Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Not sure if some of the 'we don't need him' comments are meant tongue in cheek, but I think the three points is going straight to your head if you seriously think our midfield isn't depleted of quality. Sure, DD and AK played well today and the signing of Kante is exciting as a defencive midfielder, but Sunderland are a team we really should be beating at home if we want to finish 14th or higher this season. Aranguiz would be a very very good capture to the club, and although we don't 'need him' pursue, we do need someone to come in.

We don't need him... Having said that, I personally want him to join us, but needing and wanting somebody to join our squad are two completely different things. If he thinks he is too good for our club, then **** him. Cambiasso joined us, a player held in much higher regard all over the world than Aranguiz.

We most definitely need him or somebody else,our midfield is few on numbers,1or 2 injuries and we are in the shite.

We don't need him... Having said that, I personally want him to join us, but needing and wanting somebody to join our squad are two completely different things. If he thinks he is too good for our club, then **** him. Cambiasso joined us, a player held in much higher regard all over the world than Aranguiz.

Cambiasso is not on the level of Aranguiz. That'll probably be seen when he's playing in Greece this season.

We just need to show Aranguiz and Inler this simple stat to assure them both European football is guaranteed here next season.

Since the start of April, Leicester have won more points than any other Premier League side (25).

I really hope we keep playing with the desire and determination we've shown.

He would walk into any team outside the top 4.

Toddy, I would hope that Ranieri would give the players who did well on Saturday a chance to prove they could keep it up. Aranguiz as substitute to come on and possibly hold the place if the other two couldn't cope.

Given we are top of the league, were you agreeing with me? :-)

http://www.chilevision.cl/noticias/chvdeportes/futbol-internacional/se-acerca-a-alemania-bayer-leverkusen-elevo-oferta-por-charles-aranguiz/2015-08-08/204807.html

By Periscope | 08.08.2015 | 20:38He goes to Germany: Bayer Leverkusen raised offer for Charles AránguizThe national steering wheel could fulfill his dream of playing in the Bundesliga, after a new offer was known.

Charles Aránguiz has openly declared his intention to continue his career at Bayer Leverkusen in Germany. At the box aspirin is also interested in the Chilean midfielder, so he raised his offer with the intention of convincing Internacional de Porto Alegre that former Cobreloa sold.The German painting had already made ​​a formal offer for Aranguiz, a proposal that was rejected by the Brazilian team. However, this new offering of the entire former team of Arturo Vidal, would be closer to $ 16 million asking International, by so the option of the Chilean steering wheel is to be German lands is increasingly specific time." We want Charles Aránguiz comes to our club and our idea is to reach an agreement with Inter of Porto Alegre that leave all parties satisfied , "Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Völler said.

http://www.chilevision.cl/noticias/chvdeportes/futbol-internacional/se-acerca-a-alemania-bayer-leverkusen-elevo-oferta-por-charles-aranguiz/2015-08-08/204807.html

By Periscope | 08.08.2015 | 20:38He goes to Germany: Bayer Leverkusen raised offer for Charles AránguizThe national steering wheel could fulfill his dream of playing in the Bundesliga, after a new offer was known.

Charles Aránguiz has openly declared his intention to continue his career at Bayer Leverkusen in Germany. At the box aspirin is also interested in the Chilean midfielder, so he raised his offer with the intention of convincing Internacional de Porto Alegre that former Cobreloa sold.The German painting had already made ​​a formal offer for Aranguiz, a proposal that was rejected by the Brazilian team. However, this new offering of the entire former team of Arturo Vidal, would be closer to $ 16 million asking International, by so the option of the Chilean steering wheel is to be German lands is increasingly specific time." We want Charles Aránguiz comes to our club and our idea is to reach an agreement with Inter of Porto Alegre that leave all parties satisfied , "Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Völler said.

So Bayer are cashing in some of the looted paintings

it dont matter how many boxes of aspirin and paintings Bayer offer they are still 5m short of the askinbg price.

Manager has already indicated we still need additions and if any would expect any would be new players not to be impressed by yesterday. If not this guy or Inler then somebody else.

Not clear about the first sentence.

Potential new players wouldn't be impressed with yesterday?

