Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

Why are people saying allardyce would suit the players? If you watched any of our games last season surely you can see that's total rubbish.

He's a solid enough manager but considering we're totally based on pace and attacking flair a defensive, hoofball style would be an absolute disaster for us, as we saw many times last season before Pearson decided to throw caution to the wind near the end.

Leicester will make a move for Neil Lennon in the next few days. Rudkin is heavily involved as he didn't like Pearson and likes Lennon, Lennon fancies the job so see it getting wrapped up pretty quickly.

you heard it here first.

If they've binned Pearson and don't get someone top notch in then this will become an almighty farce. The only marginally decent shout of the humdrum candidates is Allardyce. But we need better to push us on. Lennon would be a joke. Great player and decent bloke, but not the man for us.

If the Thai's have made a moral stand with Pearson and truly want to see us as a European challenging club then they need to seriously dust off their wallets and make a top manager an offer he can't refuse. Anything less will be the sort of statement of intent none of us want to see.

Why are people saying allardyce would suit the players? If you watched any of our games last season surely you can see that's total rubbish.

He's a solid enough manager but considering we're totally based on pace and attacking flair a defensive, hoofball style would be an absolute disaster for us, as we saw many times last season before Pearson decided to throw caution to the wind near the end.

A key to our survival was stopping the defence leaking goals while having sufficient potency to score when going forward. Somehow we found the solution and I don't see that Allardyce would change that.

We've got some solid defenders and he'd ensure that continued. No it's not my instinctive style but that's the way it is and was and we need a replacement manager quickly - someone who might mirror the notion of a "safe pair of hands".

To suggest Allardyce would be a "disaster" is anything but the truth.

Allardyce knows the Premiership backwards and how to survive at that level. And right now that's where we are. Intent on surviving. The fun bit comes later and might have started this season had Pearson not been so naive as to lose his job.

For me, a new appointment needs to be made swiftly. I don't think Lennon's the answer but if he's the choice - and I suspect he is because our owners surely wouldn't have acted without having a replacement lined up - then I hope I'm wrong.   

And if Rudkin's been influential then, while he's always seemed a bit more of a politician/administrator than a football brain, that impression has been gleaned from a distance and there's no doubt that, where the Academy's concerned, he's had significant success thanks, in part, to the drive of Steve Beaglehole.

For all that though, the embarrassment in Thailand hardly painted the best picture of our Academy in terms of preparation!    

I would love an imaginative, attack-minded manager and have always flown that flag. I just don't see anyone who fits the bill being likely to come here at this stage and in the next five minutes. 

The list of potential candidates shows what the world of football and the media think of LCFC - A championship team.

The Owners need to rise above this if they want to achieve their stated objectives of being a comfortable or better top ten club.

Many doubted that Pearson even with his record was not the manager to get us to that level and keep us there and yet most of those linked have achieved nothing like what he has.

Simply put they need someone with a better pedigree than Pearson

Lennon would be a complete disaster, he's yet to prove anything other than achievements in a mockery league, and a below average season with Bolton. Like many have said the owners waffle on about Europe and top ten finishes, well chaps if you want that you'll have to pull of a sensational appointment.

Before I get shot down, I know it's "only in Scotland" but hasn't Lennon guided celtic to a champions league last 16, and has a a few decent results in that competition under his belt.

While on the face of it it may be an underwhelming appointment he's done some time. Spent some time with some coaches around the world and I'd like to think that he has some love for our club in his heart.

The more I think about it, that more I'm warming to the idea of him coming here. Plus if he was appointed I'd hope his first transfer would be a move for van djik (or whatever his name his)

In my heart I'd want us to appoint a manager to take us on a level or 2, but my head says we've been a premier league club for 1 season.

That being said, sitting down a taking in the proposition of Lennon becoming our new manager my head and heart are almost agreed

A key to our survival was stopping the defence leaking goals while having sufficient potency to score when going forward. Somehow we found the solution and I don't see that Allardyce would change that.

