Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

I've got no problem whatsoever with Ranieri being our manager. He's had some low points, fair enough, but who hasn't? It's all relative, especially the Greece business. To me it'd be like passing up Moyes coz his stint at United didn't go great.

Ranieri has shown he can achieve some impressive things with clubs of varying quality and throughout different leagues.  He tends to have a mix of good runs, and bad slumps - I'd give him at least til January to see how he settles in.

I appreciate everyone has an opinion, be it for against or sitting on the fence, but for the life of me I don not understand people lambasting Ranieri and hoping and or expecting for him to fail.  He fails and our team fails.  I guess all for the opportunity to say "Told you so".

He is our manager now, been here a week and needs time with the team.  No one has seen his work in any way yet.  So can we just all accept the situation as it is and comment on the friendlies and tactics and performance.  Rather than trying to be right relying on Leicester City now being sh!t.  I know what will make me feel better and that is irrelevant who the manager is I want us to win.  I hope all our fans want that.

I didn't want Pearson to go but he has,so we now have a Manager who has managed at a far higher level than NP,let's be realistic NP will never manage the likes of Inter Milan,Juventus or even Chelsea whilst he's got a hole in his Ar*e.Claudio must have something about him and remember it was him who bought Lampard for Chelsea.

I didn't want Pearson to go but he has,so we now have a Manager who has managed at a far higher level than NP,let's be realistic NP will never manage the likes of Inter Milan,Juventus or even Chelsea whilst he's got a hole in his Ar*e.Claudio must have something about him and remember it was him who bought Lampard for Chelsea.

Indeed, can't believe people are turning their noses up at someone who has managed such big clubs and recently as well...

I think people need to remember that Cambiasso doesn't seem to like pre-season!

Perhaps he'll re-sign when all the fitness training has finished!

If he doesn't have pre season now he'll have it latter. He won't get a game for anyone unless he's fit.

• 4 months later...

I was really concerned about the owners reverting back to how they operated under Sven. They 100% have removed all the doubts I had about them and their direction. The decision to keep Pearson's staff and in turn the scouting and sports science departments was exactly the sort of thing I was asking / hoping for. Make the background team OUR team and not the managers. Then get managers in who can work within our structure.

In all honesty, I can't really tell how Ranieri has been the key to the success so far - as it seems to have 'spilled over' from our late surge last season.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great PR man (unlike Pearson, yes), seems caring to the players and doing fantastically - but are his tactics really different from Pearson's towards the end of last season? It's Pearson's players he's putting in the line-up, and the style of play doesn't seem much different now compared to that of late last season.

I was really concerned about the owners reverting back to how they operated under Sven. They 100% have removed all the doubts I had about them and their direction. The decision to keep Pearson's staff and in turn the scouting and sports science departments was exactly the sort of thing I was asking / hoping for. Make the background team OUR team and not the managers. Then get managers in who can work within our structure.

It just seems to be our time, what I mean by that is we still progress even when changes are made. It was interesting someone mentioning that Sunderland keep prattling on about us on their forums where they discuss man for man if their players are worse than ours and they believe they aren't. The thing is on paper you could argue that their squad has players that have achieved more at a higher level than a lot of our players and theoretically they aren't much worse than us but in reality we are so much more organised than they are and light years ahead of them in effectiveness. We were in this situation under Sven when our big named squad was a pathetic unit and it didn't seem to matter what we tried we never built any consistency. Right now this whole club is effctive on and off the field. We can make changes and as long as they are relatively positive and thought out, it's likely we'll still do well as we're a good outfit. Ranieri has complimented us well, it's almost a perfect fit when you look at it in hindsight. He is tactically strong and those little tweeks are what is helping us maintain this phenomenal rise. It's our time right now.

Reading this thread prompted me to check how Cambiasso is getting on at Olympiakos.

Looks like he's only played 4 games for them!

I wonder if he wished he'd stayed or could come back? Outrageous to think we don't miss him in the slightest right now.

Dietmar Hamaan, former Leicester City coach

"Can't believe Leicester appointed Ranieri. Great club, great fanbase but I'm afraid MK rather than Old Trafford season after next."

Sod off, Dietmar.

Top clubs are not exactly queuing up to appoint him.

Dietmar Hamaan, former Leicester City coach

"Can't believe Leicester appointed Ranieri. Great club, great fanbase but I'm afraid MK rather than Old Trafford season after next."

Sod off, Dietmar.

Someone has got their opinion wrong!? Well I never.

Digging up quotes and threads like this is all pointless. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm sure if it existed we'd all be millionaires... 

In all honesty, I can't really tell how Ranieri has been the key to the success so far - as it seems to have 'spilled over' from our late surge last season.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great PR man (unlike Pearson, yes), seems caring to the players and doing fantastically - but are his tactics really different from Pearson's towards the end of last season? It's Pearson's players he's putting in the line-up, and the style of play doesn't seem much different now compared to that of late last season.

Pearson never really managed to get the 4-4-2 working, although I think he was going to try again with it this year. The Fuchs signing for left back and kante making the middle more solid would have helped him.

For me the biggest difference are the small tactical tweaks. Whether before each game or at half time. They are often only one or two players moving positions, or one coming in for another, but they seem to always work.

Pearson often waited too long for change things in a game, 65th/75th minute subs. Or he'd plough on with players not working for month on end. He always got there in the end, to his credit. But Ranieri seems so much more on the ball with those things so far.

You have to give him credit, he would be getting slated if we were doing shit even if it was with 'Pearson's players'.

Archived