Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Clarkson and friends.

Watched the first two, have the other four on Sky+ as I've been watching the Euros when it was on. The old format I would have found time to watch it, probably straight after the game or the following night, the fact I haven't been too bothered about finding that time says everything about how much it's dropped in quality. I'll still finish the series eventually, but I'm in no rush.

Yeah its been cringey from Evans at times but that Rory Reid is by far the most irritating on there, hes like one of them YouTube kids that puts on a weird half American accent and the other week when he described something clever as 'smart', I turned it straight off. Its the smaller details with me sometimes.

I think for the next presenter they need to take it less serious and just bring something natural, silly and jovial back into it.

Yeah its been cringey from Evans at times but that Rory Reid is by far the most irritating on there, hes like one of them YouTube kids that puts on a weird half American accent and the other week when he described something clever as 'smart', I turned it straight off. Its the smaller details with me sometimes.

I think for the next presenter they need to take it less serious and just bring something natural, silly and jovial back into it.

thats exactly how he started out by having a YouTube channel 

I don't mind it, really.

I'm not sure what you lot are on about when you say you don't like the new 'format'. What do you mean exactly because the format is almost identical. It's not like it's been rebooted and is unrecognisable from the last series.

Other than the presenters, the only other thing that's changed is that there are two guests going around a muddy circuit. They still have the Stig and even use the same intro format and they still have the challenges.

I've seen a couple and so far it's no different really apart from the people who are on it. The bloke reviewing the Focus RS in the third ep used a metaphor and it even sounded like it was something Clarkson said. I cringed at that but the rest was ok.

Prefer a slightly more in depth interview with one star to what they do with two but not that arsed.

I think they should've freshened it up more really, but I'm not entirely sure how.

Evans is like a jack russel in heat.

Fcuking annoying little shit.

Saw a bit of the show the other week. They were comparing old and new Rollers.

Le Blanc was classy, witty and genuinely interesting to listen to. Evans on the other hand was how I imagine a 15 year old Jeremy Clarkson was.

I like the two YouTube guys, Rory and Chris Harris. They are passionate about car journalism. They've just done it via YouTube rather than newspapers like the old crew. But they are certainly authentic in their love of cars. They are a bit more 5th gear than top gear, so they need to sort that out. Evans was just too much. The woman is a bit too German, but that allows for a lot of fun. Jordan, meh. Joey is decent.

But the biggest issue for me is that they have basically recreated TG (same shots, cinematography, cars, jokes), rather than rebooted it with their own spin.

The money the BBC made from selling the old boys around the world was obscene.

Now it's just about dead but the law says I still have to pay to watch TV. I'm taking my case the European cour.....

I'm writing a strong letter to the Prime Minis.....

I'm writing a stronger letter to the leader of the oppos....

I'm going to pay my TV licence and SULK

That'll show em!

• 4 months later...

This one programme is the reason why the BBC is a slowly dying dinosaur ,I feel fecked off having to pay to watch the shite on the BBC 

this was amazing 

hot house flowers live in a Burning Man scene , epic , The best opening I have ever seen on any type of factual/entertainment show ! 

22 hours ago, separator said:

Just watched the first episode of The Grand Tour, was quite decent actually and looks great. Its just Top Gear with a huge budget at the end of the day though. 

The BBC couldn't create that even with the budget , they don't possess or have access to the production talent or production freedom 

• 3 months later...

Anyone watching the new series of Top Gear? There's no chemistry between the presenters, the jokes are really stilted. Say what you like about Chris Evan but at least he had a bit life about him.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Anyone watching the new series of Top Gear? There's no chemistry between the presenters, the jokes are really stilted. Say what you like about Chris Evan but at least he had a bit life about him.

To me, it feels a bit awkward at the moment.

As if they don't really want to be there and quite bland to watch.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The problem with the new Top Gear was always going to be, if they planned to keep the same format, that they were replacing 3 mates who'd worked together for over a decade with three people who barely know each other. In the case of these three they also have limited presenting experience, but Harris and Reid are both car journalists by trade, so they know their stuff, and I'm sure they'll improve. Imo this is a lot more watchable than last series. It's not a patch on the old Top Gear though.

Archived