Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Most definitely.

So what if they do?

If he'd stayed there's no guarantee we'd have stayed up just as there's no gaurantee we'd have been successful.

Whatever happens next season, those on either side of the argument will credit or blame depending on the outcome. Either way its just guess work as we'll never now know.

Whats for sure is we're in a good position because of Pearson and for that we should be grateful. Now the dust has settled I'm excited to see who's next and whether or not we can become the success our owners want us to be. Its got to be someone dynamite.

Surely.

Guest MattP

The decision will be justified if a big name comes in.

Why?

Do you think the decision was justified last time because Paulo Sousa came in?

Why have we still got an obsession with 'big names'? Do people just have really bad memories?

People saying the club is bigger than NP, and it is, but I've not read anyone saying that NP is bigger than the club. 

What people are rightly concerned about is the huge amount unknowns now hanging over City. Who'll come in, who'll leave (because there will be other departures), and what mind state will the players been in. 

Its NP's squad, NP's backroom staff, everything was organised his way. He'd built the football side of the club and we were looking well set to go into next season with a good chance of bettering out result last season. Now, quite frankly none of us know how next season will go. 

I hope that the NP detractors are right, and another manager is what we need, because god help us if you're wrong. 

Well said. You have expressed my feelings perfectly. Pearson built this team up.I remember him saying when he retuned from Hull, that the club was in a shambles. If we now get someone with little organisational ability, it will all unravel again.

What a crying shame. Pearson was a very deep and intelligent person, very unlike most managers.   

Best manager since MON but will be replaced . People really do make a mountain out of a mole hill all the pro oearson will no doubt forget about him if new manager sees us to 10th or above ... Everyone will be sucking him off saying it was the right decision then

It's literally impossible to forget about him, even if we finished top 4. Whatever we achieve season will be ultimately down to the foundation Nige left, he's resurrected us from the ashes 

The QPR game is starting to show an eerie resemblance to the last time we scored 5 goals at home in the Premier League.

That was the 5-2 win against Sunderland back in March 2000.

I class that as the absolute pinnacle of the MON era.  We had just won the League Cup for the second time, it was Collymore's home debut in which he scored a hat trick, and the prospect of him and Heskey playing up front together was mouth watering.

Instead Heskey left for Liverpool, then MON ended up at Celtic taking Lennon with him.

That was the last time I felt as gutted as this (when things seemed to be going so well I mean).

Didn't we score 5 at home in September 2014 against Man U? i might be wrong...

Haven't read any previous postings, still well depressed over the news.

For the first time in over 40 years (since the Bloomfield days) I felt I could at last approach a season in the top flight in a relaxed manner with real optimism for a successful year or ten. High hopes of seeing out my days watching City at the top. Even under MON, we were always a bit hit and miss, no real consistency in terms of quality performances. Now I expect a real fight again, just hope that at least two of the three promoted sides plus one other struggle.

Sacking NP for seemingly non football related reasons seems unbelievably harsh. All this talk about respecting Thai culture etc. clearly doesn't work the other way. NP is an outspoken man, but has always conducted himself perfectly when abroad. He is not a Yes man, but the Thais have shown him no respect or understanding and summarily dismissed him. Given no valid reason. I think their stock will have fallen with many fans.

Certainly from my point of view they have lost all my respect and support (I know they wont give a cuss), but this was also the general consensus in the pub last night. Obviously, I will keep going home and away, but I really loved the NP years and for him to get the boot when he himself appears to have done nothing wrong is shameful.

Why?

Do you think the decision was justified last time because Paulo Sousa came in?

Why have we still got an obsession with 'big names'? Do people just have really bad memories?

If the owners want a top ten finish, that is sustainable, a big name is needed.

Sousa wasn't a big name, Sven was, but he was managing in a league he had no clue about.

To push on to the next level, a big name is needed who knows this league and the players in it.. Otherwise, no point in removing Pearson in the first place.

Sousa wasn't a big name, Sven was, but he was managing in a league he had no clue about.

To push on to the next level, a big name is needed who knows this league and the players in it.. Otherwise, no point in removing Pearson in the first place.

You mean former superstars of world football such as Garry Monk and Brendan Rodgers currently in the top ten?

Sousa was chosen precisely because of his appeal as a former international footballer. If you're genuinely wowed by the idea of a big name manager, you're a fvcking yokel.

Not sure if anyone has brought this up on this thread but it's been suggested that he was reinstated in February purely for financial reasons.

Is it possible that there was a clause in his contract meaning that sacking him now would have been much cheaper for the owners than doing it any earlier?

You don't need a 'big name', you need a good manager, simple as that.

I think it probably has more to do with something like honour, merchandising or reputation than religion to be fair.

Why is it to do with religion?

True, but the honour would be to do with their religion given Buddhism is quite honour based. Either way it's come from utter stupidity.

Yes.

