Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

I'd rather go for it and have an approach put down instantly than just pick up a poverty manager like Lennon or Steve fvcking Clarke who can barely cut it in the Championship, yet alone a league above where all mistakes are punished. Klopp has stated an interest in managing in England, and also for a team outside the European elite.

Ok, that may be the likes of West Ham, Everton and Stoke over us, but if we had ambition of top 10 finishes after sacking Pearson it's that calibre of manager we should be aiming for, just surviving under Big Sam or Lennon won't cut it I'm afraid, we could do that Pearson. Moyes or Klopp would be my top choices.

Spot on. It would be helpful if the owners were to reiterate their ambitions for the club...but doubt it will happen

Neil Lennon 
Latest Odds:
The Leicester legend is currently slumming it in the Championship with deeply indebtedBolton and everyone assumes he would leap at the chance to lead his former side in the Premier League. INdeed, the market has moved for him since opening, having traded at 8.00he is now in to 3.00. Lennon played 169 games for the Foxes between 1996 and 2000, winning a pair of League Cups, during the last Leicester City golden era and he has hardly damaged his managerial credentials since going into that sphere. The Northern Irishman's four year stint as Celtic manager yielded plenty of domestic success, but the high point was arguably a 1-0 defeat of Barcelona in the Champions League. 
Verdict: The very plausible early favourite, and still a bit of juice in the price if you are convinced...

Sam Allardyce 
Latest Odds:
Have Big Sam's batteries got enough juice for another managerial job yet? This is what he said after leaving West Ham on the final day of the Premier League season: "It's time to have that break. I'm looking to have a break, recharge the batteries and when the batteries are recharged you are better prepared to carry on doing the job at this level. 
That suggests the big man is ready for a big stint in his no doubt very big chair. But he did add the dreaded 'never say never' rider so who knows? 
Allardyce offers direction and plenty of top-flight knowhow but there are doubts here...
Verdict: Easy to see why the market hasn't written him off

Sean Dyche
Latest Odds:
Nearly did something quite wonderful with Burnley last season but wasn't able to squeeze wins out when they were needed and it was back to The Championship for the Lancashire side. Is that going to be enough to sway the owners to take a chance on Dyche? Doubtful. 
Verdict: Not convinced I'm afraid

Roberto Di Matteo 
Latest Odds: 
If the owners are after a bit of high-class European glamourwith knowledge of the English game then Bobby DM will walk into the role. In truth a little of the gloss has worn off Di Matteo's immaculate coat since the undoubted high of lifting the Champions League with Chelsea in 2012. He was sacked by the Blues, and then resigned from his most recent job atSchalke after failing to get the German side into next season's Champions League. 
Verdict: A lively outsider if the owners look beyond the British and Irish contingent

Steve Cotterill 
Latest Odds:
The much-travelled Cotterill is fifth favourite thanks to his sterling work at Bristol City who won the 2014-15 League One title with a 99 point total, losing just five games all season. The 50-year-old doesn't have loads of experience at the highest level, however, with a spell as assistant to Howard Wilkinson during Sunderland's miserable 2002-03 Premiership relegation campaign his sole time in the top-flight. That will surely mitigate against Cotterill and it's easy to see the Foxes hierarchy moving for a bigger name
Verdict: In a word, unlikely

Martin O'Neill 
Latest Odds:
While Lennon was doing the business on the pitch, O'Neill was masterminding from the sidelines. The Northern Irishman swapped Filbert Street for Celtic Park in 2000 for a similarly golden spell, including a first European final for the Hoops since 1970. Fortunes successivelydeclined after that with Aston Villa and then Sunderland. Currently managing the Republic of Ireland in their very competitive Euro 2016 qualification campaign and it's tough to envisage him leaving them in the lurch. 
Verdict: The romantic's choice but there are barriers to an O'Neill return

Note: Not entirely convinced by the early prices on Ian Holloway (10/1 for a Premier League comeback!) and Guus Hiddink so have left them off this briefing!

Stay in touch with all the Premier League betting news athttps://betting.betfair.com/football/

He's not on any list/odds but I'd be going after Tony Pulis and making him an offer he can't refuse.

The majority here think Allardyce would be a backwards step because he'd be playing worse football than Pearson and achieving a similar finish, how is Pulis not even worse than that? His idea of a big summer signing would be Lambert from Liverpool and some more defenders for his 7 man defence

Spot on. It would be helpful if the owners were to reiterate their ambitions for the club...but doubt it will happen

But they have. Our current squad plus Fuchs, Huth and Okazaki arent screaming out that our goal is european football next season are they? I am not saying they are bad signings but that with the expectation that we will finish about where we did last season.

But they have. Our current squad plus Fuchs, Huth and Okazaki arent screaming out that our goal is european football next season are they? I am not saying they are bad signings but that with the expectation that we will finish about where we did last season.

So an experienced and very fitting PL defender, an experienced Champion's League LB/LWB and a highly rated Japanese upgrade on Nugent's role, before the window even opened with us looking at the voted breakthrough Ligue 1 player of the season and resigning Cambiasso isn't ambitious? We had a squad that was building with a great spirit and adding a real spine of quality. How is sacking the manager a day before preseason ambitious?! It's the total opposite, we'll now be behind a couple weeks and it's currently favourite to be a manager from either a League One or from a shite Championship team. This is the very antithesis of ambition. It's top drawer regression at the moment and without at least Allardyce, Moyes or Klopp we will be most likely going back to where we were pre-Pearson.

So an experienced and very fitting PL defender, an experienced Champion's League LB/LWB and a highly rated Japanese upgrade on Nugent's role, before the window even opened with us looking at the voted breakthrough Ligue 1 player of the season and resigning Cambiasso isn't ambitious? We had a squad that was building with a great spirit and adding a real spine of quality. How is sacking the manager a day before preseason ambitious?! It's the total opposite, we'll now be behind a couple weeks and it's currently favourite to be a manager from either a League One or from a shite Championship team. This is the very antithesis of ambition. It's top drawer regression at the moment and without at least Allardyce, Moyes or Klopp we will be most likely going back to where we were pre-Pearson.

Never truer word said!!!

Kind of proved my point. Has Cambiasso or the other guy signed? If we had offered a package they both couldn't turn down then we would be showing ambition, like you say sacking our manager the day before pre season starts doesn't scream ambition.

Don't get me wrong, if we get Klopp I will be ecstatic but it's not happening.

Can somebody bang a grand on Klopp so everybody thinks he's going to be the gaffer. Not to say Lennon definitely won't get it but as Scouse says, a gradual decline in the odds just means that people are betting on him as he's currently the favourite.

He's not on any list/odds but I'd be going after Tony Pulis and making him an offer he can't refuse.

No, no, no, a thousand times absolutely no fvcking way.

We might as well just go and watch the egg chasers and be done with it.

not many good realistic targets to choose from , i would like Moyes or Big Sam but cant see them coming to us. I think it will be out of Lennon or Di Matteo , Lennon would be a big risk and Di Matteo would be the wrong man for the job imo . 

am i the only one who didnt like big sams way of playing? especially at west ham. jesus it was dull. 

Archived