Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

Out of the alleged/linked candidates, I am not disappointed with this appointment. You can pin question marks over any appointment; however I find the amount of negativity incredulous.

His CV is impressive, albeit chequered of late I hope and believe his desire to get the job coupled with his winning mentality/ win ratio will hopefully work for our club.

Why not give him a chance instead of hanging him before he's committed a crime?

Thought I'd join in :)

Would never have forecast this impact though, just spectacular at the moment and long may it continue!

• 2 weeks later...

By sheer chance, whilst browsing through foreign online sports newspapers for reports on Leicester City FC, I stumbled upon this very recent short documentary on Claudio Ranieri done by the Gazzetta dello Sport:

http://video.gazzetta.it/ranieri-viaggio-origini-tinkerman/3bf49640-9b9e-11e5-8e62-f16e4f934eef

They re-visit Rome, where he still has his own apartment close to the Stadio Olimpico, talk about his youth, all his different stations as a player and manager and also ask him a few personal questions about his wife, his daughter and his fondness for food ("I can't be without Roman radicchio or some (Spaghetti) Carbonara"), as well as the change of nickname from "Tinkerman" to "Thinkerman", which he likes better.

You have to give him credit, he would be getting slated if we were doing shit even if it was with 'Pearson's players'.

This is a fair comment. I've not given him much praise, but perhaps we all should. He'd definitely get and deserve stick if 4-4-2 wasn't work and he didn't change.

I genuinely think this is the biggest risk the owners could've done, it'll either be an excellent one or a bad apple one.

Their low level of patience for anyone, may affect how long he'll be here for - particularly if he has a worse-than-expected start.

You+what+mate_a50f8e_4267791.jpg

• 2 months later...

MON rumoured to come back - people, quite rightly, make the point that he isn't what he was 10 years ago so isn't the right man now...

Ranieri confirmed - people justify it as a good appointment based on what he did 10 years ago rather than anything of note recently...

I'm underwhelmed with it all to be honest, I cant get excited about the appointment and I'll tell you why...

This appointment stands for everything that I'd hoped we'd learned not to do.

Claudio Ranieri has not been appointed because at this moment in time he's the best manager for Leicester City, he's been appointed on past glories. He's not been appointed because he's the right fit for our squad, our approach, our backroom set-up, he's been appointed because he's a 'name'. He's not been appointed, I believe, with a view that he can progress us in a sensible manner, he's been brought in as the quick fix.

We've not gone for a man whose career is on an upwards trajectory, someone ready to take the next step at LCFC and with something to prove. We've not even gone for someone who is tried and tested at what we need to do (establishing and consolidating our position). We've gone for one hell of a gamble, a bit of a punt that the man we've just handed a three-year contract to is here because he has the hunger and desire to improve our club and achieve something here.

For those reasons, I fail to be excited. I'm not saying this will not work out, I hope it does, but I'm looking at this realistically and based on the here and now of both the club and the man we've just given the job to.

Could have been worse I suppose, but I was wrong...  :P

These two posts were quite prophetic!

He doesn't have to win the league, just keep us out of trouble.

Like when Huth came in, the difference between mediocre players who we loved and one with actual class was immediately apparent. Hopefully Ranieri will have a similar effect.

Very promising appointment, massively excited for the next two years no. We may well be about to see the development of the best Leicester team in living memory.

Nobody could have predicted this. However I would love to see City win it if only to rub the noses in it of all those who were so scathing about him. Some of the comments were rude at best and utterly despicable at worst and a nicer chap you couldn't wish to meet. He didn't deserve it.

It really wasn't that unreasonable to think this could have gone badly.

No-one on here saw this.

Tell a lie, except ScouseFox. It seems like whatever exaggeration he makes actually comes to life. Schlupp Ballon D'Or 2018.

Archived