Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

So why was Pearson favourite to be the first Premier League manager to get the sack for the last two or three weeks when Pearson was so good and had done so well with second best form rating in the Premier League over the last ten games.

Why, it's all because the betting companies know nothing, of course!

Lennon has history with us.

No way he should replace np but I hope he will be a bit like Mon when he first came here.

For a split second, I read "Mon" as "Moon" there, and thought that we might be appointing Keith Moon (late Who drummer) as manager.

He'd be as good an appointment as some mentioned, as would the Reverend Sun Myung Moon.

seems to be lennon's to lose now I'm hearing. as much as i loved him as a player i do not rate him as a manger in any sense. he won the SPL....with celtic...not hard really. He beat Barcelona is the only string i can see in his bow. he is untested in the premier league. he hasn't worked miracles with Bolton. How can we even be thinking about hiring him? we should be looking for premier league tried and tested and sparing no expense to stay in this league and push on if that's what the owners want and make ourselves a worldwide brand (which will make them richer.) Only name that springs to mind is big sam and i can't stand him! there is no one on this list i would want! 

So name a manager with Premier League experience who doesn't have a job that you would accept?  Anyone please? 

Everyone said that when Pearson's odds plummeted.

5/1 to 1/10 is plummeting.

2/1 to 10/11 isn't.

So name a manager with Premier League experience who doesn't have a job that you would accept?  Anyone please? 

Why do they have to be out of work?

If they've binned Pearson and don't get someone top notch in then this will become an almighty farce. The only marginally decent shout of the humdrum candidates is Allardyce. But we need better to push us on. Lennon would be a joke. Great player and decent bloke, but not the man for us.

If the Thai's have made a moral stand with Pearson and truly want to see us as a European challenging club then they need to seriously dust off their wallets and make a top manager an offer he can't refuse. Anything less will be the sort of statement of intent none of us want to see.

Who do you want?  reasonably who of note and PL success will take the job who isn't employed.  I love all this if they don't get a recognise super coach, but I ask who is acceptable that will take the job? 

Not one available manager is going to get acceptance from the fans.

By the way the same group of fans who wanted Nigel gone in January are the ones going apoplectic about him being sacked! 

honestly? i cannot think of one out of work i would want. i honestly cant. within work i am struggling too but i would love martinez but cant see him coming out of villa. i would take rogers too! haha

If he was our manager it'd be 1/10 or suspended. Just look at Tuesday when Pearson left. There was no gradual 2/1 into 6/4 into 11/10 then touching odds on. That type of market move is just balancing the book due to bets being placed.

Bookies knew nige was off, he went 5/1--->1/10. Bookies get bets placed on Lennon, so he goes 2/1--->6/4---->1/1 etc.

Spot on and VC bet laid a whopper so they will be balancing , a few have laid 4 figure bets today from contacts in gAme , it's knowledge money for sure but know banker inside knowledge I SUSOECT as like you say would be shut shop already

It would be ludicrous to replace Pearson with Lennon, and yes he will either take us down or get sacked for Allardyce (if still available) before Xmas, but its a bit harsh criticising his poverty Bolton side considering Freedman signed many of them and theyre about 200 million quid in the hole. Not as if he had much to work with in January, and he did take over a dreadful side bottom of the table and steer them to comfortable safety.

Spot on and VC bet laid a whopper so they will be balancing , a few have laid 4 figure bets today from contacts in gAme , it's knowledge money for sure but know banker inside knowledge I SUSOECT as like you say would be shut shop already

this. 

nothing goes 5/1 to 1/10. i will go and dig out the history and you will spot it goes down over the space of hours. usually overnight. i think on my twitter i still have the pic of the odds shifitng for moyes on that bank holiday monday evening. he went 5/1-1/3 in 8 hours and i had every step. 

I don't tend to look at the bookmakers odds, more the betting exchanges - it's where the real money is and has a bearing on market movement.

There has only been £4825 (which is f**k all in what bookies take) exchanged on Betfair and if the bookies have taken a serious hit, this is where they generally look to lay off their serious wagers (there hasn't been any on this market).

Not sure if noticed as most people seem to be fixating on Lennon's odds, but Hiddink has just been cut from 78/5 (around 16/1) to 19/2 (9.5/1).  

Just saying, that's the odds I'd be looking at rather than the others.

Everyone said that when Pearson's odds plummeted.

A gradual decline is nothing worth reading into, the market will soon rise again if SSN start gossiping about another randomer.

Although, I'm with the bookies here, I have a feeling it'll be Lennon.

If Lennon gets the gig everyone can forget about our 'amazing' owners. They should just watch a few vids of his finest moments - makes Pearson look like a saint.

This would be an absolute joke and a disaster.

And it says our owners know sod all about football and have way less ambition than we thought. Championship here we come.

If it is Lennon, give the bloke a chance for fook sake! People writing him off, before anything has happened. At Celtic he won the league (yes not that impressive) but also managed his team to some incredibly inspiring champions league performances with resources that were a fraction of the teams they were matching up with. He also made some screwed signings in his time at Celtic- in the form of players like; Wanyama, Izaguirre, and Forster- for very minimal fees. At Bolton he took over a team in complete free fall, with no confidence and with a very angry and hostile fan base and managed to turn there season around and get comfortable survival- once again with the help of some.. this time uninspiring but clever January transfers. He might not be our new manager, but if he is don't shoot him down before he has even started!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-open-exciting-premier-5852161

I know it's a pipe dream but you'd like to think if anyone sat the club saw that article, they'd at least make contact with Klopp. I know he wants a break but if you don't ask, you don't get

Why do fans set themselves up for disappointment.  There is absolutely no chance that Klopp is taking this Job.  He can get any job in Football.  He is not taking this or any mid tier team in the world. 

I thought Lennon would walk into a Premier League job after Celtic. He did a very good job there. It is a Mickey Mouse league but his record in Europe was good and so were his transfers. He inherited an absolute mess at Bolton, not dissimilar to the one Sven left here, only Bolton were flirting with relegation. I think we can do a lot better, but putting him in the same league as Cotterill is laughable.

Archived