Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Clarkson and friends.

Just watching it now. Much better than the first week. I don't think I'll ever prefer it to the last threes version, but I'll certainly keep watching and enjoying if for what it is.

Suppose it's like when they change James Bond or Dr Who. Do the fans just completely abandon the series of just enjoy it a little less?

Seems it is taking a ratings hit here and in the states

1st episode in the states is down to 388,000 compared to 530,000 for the 1st episode in the previous season

Episode 2 here pulled in 2.8 million compared to the 4.4 million who watched the 1st episode

purposley gone out of my way to watch this on something where it will get no viewing figures just to stick it to that twat evans after his twitter rants.

Yeah that was a bit pathetic. He should know that the viewing figures were always going to be high for episode 1, people were curious what it'd be like. People watching something, especially a first episode, doesn't mean they're liking it, just means they're viewing it. It's whether it holds viewers, which apparently it didn't for episode 2.

Much, much improved tonight.

It was - much better.

They shouldn't advertise the celebs new stuff though - that felt like selling out its not Graham Norton and the weakest thing about it it is the first car and audience cheering rubbish.

I guess no one watched the last one?! 

Seems like there was last Evans, which is good. I prefer Chris Harris, Rory's section was a bit 5th Gear, and the last segment driving around London was pointless and a bit annoying.

I've still not watched episode 2, even though I'm interested, I just seem to find something else I'd rather watch.

I guess no one watched the last one?! 

Seems like there was last Evans, which is good. I prefer Chris Harris, Rory's section was a bit 5th Gear, and the last segment driving around London was pointless and a bit annoying.

Viewing figures dropped 500,000 for the 3rd episode to 2.3 million although that's been blamed on football and the second half of an hour special of coronation street being on at the same time

It's not a bad show when you watch it with an open mind.

I actually like Matt Le Blanc a lot more than I thought I would as a presenter. Chris Evans can pi55 off though, I think he's the most cringe worthy presenter around.

Watched the first two and don't think it's a patch on how it was before.

Clarkson being the total tit has wrecked what was one of my favourite programmes on the TV.

To be honest, I don't think I'll bother watching any more. It's just not funny. That was the best bit that the trio had...They made it funny with the interpersonal dynamics.

William Woollard is still alive.  There's a fallback if things get too bad.

Has anybody ever read a Clarkson book?  There was one in the holiday cottage I stayed in recently, and I had a look out of curiosity.  It was the dullest thing I've ever read - I could barely read a sentence without being distracted by a sparrow or something

William Woollard is still alive.  There's a fallback if things get too bad.

Has anybody ever read a Clarkson book?  There was one in the holiday cottage I stayed in recently, and I had a look out of curiosity.  It was the dullest thing I've ever read - I could barely read a sentence without being distracted by a sparrow or something

Whatever you do, don't read Hammond's autobiography. If it wasn't for that almost fatal crash, nothing of note would have happened in his very dull life.

Whatever you do, don't read Hammond's autobiography. If it wasn't for that almost fatal crash, nothing of note would have happened in his very dull life.

He could have saved himself a lot of time and bother by just putting that bit out as a pamphlet.

I bought Guy Martin's autobiography this evening, I must be f***ing mental

• 3 weeks later...

Archived