Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

7th minute applause for Nigel Pearson

He did his job, got paid very well for it, and then fvcked up by not keeping his mouth / son under control. I liked Nigel, but lets not make him out to be some sort of messiah. I don't get a minutes applause everytime I do well at work.

SPOT FOOKING ON !! lol

Great idea...let's make the new manager feel really loved and appreciated at his first competitive game with us....by chanting the ex managers name!!!!...Awesome idea!!

To the OP: when you say "there is a planned applause", what do you mean?

Do you mean that you want to plan an applause using social media but you think if you cloak your intentions in the passive then it will make it sound more official?

Anyway, this is a terrible idea. The fans showed plenty of "appreciation" to NP whilst he was here. From the sounds of it you're just unhappy about the decision to sack him but don't want to have a go at the owners.

For what it's worth, Pearson won't know/care if people clap in the 7th minute. The only thing it will achieve is boosting the santimony of his groupies and undermining the new manager.

its not a terrible idea..its a fu*king moronic idea...and im saying that as a Nigel supporter. 

The king is dead long live the king....We need to be welcoming Claudio

Support the people currently at the club and involved in the game, clapping for another manager is not a good move when the press are already on the current one's back.

Tomorrow is the start of a new regime and era for the club.

A chant is an even worse idea. Atleast 80% of people wouldn't have ****ing clue why we were clapping. A chant on the otherhand - how would you feel starting a new job and suddenly everyone around you is chanting the name of the guy you have just replaced? People just need to leave this well alone. The best thing that can happen is for this thread to disappear and we just pretend it never happened.

Ha! Fair enough. 

I do, however, get the sentiment of doing something. 

Pearson did well for us and his somewhat unexpected departure came at a time when most fans still backed him. Hence some people might want a chance to thank him. "Closure", if you like. I must stress that I'm not one of them – but I understand where they're coming from!

We are fully behind ranieri. And after this applause can move on. You could argue that when the fans have had their chance to show their appreciation they are less likely to turn on Claudio if we lose.

We are fully behind ranieri. And after this applause can move on. You could argue that when the fans have had their chance to show their appreciation for Me years, they are less likely to turn on Claudio if we lose.

Look, it's a crap idea so how about you just give it up?

Guest Mee-9

I'll get my arse out and take a dump during the 7th minute. Then fling my shit at all you who clap.

How about you give 90 minutes of chanting, clapping whatever towards the present, and not the past. 

Guest MattP

If enough people get this started it will happen as the vast majority will just presume it's for someone who is dead lol

Archived