Where on earth do you place religion in their decision (aside from the fact that Buddhism isn't a religion anyway)? If it is for non football reasons maybe we should consider that there is a morality about their decision, which is a breathe of fresh air in modern day football. We bemoan players wages, players irresponsible actions, corruption in governing bodies etc. We don't know the reasons for his sacking but lets suppose that as owners they:

1. took offence at him telling a fan to "**** off and die"

2. Saw no benefit on their manager looking like a physco and grabbing McArthur round the throat and not letting go of him.

3. were uneasy seeing NP acting totally weird and telling a journo he was an ostrich. 

4. were uneasy seeing NP marching out of press interview and calling a journo a ****

5. didn't like Thaigate. We don't know where NP stood on this issue but here were three lads as paid guests of the owners in the owners homeland shagging prostitutes and one saying "Lick this you slitty eyed ****er". Then farting in a girls face and saying "eat it, eat it, eat my shit" and another saying "You're 1 out of 10". 

You think that point 5 offends an imaginary friend in the sky? How about the Thai people, the Thai owners, and basic humanity that may be offended by that?

Now it may be that NP has shown the same surly and awkward demeanor with his owners, maybe that is why he has gone - who knows? All I can say is that if that was the reasoning behind their decision then good on them - it means they are regarding conduct as more important than money; a breathe of fresh air in football these days.

I'm pretty sure their "imaginary friend" isn't the only one who disapproves. 

We don't know the full extent of the situation. Maybe Nigel Pearson was insistent on keeping hold of Hopper, Smith and Pearson Jr and the owners disagreed? Point is, we don't know. 

The owners are also businessman (which, by the way, has more pros than cons). Reputation and integrity means a lot to them. Nigel Pearson may be the best thing that's happened to us in recent years but from a business point of view, the club needed to show that action was being made - the kind of action that was slightly more significant than releasing three reserve players. So, unfortunately for us, Nigel Pearson appears to be collateral damage. Short term disaster to help maintain the long-term sustainability. 

FOADgate - Blew over.

Stranglegate - Blew over.

Ostrichgate - Blew over.

Prozgate was all but blown over until the players were sacked, and, given a successful outing this year our reputation as a club would have been squeaky clean in a sport full of wrong doing. Other things would take the spotlight. These things pass.

The following from the Beeb article says it all for me:

"Religion is very important to the Srivaddhanaprabha family and observers have often see Buddhist monks in and around the players area after a home match - as guests of the owners.

"So clearly integrity and humility are important issues and that something like this happened on the 'goodwill tour' of their homeland would be very hard for them to accept."

I think Pearson's actions, perhaps with a measure of stubbornness when confronted about them wouldn't have sat well with the owners, from an integrity and humility perspective in light of their Buddhist beliefs.

Listen, if you want to be religious, by all means. Go ahead and believe what you want. It isn't for me or anyone else to tell people what to believe. However, when it gets in the way of other things, that's where I have the problem.

Our reputation will have been fine. This has been blown out of all proportion for me, and will be to the detriment of the club's future.

Not sure if anyone has brought this up on this thread but it's been suggested that he was reinstated in February purely for financial reasons.

Is it possible that there was a clause in his contract meaning that sacking him now would have been much cheaper for the owners than doing it any earlier?

It's possible that yesterday marked a cut off point in his contract, only 2 years left and if he got paid off £1million per part of year remaining, then it would have cost £3m in feb, but now only £2m, but that doesn't really stack up, as the money involved in staying in the prem is huge compared to the compensation cost of sacking a manager.

The Thais would not be worried about losing a few quid if they thought we could turn it round and survive, maybe they didn't, maybe they had already resigned themselves to the fact we would get relegated and thought it would be easier and cheaper to sack him once we are down, rather than scrabbling around looking for a manager in the last few months of the season.

Maybe they then changed their and surviving gave Pearson a reprieve, but then his son fvcked a Thai whore, got sacked, Nigel got the hump and they thought fvck it, we can't cope with another season of this shit.

We will never know...

Yes.

FOADgate - Blew over.

Stranglegate - Blew over.

Ostrichgate - Blew over.

Prozgate was all but blown over until the players were sacked, and, given a successful outing this year our reputation as a club would have been squeaky clean in a sport full of wrong doing. Other things would take the spotlight. These things pass.

The following from the Beeb article says it all for me:

"Religion is very important to the Srivaddhanaprabha family and observers have often see Buddhist monks in and around the players area after a home match - as guests of the owners.

"So clearly integrity and humility are important issues and that something like this happened on the 'goodwill tour' of their homeland would be very hard for them to accept."

I think Pearson's actions, perhaps with a measure of stubbornness when confronted about them wouldn't have sat well with the owners, from an integrity and humility perspective in light of their Buddhist beliefs.

Listen, if you want to be religious, by all means. Go ahead and believe what you want. It isn't for me or anyone else to tell people what to believe. However, when it gets in the way of other things, that's where I have the problem.

