Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

Di Matteo a huge no no from me.

Muddled his way to a Champions League trophy when given a start from the SF places.

He's then been sacked from Chelsea, West Brom and Schalke.

He's done nothing to say he's earned a chance of becoming our manager.

I honestly think the owners will realise what a mistake they have made, and bring Nigel back. The comprensation figure is yet to be agreed, and who knows, maybe Nigel has apolgoised. I'm going to stick a couple of quid on the 100-1 for Nigel to come back! 

I honestly think the owners will realise what a mistake they have made, and bring Nigel back. The comprensation figure is yet to be agreed, and who knows, maybe Nigel has apolgoised. I'm going to stick a couple of quid on the 100-1 for Nigel to come back! 

id love to agree with you hear as if you want something bad you start making up your own scenarios lol

Mine was nigel was becoming a bit big for his own boots and thinking he ran the whole club and wanted to have the final say on the thai scandal and refusing okazaki coming. 

so top and vichai thought they would sack him just to let him now whos the real boss then reinstate him a couple of weeks later lol

Alas though i think lcfc and nigel are done forever ...........................unless we get new owners lol

id love to agree with you hear as if you want something bad you start making up your own scenarios lol

Mine was nigel was becoming a bit big for his own boots and thinking he ran the whole club and wanted to have the final say on the thai scandal and refusing okazaki coming. 

so top and vichai thought they would sack him just to let him now whos the real boss then reinstate him a couple of weeks later lol

Alas though i think lcfc and nigel are done forever ...........................unless we get new owners lol

don't even joke about it! Nothing would surprise me anymore after recent events  :huh:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11640736/West-Ham-refuse-to-give-up-hope-on-appointing-Jurgen-Klopp.html

when you consider how open the comms were when west ham were appointing a new manager, makes you wonder how / why there is such silence re us.

edit - however unlikely, Klopp seems a perfect fit for us keeping spirits high and keeping the existing team when you read about how he works

Having finally come to terms with the shock of last week's news, I would be pleased with Sam Allardyce out of the favourites on that list.  I think he was unfairly criticised during his tenure at West Ham.

Pretty sure he has already ruled himself out, he wants a break from football.

Leicester: Lessons to learn from West Ham, Norwich and Swansea
Vincenzo Montella left Fiorentina shortly after the conclusion of the 2014/15 campaign

Kevin Phillips, Mick McCarthy and Vincenzo Montella should be on Leicester's managerial shortlist, if they follow their predecessors...

•  

Though not held in quite as high regard as Laudrup as a player, Montella was beloved, and his career on the bench has consisted of three relatively brief but accomplished stints (Roma, Catania, Fiorentina). As was the case for Swansea with the Dane, he is unattached too."

Michael Lintorn

Published:

07 July 2015

Nigel Pearson's sacking encouraged us to look at every past example of a promoted Premier League club separating from the manager who brought them to big time the following summer, revealing that three of the four survived once more under the new boss.

Now, we're going to take things further by recalling the successors chosen by the relegation-dodging trio and why they appealed, and suggesting which Leicester job contenders fit those profiles...

Harry Redknapp (West Ham) - The appointment from within

The first ever Premier League newcomers to reshuffle their dugout deck a year after going up were West Ham, who promoted Billy Bonds' deputy Harry Redknapp. Were Leicester to try something similar, their options would include Pearson's assistants Craig Shakespeare at 32.00 and Steve Walsh (no, not that one) at 70.00 or assistant first-team coach Kevin Phillips at 32.00.

Unlike Redknapp at Bournemouth, none of those have prior managerial experience to strengthen their claims, but Phillips would have the strongest claims as someone who has played for the Foxes.

The equivalent candidate: Kevin Phillips @ 32.00

Chris Hughton (Norwich) - The steady hand

When Norwich needed to replace Paul Lambert, who dragged them from League One to the Premier League, the same ascent that Pearson oversaw at Leicester, they pursued a fairly safe appointment, someone who had been there before and been pretty solid everywhere that he had been.

Hughton had got a side promoted from the Championship, helped them settle into the Premier League's mid-section and led a wounded squad to the second-tier play-offs just before getting the call from Norwich.

Mick McCarthy ticks those boxes and comes complete with two decades more coaching knowhow than Hughton had back then. He has steered Sunderland and Wolves into the top flight, keeping the latter there, and guided Ipswich to sixth - their highest finish in a decade - last term.

The equivalent candidate: Mick McCarthy @ 75.00

Michael Laudrup (Swansea) - Famous foreign former footballer

Swansea's approach was surprising given that it contradicted many of their celebrated selections before, as they took advantage of their new-found fame to seduce a legendary former player.

There was talk of Leicester doing the same with another Real Madrid alumnus in Esteban Cambiasso, who excelled on pitch at the King Power Stadium in 2014/15, at 40.00. However, the difference between the pair is that Laudrup had already made managerial inroads, with (fleeting) success at Brondby and Getafe.

Montella is the most comparable of the retired greats because, though not held in quite as high regard as Laudrup as a player, he was beloved, and his career on the bench has consisted of three relatively brief but accomplished stints (Roma, Catania, Fiorentina). As was the case for Swansea with the Dane, he is unattached too.

The equivalent candidate: Vincenzo Montella @ 70.00

https://betting.betfair.com/football/premier-league/leicester-city/next-leicester-manager-betting-three-logical-candidates-070715-39.html?

Having finally come to terms with the shock of last week's news, I would be pleased with Sam Allardyce out of the favourites on that list.  I think he was unfairly criticised during his tenure at West Ham.

He might do decent job, but I don't think I could cope with interview answers every week that are needlessly longer than War and Peace because he says the same stuff over and over using different words each time, but saying the same thing. And his incessant use of "Barclays Premier League" gets on my tits too.

Archived