Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

N'golo Kante - Medical passed according to Radio Leicester

So, at this rate, next season's midfield could be: Schlupp-Fekir-Fuchs-Kante.

Is Nigel a secret fan of Derek & Clive?

Any excuse....

I think I preferred you discussing politics in General Chat.  :whistle:

The ACON will have serious implications for us if more Africans are signed.We are already likely to lose Young Jeff and Mahrez and added to Kante and Sako missing for up to six weeks will leave a big hole in the squad.

That's all very hypothetical. They'll have to qualify first! lol

Plus, we've just made one signing so far - let's wait and see what the summer brings with regards to Kanté and Sako before we get all nervous.

we've been reported to be considering an offer of £8m. Kinda hope his skills include being able to play football  ;)

:D Knew someone would pick that one out. When I say that though I tend to mean looks technically good.

You don't get the full picture from Youtube videos but you get an idea. He looks a pretty decent player to me.

Could be an absolute gem, and I'll stick by my policy of "If he's good enough for Steve Walsh he's good enough for me". Also if we get him I think I could just about bear Estaban leaving. 

All well and good...but lets remember that Steve Walsh played roles in signing Alex Bruce, Danny Simpson and Robbie Neilson.

All well and good...but lets remember that Steve Walsh played roles in signing Alex Bruce, Danny Simpson and Robbie Neilson.

Maybe even Bakayogo too...

the first tand third were definitely based on a different budget we had... Personally dont think Alex did that bad for us... and he's proven to be semi decent playing in the prem for Hull..... Simpson did alright  AS A RIGHT BACK in his first few games for us... but he's not a wing back.... either way we needed competition/ cover for de leat...

But no manager is going to get the tactics right on every game and no scout is going to be 100% right on every player... lets not forget also that sometimes  a name like SImpson might be the last option on a list of 5 RB's and maybe the others were not available or went elsewhere... Not everyne wants to join a newly promoted team! Seeing what happened to Burnley and QPR is testement as to why..

As for Bakayoko, he got injured so we can't really hold that against Walsh... He was voted player of the year in league one so it wasnt necesserily a bad gamble to see if he could make it in the champ... The injury gave him no chance to settle into a champ team...

Maybe even Bakayogo too...

weren't we in league 1 with no cash when we signed Neilson?? , Alex Bruce was hardly dire, and Simpson hasn't exactly been dreadful. Bakayogo showed a lot of promise at his previous club, struggled then got injured. Not all signings will progress as you expect. There is an element of risk in any signing. More hits than misses though

the first tand third were definitely based on a different budget we had... Personally dont think Alex did that bad for us... and he's proven to be semi decent playing in the prem for Hull..... Simpson did alright  AS A RIGHT BACK in his first few games for us... but he's not a wing back.... either way we needed competition/ cover for de leat...

But no manager is going to get the tactics right on every game and no scout is going to be 100% right on every player... lets not forget also that sometimes  a name like SImpson might be the last option on a list of 5 RB's and maybe the others were not available or went elsewhere... Not everyne wants to join a newly promoted team! Seeing what happened to Burnley and QPR is testement as to why..

As for Bakayoko, he got injured so we can't really hold that against Walsh... He was voted player of the year in league one so it wasnt necesserily a bad gamble to see if he could make it in the champ... The injury gave him no chance to settle into a champ team...

crossed in the post  :)

I'm just saying that he makes mistakes.

No need to use the "but he didn't have any money to spend" line cosidering we were easily the most wealthy League 1 club and had Mandaric's backing which bettered most.

Not every signing under he's made has paid off. He's done tremendously, i'm not doubting that. I'm just saying that for every 2 or 3 good signings he makes, there is one bad one.

There was a spot on the Leicester City Football Forum about him IIRC. I did read an article recently stating that his height never was a factor in his playing abilities. We've had good luck with French scouting in the last few years with Mahrez and Knockaert.

Was actually joking but all the small players mentioned or forwards not defensive midfielders. How would he fare against NZonzi or Matic.

Why does he have to be a defensive midfielder? Santi Cazorla has played CM for most of the season and he's practically a dwarf. As long as we have someone next to this chap I'm sure we'll be fine. 

Archived