Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

So why was Pearson favourite to be the first Premier League manager to get the sack for the last two or three weeks when Pearson was so good and had done so well with second best form rating in the Premier League over the last ten games.

Why, it's all because the betting companies know nothing, of course!

I am guessing because someone knew the story about Thailand and James and how Nigel handled it and knew tht it left the owners with no choice. Just a guess.

5/1 to 1/10 is plummeting.

2/1 to 10/11 isn't.

Why do they have to be out of work?

Because name a manager in the PL that will leave their current club for us that is acceptable to the Fans?  Ok, name one who is working.  But remember they have to quit  AND WE HAVE TO PAY COMPENSATION TO THEIR CLUB TO GET THEM RELEASED.  None of that is going to happen.

Why do fans set themselves up for disappointment.  There is absolutely no chance that Klopp is taking this Job.  He can get any job in Football.  He is not taking this or any mid tier team in the world.

It's not setting up for disappointment cos I don't for one second expect it would happen but there is no harm in enquiring. They may have already done so and got a straight no.

The owners talk about grand plans, well now it's time to show some ambition rather than just talking the talk

Re: Celtic's record in the CL - am I mistaken or didn't they go through a period of 30+ away games without a win? I know he got the odd decent result at home and got out of the group stages at one point, but I don't recall his Celtic team being described as anything other than brave losers most of the time (and there were some similar standard teams in their groups, they weren't just playing Barcelona and Bayern every week).

I really hope it's not Lennon as I think it's a backwards step. However, as a former playing legend I hope that if it is him he gets a decent honeymoon period to prove most of us wrong without the fans on his back after a few games if we're struggling.

Because name a manager in the PL that will leave their current club for us that is acceptable to the Fans?  Ok, name one who is working.  But remember they have to quit  AND WE HAVE TO PAY COMPENSATION TO THEIR CLUB TO GET THEM RELEASED.  None of that is going to happen.

So, we've never appointed a manager that's under contract with another club? 

honestly? i cannot think of one out of work i would want. i honestly cant. within work i am struggling too but i would love martinez but cant see him coming out of villa. i would take rogers too! haha

Martinez at Everton you mean, Sherwood is at Villa and We have zero chance of Rodgers.  My point exactly.  Everyone carrying on like a pork chop about all those they don't want, but no one with a realistic alternative.

The owners are on a hiding to none with the fans as their is no one as a manager that is available.  We are not , getting a Mourinho, a Wenger etc. The sooner the fans get that we are getting a manaer that doesn't have a winning record in the PL, or La Liga, or Bundersleague etc the better for everyone.

To say the owners need to use their imagination to pluck a superstar manager is just a reason to have a greater bitch after the event when they do sign someone.

The only manager that could fit the bill that is available is Guus Huddink and I just can't see that happening.  He has dedicated himself to International managing for years.

I can't say I'll be over the moon if Lennon is appointed, but I'll certainly get behind him.

When names like Lennon and Cotterill are banded about, it sobers you up to the difference between our own perceived attractiveness as a club and the stark reality - until we're an established Premier League club, we may have to pick from up-and-coming managers from lower leagues.

On the talk of odds though, I'm not holding my breath. Until I see a statement from Bolton, or movement from us to talk to Lennon, I'll keep my deluded brain fixed on people like Klopp. 

its really really unrealistic but is it not worth offering klopp like 10 million pounds and selling him our ambitious plan to him and say get us in top 6 within 3 seasons.

Can we move on from Klopp please it's getting embarrasing. If he was at all motivated by money he wouldn't have stayed at Dortmund for 7 years. 

If it is Lennon, give the bloke a chance for fook sake! People writing him off, before anything has happened. At Celtic he won the league (yes not that impressive) but also managed his team to some incredibly inspiring champions league performances with resources that were a fraction of the teams they were matching up with. He also made some screwed signings in his time at Celtic- in the form of players like; Wanyama, Izaguirre, and Forster- for very minimal fees. At Bolton he took over a team in complete free fall, with no confidence and with a very angry and hostile fan base and managed to turn there season around and get comfortable survival- once again with the help of some.. this time uninspiring but clever January transfers. He might not be our new manager, but if he is don't shoot him down before he has even started!

Really shocked at the amount of kids on here who were obviously in nappies or testicles in the 90's

Lenny gave his all

I think it's a big ask , but the owners don't want to pay proper wages and are looking a value option

Lenny is the best value option out there

He can keep us up

So, we've never appointed a manager that's under contract with another club? 

I don't believe so, not for at least 30 years if ever.  If I am wrong tell me?  Maybe it was Levine?

Can we move on from Klopp please it's getting embarrasing. If he was at all motivated by money he wouldn't have stayed at Dortmund for 7 years.

Fecking sense , your talking sense

The chatter about Klopp had me wondering was the water in town spiked with LSD

I don't believe so, not for at least 30 years if ever.  If I am wrong tell me?  Maybe it was Levine?

Pearson, Holloway, Levein, Adams was a manager when he joined as number 2, Martin Allen also.

Been loads.

Martinez at Everton you mean, Sherwood is at Villa and We have zero chance of Rodgers.  My point exactly.  Everyone carrying on like a pork chop about all those they don't want, but no one with a realistic alternative.

The owners are on a hiding to none with the fans as their is no one as a manager that is available.  We are not , getting a Mourinho, a Wenger etc. The sooner the fans get that we are getting a manaer that doesn't have a winning record in the PL, or La Liga, or Bundersleague etc the better for everyone.

To say the owners need to use their imagination to pluck a superstar manager is just a reason to have a greater bitch after the event when they do sign someone.

The only manager that could fit the bill that is available is Guus Huddink and I just can't see that happening.  He has dedicated himself to International managing for years.

yeah why the hell did i put villa? i meant everton! my mistake. 

huddink needs money though. worries me about the financial future. 

I can't say I'll be over the moon if Lennon is appointed, but I'll certainly get behind him.

When names like Lennon and Cotterill are banded about, it sobers you up to the difference between our own perceived attractiveness as a club and the stark reality - until we're an established Premier League club, we may have to pick from up-and-coming managers from lower leagues.

On the talk of odds though, I'm not holding my breath. Until I see a statement from Bolton, or movement from us to talk to Lennon, I'll keep my deluded brain fixed on people like Klopp. 

There's a Gentlemen's agreement in place between Phil Gartside (Bolton Chairman) and Neil Lennon that allows him to leave the club (Compensation of £500k) should a Premier League Club approach him

Pearson, Holloway, Levein, Adams was a manager when he joined as number 2, Martin Allen also.

Been loads.

And how many of them were winners and had the fans in a frenzy of excitement? Who would you like as a realistic choice? 

As i remember. MON was long odds on to replace sven, then hughes clark etc. Nige wasnt in picture till hours before it was revealed, so maybe top has a rabbit to pull before the fat lady warbles her final song

As i remember. MON was long odds on to replace sven, then hughes clark etc. Nige wasnt in picture till hours before it was revealed, so maybe top has a rabbit to pull before the fat lady warbles her final song

Top and his Thai syndicate will be trolling the oddschecker sites before laying a huge amount of money on Neil Warnock

Archived