We've got some solid defenders and he'd ensure that continued. No it's not my instinctive style but that's the way it is and was and we need a replacement manager quickly - someone who might mirror the notion of a "safe pair of hands".

To suggest Allardyce would be a "disaster" is anything but the truth.

Allardyce knows the Premiership backwards and how to survive at that level. And right now that's where we are. Intent on surviving. The fun bit comes later and might have started this season had Pearson not been so naive as to lose his job.

For me, a new appointment needs to be made swiftly. I don't think Lennon's the answer but if he's the choice - and I suspect he is because our owners surely wouldn't have acted without having a replacement lined up - then I hope I'm wrong.

Where's all this 'potency' coming from with allardyce then?

It's all very well saying what I've already said, that he's a solid manager, but how would he suit US? He wouldn't, obviously.

This isn't damage limitation, last season we finished strongly, we should be attempting the 'fun' bit now.

I believe none of the obvious 5 or 6 'bookies favourites' will get the job, especially Lennon with no Premier league experience. I'm hoping the owners will 'buyout' a current premier league manager, unlikely to be from top 6 clubs, but everyone has a price. Any other option is a major risk which I suspect they will not take 

Andrew Neville still keeps in touch with MON and a few of the players from that time so Lennon really wouldn't be surprising. On the other hand, it hardly shows a great deal of ambition and his mouth has got him far greater trouble than Pearson's ever has, I would have thought he was too divisive for the Thais

This isn't damage limitation, last season we finished strongly, we should be attempting the 'fun' bit now.

Well it is now, players are reporting back, transfer window is open and we're managerless. We're a fecking shambles and if a situation ever called for a safe pair of hands and damage limitation, it's this one.

How are our owners, who clearly don't have the footballing know-how, going to come to a decision when we as fans don't even know what we want!

Sam Allardyce would be a solid short-term manager and would likely keep us in the Prem, but I think his brand of football is too defensive for our attacking team and he would really hamper our style. I think Jurgen Klopp or Guus Hiddink would be dream appointments, although they are pretty unlikely. For me, Lennon is a decent choice, I think he'd get the backing of the players and the fans (eventually) and I think he'd show a better style of football than Allardyce. The only problem with Lenny is his lack of experience managing in this league, but at one time every single current manager has been inexperienced, when do you give a guy a break?!

Let's try something different and not go for the marquee Sven-type appointment *shudders*

Whoever it is we have to make sure we're behind them 100% come the 8th August (assuming they've been appointed by then!)

Lennon is like a grenade with the pin out. If the Thai's thought Pearson was a bit too 'dangerous' they should use the gift of YouTube to check out Neil's exploits.

Laudrup or Allardyce for me. Hopefully someone better and not a donkey, unless he's a clip Klopp.

I honestly thought we would push on this season with the team and Pearson having last seasons experiance under their belt.

With tweaking a few positions like lb rb and cm we would have the makings of a decent team knowing that the majority of players now working together with the 352 system was starting to gel.

Unless we get a more top class manager (which I hope I'm wrong but we won't) then big Sam is a safe option, but uninspiring.

The rest of this manager "list" shouldn't even get a look in.

The work Pearson has built needs to be added to not ripped apart

The set up at the club was only on the way up, the back room setting was top notch with Shakespeare and Walsh doing their jobs well.

It's a shame this work will now potentially be undone.

The Thais may have made a rash decision here letting Pearson go, and one that I think will be hard to replace.

Andrew Neville has his tongue well and truly up Lennon's ring piece. As I've said, he spouted off that we wanted him back in 2013 and that's what bothers me here. Him and Rudkin will be heavily involved in who gets the gig. The Thai's worry me with who they place their trust in recruiting a new manager.

I'm holding on to the fact that the current managers being linked is all driven by the media and little real info but Lennon will be considered purely based on Rudkin and Neville's love in.

Archived