Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

Not bad

Like when Huth came in, the difference between mediocre players who we loved and one with actual class was immediately apparent. Hopefully Ranieri will have a similar effect.

Very promising appointment, massively excited for the next two years now. We may well be about to see the development of the best Leicester team in living memory.

post esteban leaving stress disorder

It was a bad summer with Esteban, big Nige and Knocky all leaving and a man Football 365 likened to Alan Irvine taking over as manager.

In all honesty, I can't really tell how Ranieri has been the key to the success so far - as it seems to have 'spilled over' from our late surge last season.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great PR man (unlike Pearson, yes), seems caring to the players and doing fantastically - but are his tactics really different from Pearson's towards the end of last season? It's Pearson's players he's putting in the line-up, and the style of play doesn't seem much different now compared to that of late last season.

Ranieri is obviously in a different league tactically speaking. We've won games that we wouldn't have won under Pearson due to Ranieri's ability to pick the right team and tactics and to change things quickly during the course of a match when it's not going well. Even more simplistically, we play a totally different formation to what we played at the end of last season, and our focus is even more direct then it was then, so Ranieri has made clear changes even at a basic tactical level.

Having lived down 'saaf' for a few years, I've become mates with a few old school Chelsea fans. They've got a lot of time and respect for Ranieri and think we've made a shrewd appointment here. They also say Lampard speaks really highly of him. I'm inclined to listen to these views more than some on here who were still in nappies when he last managed in the PL.

Whatever your views, it's our job to get behind him and give him a chance. Good luck to the Tinkerman

It's funny because my Chelsea mates down here aren't the least bit surprised that we're doing well under CR. They told me from day 1 that he'd do a good job for us and they're also genuinely really chuffed for him. He's got a lot of love from Chelsea fans and they reckon he'll get a great reception at the Bridge when we play them there. Starting to wish I'd made a few bets pre season with them that we'd finish above Chelsea. They'd all have laughed at me and given me stupid odds probably!!!

We don't have the same targets as Chelsea either. 14th was considered a great success last season, the same or above would be acceptable.

Ha ha. The first part of this still holds true and the second part is what Chelsea might be thinking.

The club statement was hilarious 'we've secured one of the world's elite managers' . Are they serious? They have no clue. Let's not forget they've now appointed Sousa, Sven and Ranieri

Ranieri will be a flop. Cannot believe they'd be so bloody stupid.

:whistle:

Gutted

Most worrying part is that it comes that there is little plan or football knowledge at the top level of our club.

The first target was a club legend and the second target was the only bloke who publically spoke up for the job.

That suggests to me that the hunt for a new manager was clueless and directionless.

My concern is we've got rid of a young, hungry manager and appointed what many fans consider a footballing dinosaur.  Risky.

I'm not overly disappointed as it could have been much worse (Allardyce, Pulis types), but it confirms what I thought that we don't have any people in our club knowledgeable enough on football to make a real positive move. I wonder if he was even on the list before declaring an interest a week ago?

lol

I thought at the time that we signed him as one of our targets declined to join the club, and as he spoke highly of us in the media.

Now, I'm starting to believe that that wasn't the case.

Where's Preki anyway?

Just call me Col City.

Of the people who have repped you, I wonder how many checked your original post to see whether you were pulling their plonker, how many instinctively knew the answer and how many still don't know?  lol

I'm sad enough to be in category 1, not sad enough to be in category 3, but not smart enough to be in category 2. 

I wondered that. They made a point of mentioning Ranieri's previous connections to Walsh and Cambiasso. Would be good if that meant that they were hopeful of retaining them....but who compiles such profiles, I don't know. Might not be someone who'd have that level of knowledge.

Ah, well! In the absence of meaningful information, I disagreed with the Pearson sacking, but "The King is Dead, Long Live the King!" and all that. Ranieri now deserves a fair crack of the whip and our support, until such time as he shows that he doesn't deserve it.....hopefully that time never comes.

My main hope now is that he's not been brought in to buy in big names and massively overhaul the squad. He's bound to want to make 1 or 2 changes, but hopefully building on NP's foundations and improving them, maintaining the progression and squad morale - and making a few selective improvements. 

We'll be able to tell a lot from the transfer business (in and out) that he does - or tries to do - over the next few weeks. Lots of ins and out will support the idea that the owners wanted a big name to buy in high-profile players to boost the KP image. The retention of a lot of the existing squad will suggest that the owners just fell out with NP and deemed Ranieri the best man to take things forward.

Thanks a million to NP - and good luck for your future career (probably won't need it). Good luck, Tinkerman - hope you don't need the luck and don't tinker too much! COYB 

Not too disappointed with my initial analysis, particularly as a big Pearson fan. I sat on the fence a bit, but that's often the right thing to do when you don't know what you're talking about. :D

Of the people who have repped you, I wonder how many checked your original post to see whether you were pulling their plonker, how many instinctively knew the answer and how many still don't know? lol

I'm sad enough to be in category 1, not sad enough to be in category 3, but not smart enough to be in category 2.

To be fair to Nick, I'm pretty sure he meant it. He's having a great season! Just look at Scouse's tipping thread...

I don't get these negative comments towards him at all.

I can understand why people are disappointed with the Pearson sacking, but it's happened. To have someone of the calibre of Ranieri is considered a coup for a club of our size. We may be PL but we're still considered low PL. Our expectations for both league position, player recruitment and managerial appointments need to be realistic and fall in line with our status.

Should we remain and continue to improve year on year in the league, then we can start recruiting to keep up with our growing reputation. 

Personally, I'm pleased at his appointment. I take little notice of his short-term jobs in Italy as no one lasts very long there, clubs are run completely different to those in England. The more important thing is that these top clubs keep appointing him in the first place! He must be doing something right.

For those that compare this to another 'Sven' signing... listen. We might not have been that successful during his time here, but it was an exciting time to be a Leicester fan. Let's hope Ranieri's time is exciting too, but with more success.

If Ranieri is as successful as I think he will be, there's going to be some serious deleting of posts on this forum in twelve months time with plenty of 'backed him from the start, mate. Knew he'd do well'!

Well, I'm more than happy with my reaction to the appointment. Although perhaps assuming people's minds will only be changed after 12 months was way off.

To me Ranieri is not a long term manager. He's here as a 'rung manager'. I hope that he does well, and with the team he has at his disposal with a few crafty signings we could find ourselves pushing away from any relegation scrap.

I'll admit I didn't expect our form to continue on, but I thought we'd be safe.

However, if Ranieri is the 'rung manager' of improvement, fook knows what is beyond his tenure and up the ladder for us!

Archived