Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Clarkson and friends.

Think it will fall flat on its face. Amazon Prime doesn't have the library or the easy accessibility, even with this added. Think how many people pirate GoT because Amazon mess it up.

If it were on Netflix...that might be a different matter.

Prime is getting better and better though. Now includes: TV and Film, free first class delivery, free kindle books and now Amazon's Spotify!

Might have to get it one day and not use my Dad's!

Prime is getting better and better though. Now includes: TV and Film, free first class delivery, free kindle books and now Amazon's Spotify!

Netflix have got such a head start with their original shows and easy accessibility, though. I'm not sure Prime will ever catch up.

The best thing would be for some kind of partnership between the two and in the long term I can see that happening.

You get the full Spotify with Amazon prime?

I've got Amazon instant video ie just the TV streaming for a monthly fee, I don't get free delivery or anything. I think you need to pay for the full year to get the full Amazon prime which I wasn't willing to do but might be if you get Spotify with it.

Netflix have got such a head start with their original shows and easy accessibility, though. I'm not sure Prime will ever catch up.

The best thing would be for some kind of partnership between the two and in the long term I can see that happening.

A partnership would be awful for consumers, they'd have such huge market share that it would allow them to rip off customers and buy out any competitors. Much better for them to be kept apart and competing with each other.

A partnership would be awful for consumers, they'd have such huge market share that it would allow them to rip off customers and buy out any competitors. Much better for them to be kept apart and competing with each other.

I see what you're saying, but as long as they both offer different shows exclusively that people want to watch the customer is being screwed by having to pay for both services anyway. It's like the whole thing between Sky and BT Sport for Prem coverage.

You get the full Spotify with Amazon prime?

I've got Amazon instant video ie just the TV streaming for a monthly fee, I don't get free delivery or anything. I think you need to pay for the full year to get the full Amazon prime which I wasn't willing to do but might be if you get Spotify with it.

No, you get full acess to Amazon music, their version of spotify!

But Netflix films are 99% guff!

It's a right mess on a smart telly, so much so that I'm sure they'll make it a bit more intuitive soon.

Is it just me that gets irked by this dog's breakfast of competing content services?  It's so all over the shop it doesn't really appeal (mainly because we're too lazy to find our way through it) so we just end up watching Don't Tell the Bride yet again

Quite disappointing that they have gone for Prime. So much subscription stuff at the moment, it's getting silly.

They had a clause in their contract saying they could not work for any other british broadcaster for 2 years once they have left BBC...

Terrible move in my opinion. Amazon prime is a TINY fraction of the audience they were attracting. Netflix would have made far more sense if they were going down the streaming route. I can see this sinking after a season or two. There isnt nearly enough people who have Amazon prime and they'll go from 100's of millions of viewers to a couple of million viewers. Probably would have done better just putting it on youtube then this. 

It's a right mess on a smart telly, so much so that I'm sure they'll make it a bit more intuitive soon.

Is it just me that gets irked by this dog's breakfast of competing content services?  It's so all over the shop it doesn't really appeal (mainly because we're too lazy to find our way through it) so we just end up watching Don't Tell the Bride yet again

Yes, yes. As I said above, very much this.

Archived