Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Martin O'Neill

Agree from what I have seen in the Irish press Keane would be staying in Ireland which sounds more realistic.There is still confidence over there that O'Neill  is staying and I am not sure how much the Mirror knows. Keane has still got a lot  to prove at managerial level  and to be honest would far prefer Lennon or our existing back room staff.

Hate Keane with a passion, O Neill was fantastic with Robertson (like Clough & Taylor) but I feel our current back room set up is as good as it gets and whoever comes in would love working with them. Please don't allow tha mongrel Keane (great player horrible coach/person) near our fantastic club......

Well although go we don't know all the facts we are mostly agreed that it was big Nige's attitude at times that most likely cost him his job - so it's highly unlikely that Keane would be hired - I mean he comes across as one of the most arrogant pig headed unsavoury and non media friendly people in football. His career has been littered with controversial incidents. I really doubt it will happen.

I also think it could be a way of MON saying no without saying no ....

Or he's sounding out how much influence he could have over the board - how flexible they would likely to be and how much of his own way he could have ....

Keane won't be coming here

If the owners dump Shakey and Walsh for Keane, it will show they are even more out of touch with the fan base then I first thought. Keane a man who admits going out to cripple another player, who let him country down, who showed no sympathy with Clive Clarkes heart attack!

It would certainly fly in the face of the argument that the owners are brand led.

I can understand the scepticism regarding Keane, but plenty of reports indicate he wouldn't come, and if he did there are reasons to believe he could serve a purpose. I've never been much of a fan of the 'don't want this guy anywhere near my club' viewpoint. I want what's best for the club, obviously.

But I am very surprised to see some people, on a Leicester City forum of all places, so reluctant to take on O'Neill. He was hardly a disaster at Sunderland, saving them from what looked to be a likely relegation, lifting them to 13th, being fired on a poor run while they were still clear of the relegation places (and, of course, they did stay up in the end). He did a great job at Villa and would come with a point to prove, and a determination that he didn't ruin his previous legacy. If, as I suspect, that's enough to put the fire back in his belly, then he would prove to be an asset. His time in the EPL at Villa isn't so long ago either (a lot more recent than Ranieri's stint with Chelsea), and he still did a very good job, albeit at a price.

He knows this league, favours our current formation and wouldn't go near this job, of all jobs, unless he felt certain that he could make it work. And, of course, he's the greatest legend in our club's history, so there's no danger of fans turning on him after a shaky first three or four matches. But I've often been surprised to see people on here questioning him so much - calling him a dinosaur, or even down-playing his previous success here (I remember Grewks arguing that Pearson had had a better impact at the club when we were bottom of the league, which seemed like one of the silliest things I'd ever read).

But even parking his past successes to one side, he's a manager who'd come with a great deal still going for him.

Out of respect for Clive Clarke alone I don't want Roy Keane anywhere near our club. The man is poison. I like to think the fans would kick up a fuss if he were to jump on board.

What's the connection between Clarke and keane?

How reliable are Winner Sports?

What's been said?

I can understand the scepticism regarding Keane, but plenty of reports indicate he wouldn't come, and if he did there are reasons to believe he could serve a purpose. I've never been much of a fan of the 'don't want this guy anywhere near my club' viewpoint. I want what's best for the club, obviously.

But I am very surprised to see some people, on a Leicester City forum of all places, so reluctant to take on O'Neill. He was hardly a disaster at Sunderland, saving them from what looked to be a likely relegation, lifting them to 13th, being fired on a poor run while they were still clear of the relegation places (and, of course, they did stay up in the end). He did a great job at Villa and would come with a point to prove, and a determination that he didn't ruin his previous legacy. If, as I suspect, that's enough to put the fire back in his belly, then he would prove to be an asset. His time in the EPL at Villa isn't so long ago either (a lot more recent than Ranieri's stint with Chelsea), and he still did a very good job, albeit at a price.

He knows this league, favours our current formation and wouldn't go near this job, of all jobs, unless he felt certain that he could make it work. And, of course, he's the greatest legend in our club's history, so there's no danger of fans turning on him after a shaky first three or four matches. But I've often been surprised to see people on here questioning him so much - calling him a dinosaur, or even down-playing his previous success here (I remember Grewks arguing that Pearson had had a better impact at the club when we were bottom of the league, which seemed like one of the silliest things I'd ever read).

But even parking his past successes to one side, he's a manager who'd come with a great deal still going for him.

This top post

Archived