Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

His name is Shinji...

Really feel bad for seeing Krammy's potential be bottled, but the team yesterday was great and Okazaki was top notch

Its a long season a lot can happen, plus Krammys just a kid. There wwas a lot of sitters missed yesterday who knows how the squad might rotate when players need rested

Looked cracking yesterday, must have been lovely for Vardy to have someone else do his running for him! Really put himself about and drew a lot of fouls in good areas. Excited to see how the partnership with Vards will develop or if someone else will get involved.

Also, good new chant got an airing for him in SK1, nice and simple to the tune of The Human League:

Shinji Okazaki,

Okazaki, ohhhhh...

... having just watched the game again I think the lad, like Vardy and Mahrez is a bloody wonder ... Full of not just determination and spirit but a whole bunch of talent in there, just like Vardy he'll chase and chase all game (and that totally pisses off the opposition as they get no respite for the whole afternoon) and like Mahrez he moves the ball very quickly but also isn't afraid to go one v one.

Krammers will be able to provide a totally different dimension to the front end, like others I just hope he grabs his chances when hey come along?

Shinji Okazaki may not have got among the goals duringLeicester’s rout of Sunderland - he was denied a debut strike by Younes Kaboul late on - but the Japan international impressed nonetheless. Okazaki had the best passing accuracy (88 per cent) of any Leicester player and dovetailed with his strike partner Jamie Vardy commendably.

Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson says: Okazaki was very good. He hasn’t got the pace of Vardy, Jeffrey Schlupp or Riyad Mahrez but he always holds the ball up. Great touches, great vision. Very impressive and I thought he was different class. He’s not big - he’s actually quite little - but very good.

Looked cracking yesterday, must have been lovely for Vardy to have someone else do his running for him! Really put himself about and drew a lot of fouls in good areas. Excited to see how the partnership with Vards will develop or if someone else will get involved.

Also, good new chant got an airing for him in SK1, nice and simple to the tune of The Human League:

Shinji Okazaki,

Okazaki, ohhhhh...

Sounded awful. People singing the second line all wrong.

Shinji Okazaki may not have got among the goals duringLeicester’s rout of Sunderland - he was denied a debut strike by Younes Kaboul late on - but the Japan international impressed nonetheless. Okazaki had the best passing accuracy (88 per cent) of any Leicester player and dovetailed with his strike partner Jamie Vardy commendably.

Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson says: Okazaki was very good. He hasn’t got the pace of Vardy, Jeffrey Schlupp or Riyad Mahrez but he always holds the ball up. Great touches, great vision. Very impressive and I thought he was different class. He’s not big - he’s actually quite little - but very good.

'didn't look sharp and his touch ain't the best' though.

What a plank!

He was brilliant, to criticise his touch is ridiculous and shows you either know nothing or didn't watch it. He had some incredibly close control and was more comfortable in possession than most people on the pitch. excellent player in every way.

In the final third..did he look sharp?...Did he look a threat?...Anyone can buzz about in the middle third...They let you to some extent...He looked like he was giving it his absolute all though.

got in quite a few nice positions, was very unlucky twice, once in either half with good defending blocking his efforts (one lead to our fourth goal, his half chance and the sheer panic he'd caused in their defence). 

some very tidy turns and some good runs, was missing a goal but not through his own fault, like i said a mixture of good defending and being a bit unlucky denied him that. he'll bag a few if we play like that every week. 

got in quite a few nice positions, was very unlucky twice, once in either half with good defending blocking his efforts (one lead to our fourth goal, his half chance and the sheer panic he'd caused in their defence). 

some very tidy turns and some good runs, was missing a goal but not through his own fault, like i said a mixture of good defending and being a bit unlucky denied him that. he'll bag a few if we play like that every week.

Fair enough...The general consensus seems to be that I'm wrong...I did have the sun in my eyes.

I gave Okazaki, Vardy and Mahrez 10/10 each in the player ratings and an 88% pass rate on his Premiership debut in a foreign land only confirmed how much Shinji deserved it.

There was nothing negative about his game either. He contested everything - in the air and on the ground. He harried, snarled and snapped into every challenge like a starving pit bull and once he'd won the ball fed it like flesh to a school of marauding shark.

Any team is lucky to have one such as Vardy in it - a 100 per center who'd metaphorically die for the cause. But yesterday, for an hour, we looked like a whole squad of Action Men on Day Release from the Brecon Beacons....fast, focused and booking dangerous.

Roll on the rest of the season if it's going to be like that - and a big, warm, welcome to the Rising Son whose rays proved too damned hot for Sunderland!.

And for all those when we signed him suggesting he was just purchased because he was an Asian and the owners wanted him for that purpose need to back track and acknowledge the scouting team for recognising talent.  Our management are doing a great job of finding good value talent and bringing them in.  I won't be questioning our targets and acquisitions, nor should others.  Our people really do know what they are doing.

Also Raineri has to be given a lot of credit to put out the team he did and the style of play they offered.   

His legs never stopped churning and he made the Sunderland defenders work for every ball and pass. A spark plug and a very astute signing by the front office.

Was this written by an engineer? lol

Archived