Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

It's one we're certainly at risk of following at the minute. Sack a successful manager because he isn't universally loved/due to off the field incidents, and fail to have anyone lined up to replace him. Well, the Thai's have done the first bit...

I'm not sure who you are referring to in that post? Hughton got them promoted had a good spell in charge in the top flight, popular with the fans, got sacked, Pardew was lined up to replace him, and got them a top 4 finish, so maybe it is not a bad idea after all.

If you are talking about Pardew he wasn't sacked he was poached by Crystal Palace, they should have sacked him, and if they had done they may have had someone lined up and not have to finish the season with Carver.

At the moment we don't know what would have happened next season under Pearson, we were all hoping for a good season, but it may not have materialised, we could have ended up bottom by Christmas, again and there could have been further public spats, or we could have ended up in the top 6, nobody knows.

Let's judge things on what does happen, Pearson has been sacked, and nobody knows the full reason why apart from Nige and the owners, what we do is we are going into a crucial season and we need the fans united behind whoever is in charge, and not fighting the owners.

As noble as that is, it won't make a blind bit of difference. There's no way they'll go back on their decision now.

And no way Nigel would accept his job back, his position is untenable, sadly, so we have to move on and not piss about with petitions and protests.

The reality of the matter is none of us truly know what has happened that has ultimately led to the sacking of Nigel Pearson. What we do know is that the Thais are big on image and standing, we also know that Nige has had a few 'misdemeanors' in the past.

However, surely anyone can see that what he/we did in that last 9 games was near on impossible, indeed some would say we should not have been in that position in the first place, but this whole season was a learning person, can these naysayers not see that Pearson was in the process of learning what it takes to manage a successful Premier League team?

I believe this was a dangerous knee-jerk reaction by the Thais, and from it my knee-jerk reaction is that they have made a huge mistake. Many of the players played for Pearson, and as has been confirmed it was Pearson's phone calls that got our new signings to sign on the dotted line. This man has drive, ambition and a will to win, he will be a great manager elsewhere and we will no doubt be meeting up with Mr Pearson before long.

Our owners have been excellent (barring the Sven era), they have backed us when we have needed it, got us out of the sh!t when we have needed it, not taken any decisions away from the manager and have generally made the right decisions when required. This is why I cannot understand this decision, if this had been made back in January / February I am sure it would have been generally accepted that this was the right decision (in hindsight we can see that this would most likely have been the wrong decision). We are now 5 weeks from the start of a new season and the owners have decided that now is the time to part ways with a manager that helped us win 7 out of the last 9 games, gaining the most points in the entire league during this period.

All of this being said, we now face a new era in Leicester's history and we as fans have a duty to stick by OUR team. At the Sunderland game we don't want a toxic atmosphere (a la Newcastle last season), we all need to get behind the TEAM and the new manager, whoever that may be. We need to make sure we show the team that we still support them, regardless of manager.

In conclusion, Pearson was the best manager we have had since MON and we will miss him, but we need to look to the next chapter. FOXES NEVER QUIT!

Where on earth do you place religion in their decision (aside from the fact that Buddhism isn't a religion anyway)? If it is for non football reasons maybe we should consider that there is a morality about their decision, which is a breathe of fresh air in modern day football. We bemoan players wages, players irresponsible actions, corruption in governing bodies etc. We don't know the reasons for his sacking but lets suppose that as owners they:

1. took offence at him telling a fan to "**** off and die"

2. Saw no benefit on their manager looking like a physco and grabbing McArthur round the throat and not letting go of him.

3. were uneasy seeing NP acting totally weird and telling a journo he was an ostrich.

4. were uneasy seeing NP marching out of press interview and calling a journo a ****

5. didn't like Thaigate. We don't know where NP stood on this issue but here were three lads as paid guests of the owners in the owners homeland shagging prostitutes and one saying "Lick this you slitty eyed ****er". Then farting in a girls face and saying "eat it, eat it, eat my shit" and another saying "You're 1 out of 10".

You think that point 5 offends an imaginary friend in the sky? How about the Thai people, the Thai owners, and basic humanity that may be offended by that?

Now it may be that NP has shown the same surly and awkward demeanor with his owners, maybe that is why he has gone - who knows? All I can say is that if that was the reasoning behind their decision then good on them - it means they are regarding conduct as more important than money; a breathe of fresh air in football these days.

Very well said

One comment needed... 7+1 = 8

tumbleweed moment right there

Pearson is the best manager by far we've had since I've been a fan. (No I'm not including Martin O'God because my first match was opening day 2001).

Thanks for the memories, Nige.

Ha I remember that one like it was yesterday. What an introduction.

People talk of the end to the season but in the majority of the matches played before said miricle run we played some good football and didn't get the results we deserved. Spurs at home and Liverpool away to mention 2 of many we deserved a lot more than we got

What about the previous 29? It was a miraculous finish but it wasn't all pearson! I'm gutted he's gone but we still have the same players with a years experience and 3 new additions.

If we don't strengthen our squad we're in for another year of struggle. Our success next season will be determined on the players we bring in. 

Guest MattP

Can't wait to see what the new manager can do with players who were capable of that, plus a decent warchest to bring in who he wants.

Exciting times at LCFC!

Serious Deja Vu, mid table side, hugely successful manager has just left, we are armed with a warchest and we're going to a new level the old manager could never take us too!

Exciting times ahead!

_862423_ade300.jpg

This thread is making me feel sick. So many ungrateful people out there that don't give Pearson the credit and respect that he deserves. If Pearson and his achievements aren't good enough for these fans then who and what is? I'm truly baffled.

Pearson was painting the sistine chapel here, and now we have got a half painted roof which will be completed by Picasso. It won't be a work of art, it will be a mess that doesn't look right.

People saying the club is bigger than NP, and it is, but I've not read anyone saying that NP is bigger than the club. 

What people are rightly concerned about is the huge amount unknowns now hanging over City. Who'll come in, who'll leave (because there will be other departures), and what mind state will the players been in. 

Its NP's squad, NP's backroom staff, everything was organised his way. He'd built the football side of the club and we were looking well set to go into next season with a good chance of bettering out result last season. Now, quite frankly none of us know how next season will go. 

I hope that the NP detractors are right, and another manager is what we need, because god help us if you're wrong. 

The QPR game is starting to show an eerie resemblance to the last time we scored 5 goals at home in the Premier League.

That was the 5-2 win against Sunderland back in March 2000.

I class that as the absolute pinnacle of the MON era.  We had just won the League Cup for the second time, it was Collymore's home debut in which he scored a hat trick, and the prospect of him and Heskey playing up front together was mouth watering.

Instead Heskey left for Liverpool, then MON ended up at Celtic taking Lennon with him.

That was the last time I felt as gutted as this (when things seemed to be going so well I mean).

Archived