Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

I cannot believe what I am reading in the media and hearing on the news. Are they really shocked at the decision.

If he was as good as everyone thought why did we end up in such a dreadful position during the season and how can his behaviour be defended this year.

LCFC are bigger than one person let's move on and grow for the future - as true fans of the club we will all still be hear long after the current owners and mangers to come.

foxes never die

I cannot believe what I am reading in the media and hearing on the news. Are they really shocked at the decision.

If he was as good as everyone thought why did we end up in such a dreadful position during the season and he can his behaviour be defended this year.

LCFC are bigger than one person let's move on and grow for the future - as true fans of the club we will all still be hear long after the current owners and mangers to come.

foxes never die

Haven't seen you much since March.

Not at all, too many are keen to assassinate the man's personality and are desperate to put his achievements down to other factors - even if those two aims end up completely contradicting eachother, it's pretty pathetic to be honest. But yep, you just carry on forcing your little jigsaw pieces together though.

Quite clearly they haven't contradicted each other. I have said "from what I have seen of him"; I am sure that in his personal life he could be quite a nice chap and much of this is conjecture. However, it is undeniable that he has demonstrated the traits that I have listed on numerous occasions. Let's see who he has ostrichised (sorry couldn't resist that one) this season: a prem referee, a prem player, 2 members of the national press,  a City fan, the entire Radio Leicester, Gary Lineker, Marc Albrighton, and that's just off the Top (sorry bad one again) of my head.  

I didn't hear about this absolutely ridiculous/unbelievable decision until I was round my mate's house late yesterday evening. I thought he was April Fools Day-ing me with his "Pearson's been sacked" line - sure, I knew about his son's sacking but not of the great man himself!!! Had this happened in January, February or early March, then everybody would probably have said "thanks for all you've done in your two spells Nige but shed no tears" as we would surely have been preparing for life in the Championship next season under new management, had he been sacked back then - but to sack him after staying up is beyond belief!

More will be revealed over the next few days concerning the reasoning behind this, I'm sure but I can't see this seemingly sudden decision doing us many favours at this juncture! Although the timing could have been worse had it happened with a week or so to go to kick off, even so the timing is still pretty chronic - and considering how we ended last season of course, plus with the promising looking signings so far before next that have surely been Pearson and Steve Walsh's doing.

Haven't seen you much since March.

to be honest with the massive pro Pearson balance on this site I did not feel you could have a really honest debate and discussion. I guess having followed Leicester City for 40 years plus I have seen lots of ups and downs so this does not surprise me and we should move on remember it's LCFC not NPFC

to be honest with the massive pro Pearson balance on this site I did not feel you could have a really honest debate and discussion. I guess having followed Leicester City for 40 years plus I have seen lots of ups and downs so this does not surprise me and we should move on remember it's LCFC not NPFC

Haha pro Pearson on this site?? Do yourself a favour and starting reading topics from last november to March.

It's also not King Power FC, and the fans have the right to be outraged about a rash and ridiculous decision made by the owners.

Nigel was building something special here - anyone could see that. Improvement year on year, building a talented squad with strength in depth, the players and fans 100% behind him. And now we've actually chosen to throw it all away.

The owners have prioritised the club's image in Thailand over the footballing side of things and the wishes of (nearly) all the Leicester City fans.

It's a disgrace. 

Woke up this morning and this is my feeling. Furious.

No doubt the turd leicester fan who am disagreeing with is on here.. But quite frankly i couldnt give a toss... The club the badge everything is bigger than pearson snd the players ... I am sick of everyone wrestling to try and make pearson out to be some kind of god among managers. The facts have been shown by burmesefox .... His son was part of a racist incident you cannot condone racism no matter if its your son... His son was a free lading **** anyway . Onwards snd upwards stop crying webstand a chance of pushing on now asling as the chairman chooses the correct candidate

No doubt the turd leicester fan who am disagreeing with is on here.. But quite frankly i couldnt give a toss... The club the badge everything is bigger than pearson snd the players ... I am sick of everyone wrestling to try and make pearson out to be some kind of god among managers. The facts have been shown by burmesefox .... His son was part of a racist incident you cannot condone racism no matter if its your son... His son was a free lading **** anyway . Onwards snd upwards stop crying webstand a chance of pushing on now asling as the chairman chooses the correct candidate

I agree to an extent, we get the right man in and climb the table, this is all forgotten about, won't change my love for Nigel Pearson though

So you couldn't face he proved you wrong and Pearson bringing us success and improving us as he has every season he's been in charge, and because he upset the owners a little bit? Ultimately, we're football fans and it's what happens on the field that counts, not what the media think of us. This is clearly to stop them damaging their own brand and therefore if it's anything, it's that your looking at it as King Power FC rather than a successful Leicester City under Pearson.

True but without Cambiasso 'managing' on the pitch we were relegated.

A signing under.... Nigel Pearson I believe?

I'm pretty sure their "imaginary friend" isn't the only one who disapproves. 

We don't know the full extent of the situation. Maybe Nigel Pearson was insistent on keeping hold of Hopper, Smith and Pearson Jr and the owners disagreed? Point is, we don't know. 

The owners are also businessman (which, by the way, has more pros than cons). Reputation and integrity means a lot to them. Nigel Pearson may be the best thing that's happened to us in recent years but from a business point of view, the club needed to show that action was being made - the kind of action that was slightly more significant than releasing three reserve players. So, unfortunately for us, Nigel Pearson appears to be collateral damage. Short term disaster to help maintain the long-term sustainability. 

I'll be the judge of that when the replacement is named. I don't think some here appreciate what we've just thrown away.

If he was as good as everyone thought why did we end up in such a dreadful position during the season and how can his behaviour be defended this year.

foxes never die

We ENDED UP 14th.

They're about the only two, maybe Wenger (can you imagine Wenger tackling and choking a player? Hahaha amazing) but even they're at a push.

I really have come around to Nigel and, again, I'm disappointed he's gone but it's not as unbelievable as some are making out and it's not exactly destroyed the owners reputation.

Let's not forget he was one of the leagues longest serving bosses, despite the fact we were abysmal and bottom for most of the season.

so we only back our managers when they're doing poorly

So you couldn't face he proved you wrong and Pearson bringing us success and improving us as he has every season he's been in charge, and because he upset the owners a little bit? Ultimately, we're football fans and it's what happens on the field that counts, not what the media think of us. This is clearly to stop them damaging their own brand and therefore if it's anything, it's that your looking at it as King Power FC rather than a successful Leicester City under Pearson.

A signing under.... Nigel Pearson I believe?

Read my earlier post where I stated that as true fans (because we must all care as we are on here) we will all still be here long after the current owners and managers to come. 

Read my earlier post where I stated that as true fans (because we must all care as we are on here) we will all still be here long after the current owners and managers to come. 

And we'll be here regardless of the players. Let's just not care about any of them regardless of what they achieve, that's the way to enjoy football.

The other week we all pretty much agreed that the three kids had to be sacked. If it is the case that Nige refused to accept such a decision and offered an ultimatum why are the same people now saying it's a disgrace?

Exactly, so I'd rather kick on and continue building a legacy for when Pearson does inevitably pass then sack him off and destabilise the club and players a week before we start up for preseason.

Archived