Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

It's not the volume of posts. Some people were adamant this guy was going to sign for us. Not willing to listen to rational arguments that were clearly right.

And some people were adamant he wouldn't even when we clearly had an agent out there negotiating.

One side were always going to end up smug.

As I said earlier in this thread, this was never a no hoper. He's good but he isn't so good it was unbelievable.

It was always a case of Bayer stop bluffing and bid or he'd come here.

And some people were adamant he wouldn't even when we clearly had an agent out there negotiating.

One side were always going to end up smug.

As I said earlier in this thread, this was never a no hoper. He's good but he isn't so good it was unbelievable.

It was always a case of Bayer stop bluffing and bid or he'd come here.

It was quite obvious which way it would go IMO.

Any glad this saga is closed. Inler?!

It was quite obvious which way it would go IMO.

Any glad this saga is closed. Inler?!

If it was obvious to you then you're very naive, frankly.

Money runs football and the premier league now has more of it relative to the rest of the world than ever. You've only got to look at some of the players that have come to the prem this season already.

Wijnaldum to Newcastle, Cabaye to Palace, Rondon to West Brom, Shaqiri and Affelay to Stoke. Even Kante to us.

None of those are less unbelievable than Aranguiz to Leicester.

If it was obvious to you then you're very naive, frankly.

Money runs football and the premier league now has more of it relative to the rest of the world than ever. You've only got to look at some of the players that have come to the prem this season already.

Wijnaldum to Newcastle, Cabaye to Palace, Rondon to West Brom, Shaqiri and Affelay to Stoke.

None of those are less unbelievable than Aranguiz to Leicester.

Not naive at all. Money does run football. There were three choices, a. 0, b. 9, c. 15.

a was taken off the table by the owners and c was taken off the table by the player.

Could the owners 'pressure' the player to accept the higher bid, sure. But he would have resented it and it would only have benefited his owners. The player and us wouldn't have derived 'utility' from the deal.

Money is king, but there are still humans involved in the game.

Sure but I don't believe he'd resent playing in the premier league. It was all just politics and mind games.

He's an adult professional. If Bayer don't bid and his options are stay put or quadruple his money and put himself in the premier league shop window it's a no brainer.

Sure but I don't believe he'd resent playing in the premier league. It was all just politics and mind games.

He's an adult professional. If Bayer don't bid and his options are stay put or quadruple his money and put himself in the premier league shop window it's a no brainer.

If Bayer don't bid, then there is no offer on the table. So definitely no brainer.

To be honest, I'm not that bothered. He's a very good players by all accounts, but in a ****ed up way it's kind of refreshing that he's not come here when he blatantly didn't want to. Was he not quoted taking the piss of us a bit? No need for that but at least he's honest and not just taking the big money.

Move on. I had done a while back. Looks like Gokhan's the man.

Kill the thread. Kill it before it lays eggs.

There's no point. You lock or delete it before he holds up the Bayer shirt and some no-brain piss stain like Liam will just start a new one with some spurious twitter link from two weeks ago.

Archived