives cost up, not down as other clubs {A} know your time pressures and {B} want time to sort a replacement themselves

Archived