Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

Someone has got their opinion wrong!? Well I never.

Digging up quotes and threads like this is all pointless. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm sure if it existed we'd all be millionaires... 

You just know people who say stuff like this have got stuff to hide in this thread. lol  ;)

Like Babs said, if its not working he makes the changes very early to try and resolve things. Even if we still went on to lose a game, I think fans would be more understanding as he visibly recognises a problem and tries to rectify it with enough time to effect the game.

Nigel often would wait too long and ultimately make the wrong choice.

Oh god this thread. Better find my comment.

Phew

I'm thinking the same

Out of realistic candidates (after it had emerged that O'Neill wanted Keane with him) I'd have probably gone for Ranieri - might be a spender but he knows his onions. I don't really care about his record with Greece, only so much you can do with a lacklustre squad and international football is nothing like league where you have time to buy players and oversee them every week. Looking forward to seeing how we start the season, just really hope Walsh and Shakey stay on.

Welcome aboard, Claudio!

Did alright there!

The big difference between Ranieri and NP is their respective personalities. I really enjoy Ranieri's

interviews and his lack of English makes him come across so sincere. Seeing the Twitter message where Vardy

gave his short speech, sums it all up for me. The spirit within the dressing room and around the Club

generally, appears to be fantastic.

Our reputation amongst the pundits appears better now than under NP and I cannot imagine how proud the

Owners must be right now.

I am off to Thailand on Saturday night and it always amuses me to see the Leicester Merchandise in around

BKK airport.

Brilliant Managerial appointment and well done to whomever suggested it in the first place.

oh look what we have here leicesters most pessimistic fan

All those people who said we shouldn't appoint Ranieri because he's a loser who only ever comes second with world-beating teams against chump opposition were right after all.

Digging up quotes and threads like this is all pointless. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm sure if it existed we'd all be millionaires... 

Have a word with yourself.

Nothing wrong with noting the initial punditry reaction to the appointment made by 'experts' having noted the slow outpouring of admittance by several pundits over the last couple of weeks. 

Apply any discussion on here with that criteria and its all 'pointless', including you.

Anybody that disagrees with this appointment is a fool.

He is exactly what we need to steady the ship, sure up the defensive play and build on our attacks going forward without being left as exposed at the back.

People will say I'm mad but it wouldn't surprise me if we were top four approaching Christmas, having 40 odd points and Vardy being a contender for the Premiership Golden Boot.

Welcome Claudio.

Just call me Col City.

I was really concerned about the owners reverting back to how they operated under Sven. They 100% have removed all the doubts I had about them and their direction. The decision to keep Pearson's staff and in turn the scouting and sports science departments was exactly the sort of thing I was asking / hoping for. Make the background team OUR team and not the managers. Then get managers in who can work within our structure.

It's brilliant that they have kept the staff together, and Ranieri has got off to an unbelievable start. The point you make (later) about him acting more quickly than Pearson in dealing with weaknesses in the side and its tactics is very true. He didn't wait for an age to deal with De Laet's poor form, which is what Pearson did with both De Laet and Konchesky, his subs have been proactive and effective. Neither did he make the mistake that lesser managers have made with players like Inler and Benalouane, who may well have been his very own - non-scouting network - targets. They didn't improve the side, so they stayed on the bench, whereas Taylor stuck with Lewis and Lee Marshall until he had to be fired, Levein with Kisnorbo, De Vries, Maybury, Sousa and Sven with their signings at the expense of, say, Dyer, Fryatt and so on. As if to say 'I wanted this guy and I know my stuff, you don't, so he plays'. Ranieri hasn't done this.

That said, it will be important for him to continue building through our network. He did this with Kante and it's going to be important to have your Vardy / Mahrez Mk.2 ready in the wings in case they depart. Not to mention replacements at the ready for our more senior pros, especially Morgan who is nearly 32 and comes into the category of a defender who depends on a turn of pace here and there. If we replace these guys with the Inlers of the world it could easily be our downfall, but it'd be daft to worry too much about that. Especially when the guy in the side right now is Kante, not Inler.

Everybody has their good days and bad days. If there's someone on here who was right about Sven, Pearson and Ranieri I'll be impressed. And, of course, there's the players. Who was right about Vardy, Schlupp, Inler, Albrighton, Simpson and so on?

For my part, I regret my initial rabid post in response to the actual sacking of Pearson - it was an 'oh **** what have we done here?' moment, but some of the questions raised by people back in the summer remain valid. We don't know what the next two, three chapters of the story will tell us about the managerial switch - and whether it was fair or not is another matter entirely which we can barely begin to comment on. Plus great managers sustain a degree of success after time, and prove to be good team builders, which is why people were sorry to see the back of Pearson. Ultimately the way we view Ranieri will depend on this too.

Neither am I convinced that our appointment strategy was so far apart from what it was with Sven, which was an appointment we were also feeling very pleased with four or five months into his reign. It just looks a lot more likely that Ranieri will be the right man for the club. The board have raised question marks here and there, but there's every chance they'll prove themselves spot on this time.

Archived