Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

evens on PP and 11/10 on Betvictor and WH. It may just be a money move. i think someone has lumped on the 7/4 hills were offering and they have slashed it down and the market has reacted.

still i got £20 at 6/4 so cant moan. 

Before I get shot down, I know it's "only in Scotland" but hasn't Lennon guided celtic to a champions league last 16, and has a a few decent results in that competition under his belt.

While on the face of it it may be an underwhelming appointment he's done some time. Spent some time with some coaches around the world and I'd like to think that he has some love for our club in his heart.

The more I think about it, that more I'm warming to the idea of him coming here. Plus if he was appointed I'd hope his first transfer would be a move for van djik (or whatever his name his)

In my heart I'd want us to appoint a manager to take us on a level or 2, but my head says we've been a premier league club for 1 season.

That being said, sitting down a taking in the proposition of Lennon becoming our new manager my head and heart are almost agreed

no shooting down but celtic are almost given a cl draw place by finishing top year after year. An example od

Sacking Nigel for Lennon just wouldn't make sense. It's got to be Allardyce or Moyes surely?

Sacking Nigel just didn't make sense, but they did it.

no shooting down but celtic are almost given a cl draw place by finishing top year after year. An example od

to complete. Garry hooper was banging in goals galore, only to have a reality check back at norwich who were relegated that season if memory serves correctly. SPN is poor league in my opinion

Where's all this 'potency' coming from with allardyce then?

It's all very well saying what I've already said, that he's a solid manager, but how would he suit US? He wouldn't, obviously.

This isn't damage limitation, last season we finished strongly, we should be attempting the 'fun' bit now.

"Now" I imagine there is utter turmoil. And as for our strong finish, much the same group of players had severely bad patch. It's not at all obvious to me that Allardyce would suddenly jettison a tactical approach that has worked so consistently and effectively. Quite the contrary - he's usually made the best of what he's got to me. But by all means convince me there are brilliant "attacking" managers out there just itching to take the Leicester reins and with sufficiently credibility to keep the curent squad united . I don't see many in the bookmakers' list.      

Remember when we sang Megson for Bolton all those years ago? This is more or less a repeat the other way round.

jesus your profile pic i forgot how big bambas lump was! 

what i am hoping is happening here is they are reading these topics and spotted we are mentioning him a lot and scaring us. 

How are our owners, who clearly don't have the footballing know-how, going to come to a decision when we as fans don't even know what we want!

Sam Allardyce would be a solid short-term manager and would likely keep us in the Prem, but I think his brand of football is too defensive for our attacking team and he would really hamper our style. I think Jurgen Klopp or Guus Hiddink would be dream appointments, although they are pretty unlikely. For me, Lennon is a decent choice, I think he'd get the backing of the players and the fans (eventually) and I think he'd show a better style of football than Allardyce. The only problem with Lenny is his lack of experience managing in this league, but at one time every single current manager has been inexperienced, when do you give a guy a break?!

Let's try something different and not go for the marquee Sven-type appointment *shudders*

Whoever it is we have to make sure we're behind them 100% come the 8th August (assuming they've been appointed by then!)

as ive alluded to in another thread, maybe they do have a footballing know how in the brain and knowlege of EC to call upon. Given that it looks like he.like Ozaki was an owners signing. I would love to see EC in a high profile role here. And he hasnt gone yet has he?

if the exchanges are odds on, they know something. he is our next manager. 

No they don't!

All the chat and rumours are pointing to Lennon. But rumours are all they are.

People are looking at rumours, chucking a few quid on at 2/1 because they think they can make some money.

The bookies are shortening the odds to make sure they don't lose a packet.

If they knew something, you'd be looking at 1/10, not around evens.

Anyone remember the odds on Sherwood going to QPR? Again, all based on rumour.

Nobody knows anything.

No they don't!

All the chat and rumours are pointing to Lennon. But rumours are all they are.

People are looking at rumours, chucking a few quid on at 2/1 because they think they can make some money.

The bookies are shortening the odds to make sure they don't lose a packet.

If they knew something, you'd be looking at 1/10, not around evens.

Anyone remember the odds on Sherwood going to QPR? Again, all based on rumour.

Nobody knows anything.

sherwood wasn't rumour. he spoke to them. he was saw with the owner and then he turned them down for money reasons. if the exchanges are going odds on, someone is in the know. 

Loved Lenny a a player but as a manager, just no. If the Thais think that appointing a Leicester legend will appease the fans then they're in for a shock here as I can't imagine many fans want him here as a manager.

sherwood wasn't rumour. he spoke to them. he was saw with the owner and then he turned them down for money reasons. if the exchanges are going odds on, someone is in the know. 

No they don't!!!! The media would be reporting that we'dmade an approach or are talking to him. This hasn't happened.

If they knew, the betting would be suspended. Bookies aren't stupid.

Archived