Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

N'golo Kante - Medical passed according to Radio Leicester

Ok I get the pre contract talks and positioning - it's my line of business too but these are things that should be continuous even durinng the live season. I'm not even suggesting this be day 1 but our status has been assured since 16th May some 5 weeks ago and it just makes me wonder what strategy, staff and procedures we have in place. For me the early bird gets the worm (without appearing too keen and driving up the price of course) and if it were my club, i'd be wanting critical path updates on progress at least weekly.

It's the same with all clubs though it appears and aware often it depends on players moving on first etc but the whole transfer process appears to me to be lethargic and back ended which to my mind drives cost up, not down as other clubs {A} know your time pressures and {B} want time to sort a replacement themselves

the early bird might catch the worm but that early bird also gets eaten by the cat , still very early days nothing is going to happen till July so just accept it

It's holiday season some business does get done early but who really knows whether his agent, some of our finance people, theirs etc are unavailable.   This is true for all our targets.  I expect more movement come 1st July.  It's like the Christmas period at work, not much gets done from around 20th December to past the new year as the decision makers are not around.

We could say the same thing about the Sterling, De Gea or Pogba transfers.  It's when our targets have gone elsewhere that I'll really worry.

the early bird might catch the worm but that early bird also gets eaten by the cat , still very early days nothing is going to happen till July so just accept it

Please don't confuse my question with impatience as it really isn't. I use 'time' as a major factor in my own negotiations to both get improved deals and avoid overpaying. 

I am just questioning the overall market and strategy of all clubs but especially how we fit into that and I know a lot of it is brinkmanship and playing a wait and see game and I know an early showing of your cards is often not the best strategy but it is 'our strategy' as the club have stated to go early.

Regarding the holiday season, yes it is for the management and the players, but it is also the most important part of the season for chose charged with conducting the negotiations. Due to his position and salary, Pearson will play only a bit part role in this with most of the legwork carried out by Rudkin and the team but he will at least be expected to 'have his phone on' to provide minimal input even whilst laying on the beach or maybe talk to a prospective player to help secure the deal.

Car manufacturers don't take their holidays just prior to the new plate coming out just because it is summer etc and the transfer window should be no different from those key to the process.

I suppose the question is, have we learnt from last season as apparently we missed out on a quite a few targets. Time will tell, que sera sera etc from a fans perspective but I am just questioning our transfer window strategy as quote ' we  want to do our business early' but you only achieve that by being ready, and making early bids. If our strategy as quoted is to do business early, yes you risk showing your cards, but we rarely seem to achieve any early success apart from out of contract players.

Spose I am saying that what the club quotes as strategy and the way they act appear inconsistent. The process and strategy really interests me, probably more than the names we are targeting....... But I'm going well of track now for an individual player thread so I'll shut up!  :)

Ok I get the pre contract talks and positioning -  it's my line of business too but these are things that should be continuous even durinng the live season. I'm not even suggesting this be day 1 but our status has been assured since 16th May some 5 weeks ago and it just makes me wonder what strategy, staff and procedures we have in place. For me the early bird gets the worm (without appearing too keen and driving up the price of course) and if it were my club, i'd be wanting critical path updates on progress at least weekly.

It's the same with all clubs though it appears and aware often it depends on players moving on first etc but the whole transfer process appears to me to be lethargic and back ended which to my mind drives cost up, not down as other clubs {A} know your time pressures and {B} want time to sort a replacement themselves

Ever thought the player his agent and people at either club could be on holiday.

Why would we want to put in a bid that if accepted we can't complete.

Then once the offer is reported another club could high jack the deal.

I am sure people at our club know what they are doing and how this business works.

I know they have only got us into the prem but they must have learn't something on the way.

Ever thought the player his agent and people at either club could be on holiday.

I am sure people at our club know what they are doing and how this business works.

I know they have only got us into the prem but they must have learn't something on the way.

Is he a Muslim? If he is, isn't it the month of Ramadan? He might be busy with Ramadan activities if he is...

I am saying that what the club quotes as strategy and the way they act appear inconsistent.