If he's better than King, bring him in.

I somehow doubt that he is, and sounds a greedy bugger.

I'm starting to warm to the King & Kante partnership.

lol

They've been on the pitch together for 8 minutes. Your streak goes on!

There's a reason why he's 26 and still playing in South America. Just because he's really burst onto the scene in the last couple of years doesn't mean he'll be amazing here. Most of the people going crazy over the prospect of signing him, have probably only seen him play a couple of times.

Look at somebody like Paulinho. He was higher rated than Aranguiz, younger and cost more yet he was completely underwhelming. Plus he had prior experience in Europe. Payers making the leap from SA to England often need a lot of time to adjust or to go to another European League and then move on.

No doubting he could be class but people saying he'd walk into the team or be our greatest ever midfielder, is just embarrassing. There's a reason why the teams he's been linked with aren't in Europe's elite. I hope he doesn't come just so I don't have to deal with the pathetic hysteria from these people... 

There's a reason why he's 26 and still playing in South America. Just because he's really burst onto the scene in the last couple of years doesn't mean he'll be amazing here. Most of the people going crazy over the prospect of signing him, have probably only seen him play a couple of times.

Look at somebody like Paulinho. He was higher rated than Aranguiz, younger and cost more yet he was completely underwhelming. Plus he had prior experience in Europe. Payers making the leap from SA to England often need a lot of time to adjust or to go to another European League and then move on.

No doubting he could be class but people saying he'd walk into the team or be our greatest ever midfielder, is just embarrassing. There's a reason why the teams he's been linked with aren't in Europe's elite. I hope he doesn't come just so I don't have to deal with the pathetic hysteria from these people... 

He's been linked with 3 clubs, 2 of which play in the Champions League...

Oh and your ignorance of the lad's abilities doesn't make him less of player.

He's been linked with 3 clubs, 2 of which play in the Champions League...

Oh and your ignorance of the lad's abilities doesn't make him less of player.

Maybe I've missed something then as I thought it was us, Marseille and Leverkusen. So that's one team in the Champions League who lost their best player to a team that finished several places below them and can't even afford £10 million on Aranguiz. Sorry, perhaps when I said elite, I should set out a list of the biggest clubs in world football. There must be a reason why Leverkusen are competing with Leicester City for this lad.

Not a completely unfair point. Until a year or 2 ago, I probably could have told you something about all our transfer targets but now, not so much which may be why I'm sceptical about this signing. Point is, most players from SA who come straight over to England when they're beginning to peak, end up flopping. Sometimes they then go to Europe and set it alight (Forlan) but if you want to ignore that fact, then I'm afraid the only person who's really coming across as ignorant is you. 

Oh, and I didn't say he had a lack of ability, just find it amusing that people on here think he's going to be much better than Cambiasso  :thumbup:

Maybe I've missed something then as I thought it was us, Marseille and Leverkusen. So that's one team in the Champions League who lost their best player to a team that finished several places below them and can't even afford £10 million on Aranguiz. Sorry, perhaps when I said elite, I should set out a list of the biggest clubs in world football. There must be a reason why Leverkusen are competing with Leicester City for this lad.

Not a completely unfair point. Until a year or 2 ago, I probably could have told you something about all our transfer targets but now, not so much which may be why I'm sceptical about this signing. Point is, most players from SA who come straight over to England when they're beginning to peak, end up flopping. Sometimes they then go to Europe and set it alight (Forlan) but if you want to ignore that fact, then I'm afraid the only person who's really coming across as ignorant is you. 

Oh, and I didn't say he had a lack of ability, just find it amusing that people on here think he's going to be much better than Cambiasso  :thumbup:

Nobody has said that he'll be better than Cambiasso, just that he'd be better than we've got. Which is a completely fair point.

You've named one player who has come from SA and failed.

I suggest reading this... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30112089

Bayer are adamant this morning they will get him, and are going to up there bid, I'm on iPhone today so can't do the links off twitter that well but it's all over it on the Aranguiz timeline

If he does go to BL I hope Inter make them pay every last Euro of the €15m they want.

I despise BL now and I'll actively seek to watch the Lazio game even if they sign Aranguiz before that.

Archived