Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This gets more and more sinister the more information that comes out. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54598546

15 arrested so far, FOUR of whom were Paty’s students. Among the others were relatives of the killer and one of the students who had started an online campaign against the teacher, the parent of whom (and a preacher) apparently declared a fatwa against him. 

Because of a ****ing cartoon. 

They really don't like cartoon's do they. Didn't Charlie Hebdo get targeted twice.

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They really don't like cartoon's do they. Didn't Charlie Hebdo get targeted twice.

It doesn't do Islam any favours in the western world.

I can't think of a single Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, Sikh, Jewish, or any other religion that would take a cartoon of their prophet anything other than fine. 

The fact Muhammad is defended with righteous fury, by many, makes it very hard to leave Islam in the Western world without incidents like these. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I can't think of a single Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, Sikh, Jewish, or any other religion that would take a cartoon of their prophet anything other than fine. 

The fact Muhammad is defended with righteous fury, by many, makes it very hard to leave Islam in the Western world without incidents like these. 

Huitzilopochtli demands sacrifice!

23 hours ago, foxile5 said:

That and the fact that apostasy in Islam under sharia law is death. So either stay and pretend to be a Muslim or be put to death. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Former PM of Malaysia. 

French imperialism, like that of a lot of other nations at the time, was an absolute horror show for those caught under the boot.

But "balancing the scales" now isn't just wrong, it's also utterly meaningless given the way the world has changed.

28 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

French imperialism, like that of a lot of other nations at the time, was an absolute horror show for those caught under the boot.

But "balancing the scales" now isn't just wrong, it's also utterly meaningless given the way the world has changed.

Course it's wrong. I don't get apologies - same with British Imperialism - yes it was wrong but we cannot change something that happened hundreds of years.

I heard one woman say on the radio a few weeks back she was "disgusted" that one of her relatives from the past was a slave trader. But what can she do about it? She was born years later.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Former PM of Malaysia. 

This is so dangerous. It's something Trump gets chastised and heavily criticised for (and rightly so). I'm amazed these tweets are still up. 

It's basically enabling and calling for killings of French people. Not exactly what anyone needs or wants. Ever. Terrible all round. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This is so dangerous. It's something Trump gets chastised and heavily criticised for (and rightly so). I'm amazed these tweets are still up. 

It's basically enabling and calling for killings of French people. Not exactly what anyone needs or wants. Ever. Terrible all round. 

1.2m followers as well. ****ing reprehensible.

Macron has fanned the flames somewhat. As Kopfkino said in another thread, it's only because Anglophone media is so self-obsessed and sees everything through the prism of Trump and / or Brexit that people don't realise how anti-immigrant he can come across. 

2 hours ago, Desabafar said:

why is it a big problem in france than other countries

Because they have an important muslim community from North Africa and Africa (former colonies).

A notable part lives in defavorized suburbs, with not much perspectives, and there was never a real sustained integration policy until recently.

What most here probably don't know is that Algeria had a massive problem with islamic terrorism (financed by Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf States) in the nineties. A time where these nutjobs were widely considered as persecuted political opponents in Europe.

For the West it didn't matter then who would rule these countries, as long as business (oil) goes as usual. They were welcomed in Europe, especially France and the UK, less so in Germany, and basically free to propagate their ideology. Which they thoroughly did. In France it was easier due to the language (french) and, as above mentioned, an important north-african community.

Things changed radically after 9/11, and the western world started to realize the islamic terrorism was a mean for a political vision that wasn't contained  to the countries it originated from but actually the whole world. The states which finance them are known for very long time.

The damage was already done though and the seeds for an islamic terrorism in Europe were already planted.

The islam's and its theologians current inability to evolve and offer a vaild alternative to these nutjob, for whatever reason, coupled to a muslim population being for the most part in countries with very low education and life standards, tells me that we're far from seeing the end of it.

Edited by That_Dude

I happen to know a bit about all this and I have to plead to any innocent reader... please please be aware that 98% of what is being spouted in this thread is complete horsesh1t. Genuine nonsense

A lot of people here should have spent less time typing and more time thinking/reading.

What I want to know is why aren't the likes of Ergodan and Khan held to account for stoking tensions and violence with their rhetoric? They're as inflammatory and downright braindead as Donald Trump is, but get a free pass in the press. Is it because we hold them to a lesser standard than "us" i.e. the west?

18 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

What I want to know is why aren't the likes of Ergodan and Khan held to account for stoking tensions and violence with their rhetoric? They're as inflammatory and downright braindead as Donald Trump is, but get a free pass in the press. Is it because we hold them to a lesser standard than "us" i.e. the west?

By Khan I assume you mean Imran not Sadiq?

Does anybody find it odd that no Muslim politicians or terrorists have come out against China and it's treatment of Muslims there? Where are the terrorist attacks in China? Where are the beheadings there? You do wonder why a drawing of some bloke who married a 6 year old when he was 50 seems to stir up more anger with Muslims then actual muslims being sent to concentration camps in China. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

Does anybody find it odd that no Muslim politicians or terrorists have come out against China and it's treatment of Muslims there? Where are the terrorist attacks in China? Where are the beheadings there? You do wonder why a drawing of some bloke who married a 6 year old when he was 50 seems to stir up more anger with Muslims then actual muslims being sent to concentration camps in China. 

The inconsistency of some people's values really is sickening!