The club have said they will try to do thing early not that they will. You have almost no information at all regarding our process or why transfers haven't happened so I'm not sure why you'd even trying to form an opinion on it, let alone stating we're acting contrary to our previous statements.

Kante could be our second or third option and we're sounding out their board in case other options don't come through. So not having given a written offer at the time of the report, it doesn't mean we didn't have an offer in for someone, or indeed don't have an offer in for him now.

With the information we get we'll never be able to say one way or the other why certain transfers don't go through.

sometimes I hate words on paper as you give people the wrong impression. This kinda all started with me asking a question re strategy. I'm not stating the club or their strategy or the way they handle themselves is wrong in any way and i'm more than impressed with what i've seen and heard about the management team in the place but I am asking myself the question whether we are more / less adept at managing the window than other clubs. I have highlighted an inconsistency but I'm not aware of 10% of the process to come to any real conclusion as to whether we are good at this or not and nobody outside the club really is so it was a stupid question I spose :-)  . I'm in no personal rush to see signings (albeit I really want Cambiasso to put pen to paper :-) ) 

I don't really buy agents being on holiday, not at this time of year as they can do 90% of their work with a phone and laptop, Ramadan doesn't restrict business... Doh, i'm doing it again -  it's just a question i'll not get an answer to so I'll stop hijacking this thread now. :)

The club have said they will try to do thing early not that they will. You have almost no information at all regarding our process or why transfers haven't happened so I'm not sure why you'd even trying to form an opinion on it, let alone stating we're acting contrary to our previous statements.

Kante could be our second or third option and we're sounding out their board in case other options don't come through. So not having given a written offer at the time of the report, it doesn't mean we didn't have an offer in for someone, or indeed don't have an offer in for him now.

With the information we get we'll never be able to say one way or the other why certain transfers don't go through.

crossed in the post but you are right - it took me a while to reach the same conclusion though :-)

sometimes I hate words on paper as you give people the wrong impression. This kinda all started with me asking a question re strategy. I'm not stating the club or their strategy or the way they handle themselves is wrong in any way and i'm more than impressed with what i've seen and heard about the management team in the place but I am asking myself the question whether we are more / less adept at managing the window than other clubs. I have highlighted an inconsistency but I'm not aware of 10% of the process to come to any real conclusion as to whether we are good at this or not and nobody outside the club really is so it was a stupid question I spose :-) . I'm in no personal rush to see signings (albeit I really want Cambiasso to put pen to paper :-) )

I don't really buy agents being on holiday, not at this time of year as they can do 90% of their work with a phone and laptop, Ramadan doesn't restrict business... Doh, i'm doing it again - it's just a question i'll not get an answer to so I'll stop hijacking this thread now. :)

crossed in the post but you are right - it took me a while to reach the same conclusion though :-)

The longer we're in the league the easier it will be to tie up transfers quickly. If / when people see us in the same established bracket as Stoke, Swansea, Saints etc we'll be able to compete easier for players. We probably could now chucking around silly money or taking bigger risks, but that's not the way we want to do it.

Here's the thing. There is talk we are interested but haven't yet lodged a bid. So knowing we want to get our business done early, having known for some time what league we are playing in next season, and having had time before season end even to identify our targets, value them and pull together a finance case, and knowing it isn't a straightforward process to bring in a player, having struggled, it would appear last summer, it does make me wonder why at this stage we have yet to prepare and lodge a bid for a player we want if indeed the speculation is true.

There must be good reason

Is this a plan B? Is there someone else we are waiting on?

Is this  dependent on Cambiasso's decision ( to date I've thought not)

Does some money need to come in first?

Does a player need to go out first/

Is the process to speak to the club first and get a feel for wage demands / likelihood of release before making a bid?

Understand why transfers drag on as there are so many aspects that need to come together to complete but not quite sure why we would delay starting the process of formulating and issuing an initial bid?

I'd imagine everything linked to midfield is waiting on a Cambiasso decision and that could be other players too. They want to know if they are first choice or just squad members. I'm sure Kante would only move to England to be a starting midfielder. I wish Cambiasso would announce his decision so that we can all move on. He has to have made it now - there are no other factors (apart from wage demands in the MLS/elsewhere) that he needs to make. It's starting to be detrimental to the team. 

