Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

So its a comparison like compare the market then? Any chance of someone else answering the question with a random linl please and no explanation...

This could be fun if the puns are anything to go by

Betfair/Betdaq (Betting exchanges) isn't a bookies, it's an exchange for punters to either back or lay a selection of bets.

It would be like me taking a bet off you and paying out the liability.

Just checked oddschecker (23.31)) and only 4 bookies are giving odds. No PP, WH etc. Is this a technical issue or should we read something into this?

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Bookies probably suspend the markets at night.

The bookies know nothing of any consequence.

As soon as info is available, the odds on someone will tumble to odds on quite quickly as the money staked by people who actually know something will be far larger than those who think they know something. If the club are as secretive as they would like to be, the markets may not even get a chance to react before they are closed.

Guest MattP

What are the current odds on Lennon?

As short as 7/4 with Skybet but as long as 11/4 with Bet365.

Interesting stuff in the Racing Post, no manager who has ever been odds on and drifted out to 7/4 or beyond has ever ended up being appointed, if that continues it rules Hiddink out.

The conclusion I am taking from the betting is that the bookies know about as much as us who the new manager will be.

Allardyce has said he isn't interested, Lennon and Ranieri have said they are, that's absolutely everything we've heard, no word of negotiations, of a shortlist being determined or anything else. It's all uneasily quiet.

To be pedantic, we don't know Sam isn't and we don't know Lennon is... the only person in the world to comment on it is Ranieri.

Paddy Power offering 500/1 on An Ostrich.

If we all stick a couple of quid on we'll have it down to 10/1 by the end of the day.

be worth a laugh

why don't you post it as a thread - see if between us we can get it down to 5-1 by the end of the day

Is this unusual? In terms of nobody REALLY having any idea.  I ask honestly, as I haven't really followed appointments as closely as this one before.

If it is unusual for nobody to really know anything - what does this mean? Is it the board are doing nothing? (I doubt this)

Or is it the board are managing to keep it under wraps - if this is the case what is thinking behind it??

Or maybe the board have been thwarted with every target - because if that is the case that it is going to make, making an appointment virtually impossible - who is going to want a job that many have turned down????

The longer it goes on though, the more next season will be handicapped before it's even started!

Is this unusual? In terms of nobody REALLY having any idea. I ask honestly, as I haven't really followed appointments as closely as this one before.

If it is unusual for nobody to really know anything - what does this mean? Is it the board are doing nothing? (I doubt this)

Or is it the board are managing to keep it under wraps - if this is the case what is thinking behind it??

Or maybe the board have been thwarted with every target - because if that is the case that it is going to make, making an appointment virtually impossible - who is going to want a job that many have turned down????

The longer it goes on though, the more next season will be handicapped before it's even started!

This exactly. It's okay thinking "they're taking their time" but the closer the season rolls in the deeper our ship will sink. Time is not something you get an abundance of in the PL. if we start behind he won't catch up, miracles don't happen twice.

I was hoping they'd be more prepared than this. After sacking Pearson, briefly, in February you'd think they'd be clued up on exactly who they'd want to replace him should he go. It's becoming more and more apparent that this isn't the case and that they are currently drawing up a list from scratch.

Rob Dorsett said it's a 5-man panel picking the manager. This worries me because I only want football people making decisions like this, not business people, but other than Rudkin I think who else the other four may be. 

Archived