Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

The QPR game is starting to show an eerie resemblance to the last time we scored 5 goals at home in the Premier League.

That was the 5-2 win against Sunderland back in March 2000.

I class that as the absolute pinnacle of the MON era.  We had just won the League Cup for the second time, it was Collymore's home debut in which he scored a hat trick and the prospect of him and Heskey playing up front together was mouth watering.

Instead Heskey left for Liverpool, then MON ended up at Celtic taking Lennon with him.

That was the last time I felt as gutted as this.

The manchester united game? Doom and gloom abounds then for the next 24 matches.

Come on get a grip FFS this is football, not a major catastrophe of epic proportions, managers come and go Nigel made his bed now he has to lie on it the actions of three young men caused more than consternation in Bangkok.

The Thai's were utterly humiliated by the actions, and if N.P. didn't like what they did to the three, he should have resigned.

these people are Buddhists who more than frown on acts of the nature the three did

Best manager since MON but will be replaced . People really do make a mountain out of a mole hill all the pro oearson will no doubt forget about him if new manager sees us to 10th or above ... Everyone will be sucking him off saying it was the right decision then

Best manager since MON but will be replaced . People really do make a mountain out of a mole hill all the pro oearson will no doubt forget about him if new manager sees us to 10th or above ... Everyone will be sucking him off saying it was the right decision then

And all those anti Pearson will find a way of still blaming when the new manager is failing miserably and gets us relegated.

The manchester united game? Doom and gloom abounds then for the next 24 matches.

Okay there is that.  :thumbup: 

That was also under Pearson so my point still stands.  I didn't want to put as risk our chances of seeing more matches like those.

We may turn out to do a Swansea or Southampton.  No one would be more pleased than me if we do.

I'm a believer in building momentum on top of a stable foundation that's all.

If a sites not pro the best manager we've had since O'Neill, the man who took us from league one and kept us in the premier league... then it's a site full of idiots.

So...... Bentleys Roof then?

And all those anti Pearson will find a way of still blaming when the new manager is failing miserably and gets us relegated.

Guarantee right now that someone will say Pearson didn't build a good enough squad if we're relegated in 12 months. 

Surprised, but not sorry, after his dreadful behaviour last season. He may have stuck up for his dick head son, and upset the board.

Now we move on, and I look forward to an experienced manager, like Big Sam, coming in.

The Pearson Era is over, at last, so let's get behind the new manager.

Onwards and upwards!  :thumbup:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Hold on a minute. Whatever happens this season, no-one will blame Pearson. For me during his time here, he's pushed us in a forward direction, and given us a structure on which to build. Him leaving is not necessarily a catastrophe, providing the correct managerial choice is made.

I'm a part time Roofer, and I'd probably be classed as a Pearsonite on there because as a whole, I think he's done a great job. However, I think it would be massively naive to completely discount the long periods of loss of form that were prevalent during last season and 2 seasons before, the inability to address glaring weaknesses in the team last season (defence) for a long time, and the increasing frequency of his bizarre off field antics. The owners would have been well within their rights to give him the bullet post 2012-2013 season, but stuck with him, and stuck with him again during last season.

None of us are privvy to what goes on behind the scenes, we can only surmise from the bits we see in the media, but his erratic behaviour last season would suggest strongly that any working relationship he had with the owner, could quite possibly have become 'fruity' on occasion. The owners have been good to us, good to the club and good to him. If they've decided it's no longer manageable, then so be it.

LCFC has existed for many many a year without Nigel Pearson, and will continue to do so for many a year onwards. Forwards!

Hey, at least we don't have to listen to Pat Murphy lobbing questions at Pearson at the opening press conference about his knobhead son.

Now that he's gone I think the Thailand farce is truly dead and buried.

Where on earth do you place religion in their decision (aside from the fact that Buddhism isn't a religion anyway)? If it is for non football reasons maybe we should consider that there is a morality about their decision, which is a breathe of fresh air in modern day football. We bemoan players wages, players irresponsible actions, corruption in governing bodies etc. We don't know the reasons for his sacking but lets suppose that as owners they:

1. took offence at him telling a fan to "**** off and die"

2. Saw no benefit on their manager looking like a physco and grabbing McArthur round the throat and not letting go of him.

3. were uneasy seeing NP acting totally weird and telling a journo he was an ostrich. 

