Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Martin O'Neill

Been reading through this thread and others, either most are young and don't know the history of Leicester,

or the ones that do remember don't!

To write some utter bull about a manager they have never experienced Ever! Clueless

Well said Oadby! 

With the Club? I take it you are not a Leicester fan then! journalist do your own homework :)

Sorry, what the hell does that mean?  I have been a Leicester fan, probably before you were even thought of! That article says nothing about him wanting the job now.

No disrespect intended to our Australian followers

You idiot. You made a statement saying he is quoted as saying he wanted the job, you knob, he didn't, just got interviewed about his time here in the past.  It is moronic fans like you that make ridiculous statements about all things LCFC.

For those talking about him bringing Roy......

I'll always remember when Clive Clarke had his heart attack at Forest - Roy said that the event was good news for him as it detracted from media focus on his teams performance and then went on to say in his biography that he was surprised Clive could have a heart attack as he never played like he had a heart at all.

Clive responded post retirement, talking on Keane and his management style saying that as an adult and a professional footballer the half time team talks which involved throwing chairs at dressing room walls and screaming at players wasn't really a style that motivated him.

I'd feel sick if he came to the club in any circumstances other than to be placed in some stocks outside the stadium as a deterrent to children from behaving like he has to other human beings.

Not that my opinion is worth that much but there is no way on earth I would be happy if Keane came to this club in any capacity.

The owners have made this a family club and the likes of Keane do not portray that image. The guy is a liability. 

Not only is Keane not for this club, this club is not for the likes of Keane.

Martin O'Neil? (Not my first choice but needs must and all that) I'd welcome back

Keane? - Absolutely abhorrent human being - stay the fvck away!

No to O'Neill, even without Keane

At this stage of his career I don't think he could take the criticism that goes with the job and the expectation would be for him to improve on Pearson' s achievements which I'm not convinced he would manage now

A flounce out the door or sacking mid season wouldn't surprise me at all if we made this appointment and sooner than that if Keane came too

Why ask a stupid question in the first place! read between the lines! Ha yeah I wish I was as young as you! tell me who scored the second goal in the 1964 league cup final against chelski? Mother F-cker

There's nothing between the lines, that article is just an interview from six years ago reminiscing about his time here, at no point does he say he'd go back.

Why ask a stupid question in the first place! read between the lines! Ha yeah I wish I was as young as you! tell me who scored the second goal in the 1964 league cup final against chelski? Mother F-cker

What an absolutely pathetic thing to say, especially when the article you're being so arrogant about is plainly from his Villa years and makes no mention of a return, in fact: "But as JF Kennedy once said, the torch passes on. It's up to someone else. But I loved it there. I had five of the best years of my life there" is very clear use of the past tense, as in where you seem stuck.

For those doubting if MON still has what it takes wanting Keane as his No2 confirms the worries. Of course could just be the media covering their arses with Keane being set up as a stumbling block if they get it wrong AGAIN.

Not one quote. Looks like speculation. But admittedly, there's every possibility that MON will ask that Keane is part of his team.

Having looked at when Clive was under Keane, that was the season they were at the foot of the CCC, and he managed to get them to win the league, Clive was sent out on loan. I'm not arguing for his appointment btw or trying to justify Keane's ignorant comments.

I'm not sure the Yin and Yang approach to management is what we need, though arguably we probably had that combo in Pearson...  lol

If NP left for none footballing reasons that suggests there is nothing much wrong with the infrastructure of the club so surely keeping things as much as they are looks to be the way forward. Hopefully the likes of Shaky, Walsh snr are on really good long term contracts with high buy out clauses. Surely bringing in a manager who disrupts things as little as possible has got to be a major part in the decision, adding RK will be a big no no.

Not one quote. Looks like speculation. But admittedly, there's every possibility that MON will ask that Keane is part of his team.

Having looked at when Clive was under Keane, that was the season they were at the foot of the CCC, and he managed to get them to win the league, Clive was sent out on loan. I'm not arguing for his appointment btw or trying to justify Keane's ignorant comments.

I'm not sure the Yin and Yang approach to management is what we need, though arguably we probably had that combo in Pearson...  lol

Sorry buddy but Keane is neither Yin or Yang he's just a horrible disappointing excuse for a human being.

After the Sunderland debacle, MON's stock has fallen considerably not helped by the struggling Irish side and he's now seen as out of touch and winding his career down. I'd put him in the Curbishley/McLeish bracket now and I don't think realistically he would be considered for Premier League jobs anymore. What I'm saying is, we are his best chance of a last hurrah in his career, and I cannot see him wanting to begin again at a Championship side. And the chance of taking over a club in the summer where you can influence things and bring in your own players should be appealing to him. But the biggest plus is the chance of going back to a football club where he is clearly wanted by the owners despite turning them down in the past and to a football club where he will always be loved and adored by the supporters. I think he would be our best option to galvanize the players and carry on the foundations Nigel Pearson put into place. The press seem to be suggesting the FAI won't stand in his way-  If he doesn't come back, I reckon his career is over.

Archived