Our reputation will have been fine. This has been blown out of all proportion for me, and will be to the detriment of the club's future.

They didn't blow over, they brought up almost constantly by the press, and the first incident next season would have brought everything up again, you also forgot Pr*ckgate, and the relationship with Radio Leicester, trying to build a community club and can't even talk to the local radio.

Speaking of which anyone heard from Stringer?

Can't wait to see what the new manager can do with players who were capable of that, plus a decent warchest to bring in who he wants.

Exciting times at LCFC!

Like turning up to a funeral and saying, "He was a bit of a cvnt, though, wasn't he? Happy days."

I don't know if you're trolling or just naive. If you're sincere, you really should prepare yourself for the worst. It's a long way down from where you are to where there's a good chance we'll be this season.

Sure, we could do a Soton sacking Adkins, but we already know what it's like when the current owners try to replace NP, so why on Earth would anyone think it's going to be drastically different this time?

Whoever we get has got the unenviable task of winning over a dejected squad and a perplexed mob of fans right from the off.

To me, this has got Sousa/Sven/Taylor repeat written all over it. I just hope it's not quite that bad and we can stay in the division for a bit longer.

Exciting times?

It was the most exciting times I can remember as a City fan up until last night. Now it's the standard worrying, get-used-to-failing times we were all used to for years before, until the owners can prove they haven't just fvcked the whole thing up again.

You don't need a 'big name', you need a good manager, simple as that.

Who has a good relationship with the owners.

You can have the best manager in the world but if he doesn't have a good relationship with the owners then it is not going to work.

They didn't blow over, they brought up almost constantly by the press, and the first incident next season would have brought everything up again, you also forgot Pr*ckgate, and the relationship with Radio Leicester, trying to build a community club and can't even talk to the local radio.

Speaking of which anyone heard from Stringer?

Okay so they were given a couple of column inches every time something controversial happened. I wouldn't say that had any impact on our club's overarching reputation. Over the past few weeks have we really felt the need to be apologising, as fans of the club, for last year's events? Of course not. We were proud of our achievements and were looking forward to a successful season.

Guest MattP

Arsene_Wenger-arri_1492329i.jpg

Why do people expect a full reason for the sacking from the club?

For all you know Pearson could have be coked up, fcuking the shit out the club receptionist on Top's desk. If that was the case, he prob wouldn't want it out in the public domain either.

It will stay internal, just get on with it.

my view is that the owners decided that pearson was too hot for them to handle.  they couldnt cope with his unpredcitability. they have a brand to think about as well as the football club. you may well not want to hear that but the two go hand in hand. without the KP brand, the owners would not have the money to have bankrolled our club over the past 6 years. yes, they made mistakes in hindsight. i suspect sven would have been a decent manager in the prem but the championship is an awful league to manage in.  i imagine sousa would do a decent job with the squad we now have but trying to play footbal with the one he inherited was a disaster. we are in the PL. we have a decent squad. if we make a good appointment and spend a few quid, we may well have a bright future. getting out of the championship is a very tough job. surviving the first season in the prem with a championship team (pretty well) is almost a miracle. with the experience these biys now have and a few more quality additions, a good mamager should be able to keep us up and even make good progress. its not the the beginning of the end, its the end of the beginning ??  be positive (and hope they dont screw up with the appointment) 

Guest MattP

Like turning up to a funeral and saying, "He was a bit of a cvnt, though, wasn't he? Happy days."

I don't know if you're trolling or just naive. If you're sincere, you really should prepare yourself for the worst. It's a long way down from where you are to where there's a good chance we'll be this season.

Sure, we could do a Soton sacking Adkins, but we already know what it's like when the current owners try to replace NP, so why on Earth would anyone think it's going to be drastically different this time?

Whoever we get has got the unenviable task of winning over a dejected squad and a perplexed mob of fans right from the off.

To me, this has got Sousa/Sven/Taylor repeat written all over it. I just hope it's not quite that bad and we can stay in the division for a bit longer.

Exciting times?

It was the most exciting times I can remember as a City fan up until last night. Now it's the standard worrying, get-used-to-failing times we were all used to for years before, until the owners can prove they haven't just fvcked the whole thing up again.

This is a great post. The optimism from a few I could probably understand if we had just been taken over again by people we knew had been there before and brought huge success to a football club previously.

But these guys have already tried this route and they royally fcuked it up, it didn't just go wrong, it went as wrong as it could have, and now we've decided that's the way to go again, excited? You should be shitting yourself if these two are back in the market for a manager again, the non Pearson appointments they have made so far have been comical.

Why do people expect a full reason for the sacking from the club?

For all you know Pearson could have be coked up, fcuking the shit out the club receptionist on Top's desk. If that was the case, he prob wouldn't want it out in the public domain either.

It will stay internal, just get on with it.

Still wouldn't sack him

Archived