4. were uneasy seeing NP marching out of press interview and calling a journo a ****

5. didn't like Thaigate. We don't know where NP stood on this issue but here were three lads as paid guests of the owners in the owners homeland shagging prostitutes and one saying "Lick this you slitty eyed ****er". Then farting in a girls face and saying "eat it, eat it, eat my shit" and another saying "You're 1 out of 10". 

You think that point 5 offends an imaginary friend in the sky? How about the Thai people, the Thai owners, and basic humanity that may be offended by that?

Now it may be that NP has shown the same surly and awkward demeanor with his owners, maybe that is why he has gone - who knows? All I can say is that if that was the reasoning behind their decision then good on them - it means they are regarding conduct as more important than money; a breathe of fresh air in football these days.

Very well said Sir!  :appl:

Surprised, but not sorry, after his dreadful behaviour last season. He may have stuck up for his dick head son, and upset the board.

Now we move on, and I look forward to an experienced manager, like Big Sam, coming in.

The Pearson Era is over, at last, so let's get behind the new manager.

Onwards and upwards! :thumbup::scarf::scarf:

Big Sam said he is not interested

Hold on a minute. Whatever happens this season, no-one will blame Pearson. For me during his time here, he's pushed us in a forward direction, and given us a structure on which to build. Him leaving is not necessarily a catastrophe, providing the correct managerial choice is made.

I'm a part time Roofer, and I'd probably be classed as a Pearsonite on there because as a whole, I think he's done a great job. However, I think it would be massively naive to completely discount the long periods of loss of form that were prevalent during last season and 2 seasons before, the inability to address glaring weaknesses in the team last season (defence) for a long time, and the increasing frequency of his bizarre off field antics. The owners would have been well within their rights to give him the bullet post 2012-2013 season, but stuck with him, and stuck with him again during last season.

None of us are privvy to what goes on behind the scenes, we can only surmise from the bits we see in the media, but his erratic behaviour last season would suggest strongly that any working relationship he had with the owner, could quite possibly have become 'fruity' on occasion. The owners have been good to us, good to the club and good to him. If they've decided it's no longer manageable, then so be it.

LCFC has existed for many many a year without Nigel Pearson, and will continue to do so for many a year onwards. Forwards!

Would you bank on it?

Some would blame Titanic on him if they could.

Excellent post.

I'm pretty shellshocked, really.

This is a major, major disaster. Just when I thought we were on the verge of another golden era that might have rivalled the MON days, this happens. Bloody typical.

I really can't see this season being a good one now. Whoever's appointed has got an uphill battle on their hands from day one. Imagine being given the job of trying to win us over right now. There was a real buzz around the club that has been blown out in one fell swoop. That great positive atmosphere that had been built up should not be taken for granted. There had better be a good reason for tearing that down, and we really need to be told what that reason is. I want specifics, not vague, bullshit weasel words.

Whoever we get will want their own players. This season was meant to be about us stepping it up a notch, now it will be about rebuilding and trying to survive at the same time.

Sure, we could possibly get a big name. Great. We've seen that not long ago and we all remember how well that turned out.

Managers like NP do not come along very often. I want to thank him for all that he's done. I was starting to hope that he might have stayed as long as a Wenger/Ferguson. I should have known it was too good to be true. And it's not just him. Walsh and Shakey will be gone shortly, and their work shouldn't be understated. We have a top notch scouting network currently, but that might well be about to become a thing of the past.

I've got very little faith that the owners will make the right appointment. Who is even available? I've seen Dyche and Southgate mentioned, and I'm going to have to assume that those are someone's idea of a hilarious joke. If we get someone of that calibre, I'm done. I'll spend Saturday afternoons counting iron filings or something. Someone like Allardyce might keep us in the division, but I really would not be thrilled if it's him.

To the few who are anything less than gutted, I feel like I need to warn you to lower your expectations. What reason have you got to believe the next appointment will be a good one?

Brace yourself. This could very easily be the new Sousa/Sven/Tater Peeler era.

Spot on! It's a monumental disaster. Remember McClintock followed Bloomfield and Peter Taylor(!) followed MON. I think relegation is inevitable.

The decision will be justified if a big name comes in.

Big Sam doesn't count. In fact, no one British does, other than MON, who won't come, and Moyes, who won't come either.

That leaves a foreign manager who is unattached. Of those, who will they draw in? Di Matteo, Laudrup, Klopp? I'm banding big names about but then the owners have set this comical chain of events in motion so they'd better have a decent replacement lined up. Only one of those, or similar, will go anywhere in appeasing the general consensus on here that this is one hell of a stupid decision to have gone with in the first place.

Archived