I'd imagine everything linked to midfield is waiting on a Cambiasso decision and that could be other players too. They want to know if they are first choice or just squad members. I'm sure Kante would only move to England to be a starting midfielder. I wish Cambiasso would announce his decision so that we can all move on. He has to have made it now - there are no other factors (apart from wage demands in the MLS/elsewhere) that he needs to make. It's starting to be detrimental to the team. 

This is all total conjecture resulting in an over-reaction!

Several reports popping up that we are pushing them for an answer as we want the deal to happen quick, but that they are being slow trying to draw out interest from others.

:source:

Tried looking at recent reports online, but nothing for a good few days.

Caen president Jean-Francois Fortin has promised that the future of Leicester City target N'Golo Kante will be decided next week.

The Foxes are understood to be vying for the signature of the 24-year-old central midfielder, who was one of the revelations of Ligue 1 over the final months of last season.

French giants Marseille are Leicester's main rivals for the deal, with Caen looking to receive £8million for the Paris-born player.

Fortin says fans of all three clubs will not have long to wait for news of where Kante will be playing his football next season.

He told Ouest France: "There will be a conclusion next week"

Reports claim Leicester are being 'very pushy' over their bid and want an answer soon as Marseille need to sell midfielder Gianni Imbula on in order to create space and raise cash for the swoop.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/leicester-city/foxes-pushing-hard-for-kante-swoop-1946180.html#.VYgz-flVhHw

:source:

Tried looking at recent reports online, but nothing for a good few days.

https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/foxes-pushing-caen-for-kante-answer-1772969.html?

Caen president Jean-Francois Fortin has promised that the future of Leicester City target N'Golo Kante will be decided next week. The Foxes are understood to be vying for the signature of the 24-year-old central midfielder, who was one of the revelations of Ligue 1 over the final months of last season. French giants Marseille are Leicester's main rivals for the deal, with Caen looking to receive £8million for the Paris-born player. Fortin says fans of all three clubs will not have long to wait for news of where Kante will be playing his football next season. He told Ouest France: "There will be a conclusion next week" Reports claim Leicester are being 'very pushy' over their bid and want an answer soon as Marseille need to sell midfielder Gianni Imbula on in order to create space and raise cash for the swoop. Read more about Leicester. - See more at: https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/foxes-pushing-caen-for-kante-answer-1772969.html?#sthash.QKowA8Sj.dpuf

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/foxes-pushing-caen-for-kante-answer-1772969.html?

The longer we're in the league the easier it will be to tie up transfers quickly. If / when people see us in the same established bracket as Stoke, Swansea, Saints etc we'll be able to compete easier for players. We probably could now chucking around silly money or taking bigger risks, but that's not the way we want to do it.

Speaking of Stoke I wouldn't be surprised if they come in for this bloke as well as a replacement for N'Zonzi. Seems a similar kind of player.

https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/foxes-pushing-caen-for-kante-answer-1772969.html?

Caen president Jean-Francois Fortin has promised that the future of Leicester City target N'Golo Kante will be decided next week. The Foxes are understood to be vying for the signature of the 24-year-old central midfielder, who was one of the revelations of Ligue 1 over the final months of last season. French giants Marseille are Leicester's main rivals for the deal, with Caen looking to receive £8million for the Paris-born player. Fortin says fans of all three clubs will not have long to wait for news of where Kante will be playing his football next season. He told Ouest France: "There will be a conclusion next week" Reports claim Leicester are being 'very pushy' over their bid and want an answer soon as Marseille need to sell midfielder Gianni Imbula on in order to create space and raise cash for the swoop. Read more about Leicester. - See more at: https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/foxes-pushing-caen-for-kante-answer-1772969.html?#sthash.QKowA8Sj.dpuf

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/foxes-pushing-caen-for-kante-answer-1772969.html?

It will be intresting to know when this conversation happened.... was it at the weekend? friday? Then that could be this coming week... if it was this morning... then it could mean next week...

Archived