Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Players back for fitness assessments and training.

Ranieri Oversees First Session in Austria

Posted: Tue 14 Jul 2015 

Author: Leicester City

The City squad took a step closer to match readiness on Tuesday morning, as the work at their pre-season training camp in Austria continued...
- New Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri observes training in Austria 

- Foxes squad step up preparation with 11v11 training game 

- Liam Moore joins first session after his summer break

The City squad took a step closer to match readiness on Tuesday morning, as the work at their pre-season training camp in Austria continued.

Under the watchful eye of new manager Claudio Ranieri, the players took to their second morning in Bad Radkersburg with all the verve and vigour you would expect from a group with a new boss to impress. 

Having only arrived in the camp on Monday, Claudio took an introductory look over proceedings as the Club's existing coaching staff continued to deliver a carefully planned training programme that will maximise the week away. 

Liam Moore was the latest member of the squad to join up on Monday night and the England Under-21 international was quickly into the swing of things. 

image: http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/training-4-3-am2z4658280-2546320.jpg

training-4-3-am2z4658280-2546320.jpg

After a thorough warm-up led by Head of Fitness and Conditioning Matt Reeves, Liam did some individual work on his first session while the rest of the squad joined Kevin Phillips for an advanced finishing session. That provided a solid workout for the goalkeepers, who had already been hard at it following some demanding resistance work and potentiation with Mike Stowell. 

It was then over to the full-size pitch, where Craig Shakespeare initiated an 11v11 run-out in warm conditions, giving the squad a chance to really open up and find their rhythm, a week away from the summer's first pre-season friendly at Lincoln City. 

The morning session ended with an upper body circuit put on by Strength and Conditioning coach Mitch Willis and ice baths before the familiar cycle back to the hotel for lunch. 

image: http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/training-4-3-am2z4607280-2546319.jpg

training-4-3-am2z4607280-2546319.jpg

Moore's return leaves only captain Wes Morgan to join up with the group once he concludes Gold Cup duty with Jamaica, adding further depth to a fully fit squad. 

Most members of the squad are expected to see some action at Sincil Bank next Tuesday, as the countdown to the Barclays Premier League opener against Sunderland on 8 August really gathers pace. 

Stay logged on to lcfc.com and Foxes Player HD for exclusive content from this week’s Austria training camp.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/ranieri-oversees-first-session-in-austria-2546357.aspx#UlRykskI5DTHCGcb.99

Interesting to Walsh close to Ranieri most of the time, no Shakey though.

He's mentioned in the OS report in the next post. taking the 11x11 session.

I think Liam Moore looks like he has trimmed down quite a bit.

I've always thought Moore is a good player.

I hope he proves his many doubters wrong.

Regarding his trimming down. .yes he has. I have it on good authority.

The sign of a kid who wants to make an impression.

I think Liam Moore looks like he has trimmed down quite a bit.

I hope we are talking about weight loss..

I've always thought Moore is a good player.

I hope he proves his many doubters wrong.

Regarding his trimming down. .yes he has. I have it on good authority.

The sign of a kid who wants to make an impression.

I really hope we are talking about weight loss...

About 1 minute in someone says "marc" presume its Albrighton which is good news!

Why is it good news?

He's a member of the first team squad, so of course he's there. I didn't think that was ever in any doubt?

Archived