Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Martin O'Neill

Neville: "So, today's the day! The return of our saviour!"

Rudkin: "Yes... There's only one slight problem..."

Neville: "What's that?"

Rudkin: "He says he'll only sign the contract if the squad is still the same as the one he had before"

Neville (spluttering): "But that's ridiculous! They're all about 50 now!"

Rudkin: "We might be okay. I have a plan..."

MON: "Hi Jon! Hi Andrew! How are you fellas? Long time no see!"

Rudkin: "Yeah, we're good thanks Martin. Look, we've got the contract here for you."

MON: "Oh, we'll get to that. First things first though, I want to see my boys again. It's been too long."

Neville (flustered): "Erm..."

Rudkin: "No problem Martin, right this way."

---

[On the training ground, the players are lined up in a 3-5-2 formation wearing ill-fitting Fox Leisure shirts from the late 90s. Albrighton is stood on the wrong wing, Huth has been ordered to shave his head and wear a kilt, Drinkwater is wearing a ginger wig and Schlupp is stood up front wearing platform shoes.]

MON: "My boys! How are you lads?"

[Rudkin gestures to the players]

Drinkwater (nervously): "Top o' the mornin' to ye, Martin, to be sure, to be sure"

MON: "Lenny! Just the two whiskeys before training this morning I hope!"

Drinkwater: "Och aye Martin..."

[Rudkin hurriedly ushers O'Neill on]

Rudkin: "You remember the big man?"

MON: "Of course! Tags! How are ye lad?"

Wasyl: "Tags good."

MON: "Good lad Gerry!"

Neville: "Now, where's this contract?"

[Two men stride over with a microphone]

Rudkin: "Oh f**k"

Ian Stringer: "Hello Martin, quick word for BBC Radio Leicester?"

[O'Neill stares at Stringer's tall, bald accomplice, then over at his back three on the training pitch. Huth shifts uncomfortably.]

MON: "Erm, Jon..."

Rudkin (panicked): "Yes Martin?"

MON: "Why the f**k is Spencer Prior working for Radio Leicester?"

Not claiming to be an ITK by any means, I usually hear all my info from Sky Sports way after everyone else has heard it, however.................

Make of this what you will, but I've had it confirmed by my girlfriend and the team that work at her restaurant, that MON and his wife were in having a meal on Saturday night.

Not sure if anyone else has had any sightings, as I haven't trawled through the thread, but this is firm evidence that he was in Leicestershire on Saturday night.

My interpretation of this is that he must have at least had a meeting / interview for the job on Saturday or Sunday.

Lets hope this saga is nearing some sort of conclusion.

Not claiming to be an ITK by any means, I usually hear all my info from Sky Sports way after everyone else has heard it, however.................

Make of this what you will, but I've had it confirmed by my girlfriend and the team that work at her restaurant, that MON and his wife were in having a meal on Saturday night.

Not sure if anyone else has had any sightings, as I haven't trawled through the thread, but this is firm evidence that he was in Leicestershire on Saturday night.

My interpretation of this is that he must have at least had a meeting / interview for the job on Saturday or Sunday.

Yeah I'd imagine this did happen. If he comes i hope Keane doesn't follow

Bloody hope so

This whole saga needs sorting out positively

I really can't see this happening. No way would o'neill walk out on Ireland whilst they have a chance of qualifying. apparently, we won't allow him to job share so unless we relent (until such point as they cannot qualify), I don't see him coming back.

if we want a safe pair of hands, we should relen. If we want a scary ride, we should go for bielsa.

Hum...they want to keep everything hush hush that is clear by the events of the last couple of weeks. No info leaking from anywhere and MON just turns up at a random restaurant in leicester? Don't think he or the club would be that stupid somehow when they have made such an effort to keep everything under cover.

Hum...they want to keep everything hush hush that is clear by the events of the last couple of weeks. No info leaking from anywhere and MON just turns up at a random restaurant in leicester? Don't think he or the club would be that stupid somehow when they have made such an effort to keep everything under cover.

Well everybody has to be somewhere...and eat somewhere. Oh and they have to get there, unless they are zoomed in somehow.

The likely hood of nobody being around is pretty remote...

Well everybody has to be somewhere...and eat somewhere. Oh and they have to get there, unless they are zoomed in somehow.

The likely hood of nobody being around is pretty remote...

Really? You think with all the speculation that was flying around Friday and Saturday MON is going to think to his self erm...where shall I eat out tonight? I know...Leicester! This after if he was sounded out for the job the club would have made sure he was aware nothing must get out regarding whatever was actually going on. Come on now

Wouldn't he have needed official FAI approval to meet us?  Otherwise it would be classed as tapping up?

Genuine question.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fai-in-no-rush-to-give-martin-oneill-a-new-deal-31371302.html

Irish Independent seem to think the FAI are still confident he isn't going anywhere.

But in no rush to offer him a new deal.  That means his current one expires in a few games (if they don't qualify).

If I was him I would want a new deal with Ireland or I would seriously consider other offers.

At the end of the day he'll want job security, and right now at Ireland that seems to be running out.

Really? You think with all the speculation that was flying around Friday and Saturday MON is going to think to his self erm...where shall I eat out tonight? I know...Leicester! This after if he was sounded out for the job the club would have made sure he was aware nothing must get out regarding whatever was actually going on. Come on now

Just letting you know what I know, believe what you will. It was a restaurant near great glen, out of the city, but still firmly in Leicestershire. Anyone know if he used to have a house in Leicestershire the first time around?

Just letting you know what I know, believe what you will. It was a restaurant near great glen, out of the city, but still firmly in Leicestershire. Anyone know if he used to have a house in Leicestershire the first time around?

I believe ya mate, you'll always get the odd knob on here just to disagree for the sake of it

One of the Irish dailies said O'Neill was playing golf in Sligo on Saturday...bit of a stretch for him to then hop over to Leicester for a meal when the FAI haven't given us permission to speak to him...

We live in the world of private jets and helicopters...

Archived