Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

7th minute applause for Nigel Pearson

Terrible terrible timing for something like this. I mean, any time is terrible but on our new Managers first league game? P*ss poor idea.

Correct. Massive kick in the teeth for the new man, even if it isn't intended as such.

How would people feel if they started a new job and the person they'd replaced got talked about and cheered all day?!

I'm up for this, I also think the players (including Sunderland players) should stop playing and join in the clapping on the 7th minute. Anything less is downright disrespectful to Pearson's acheivements at the club.

Or to say he would have is equally a stretch. I'm not arguing, but if ifs and buts were pots and pans we'd all be scrap metal merchants.

Like I said, I was a pearson fan, I'll gladly clap him if he ever returns here before a match. I believe he backed himself into a corner, as if he would have took whatever it was on the chin, he'd probably be still here today. Speculation yes, but highly likely.

What he wasn't, was the Messiah, and I for one won't be undermining the new manager 7 minutes into his first game. 

I have moved on after an uncomfortable summer. I suggest you guys do the same

Correct. Massive kick in the teeth for the new man, even if it isn't intended as such.

How would people feel if they started a new job and the person they'd replaced got talked about and cheered all day?!

If I had the sort of attitude a good football manager should have, then I'd be excited that the supporters of the club are passionate and that they'll treat me in much the same way if I achieve what I expect to.

Anyone that takes part wins a non transferable season ticket to Forest to replace your Leicester one which will be subsequently burnt.

I'm with Larry. I think this would be massively disrespectful to Ranieri whether intended or not. Ridiculous idea, I mean FFS He's gone and probably for just reasons if it relates to Thailand incident. (nobody can argue with that, we all pretty much agreed the three boys should have been sacked so if Nige refused to accept that then thats his loss) The man did some great things for our club, he also didn;t at times. What happened to just remembering a good manager rather than all this nonsensical clapping shit, I doubt Pearson gives a shiny shit anyway and he certainly won;t be watching the game and if he does it's most likely hoping we will lose so he can sneer about it.

What baffles me more is that nobody actually knows the real reason he was sacked. Sure the media have said one thing, but we don't know its true or not. NP may have really crossed the line and left the owners with no choice, and yet people want to clap him. No thanks. Disrespectful to Ranieri as far as Im concerned. Sure Nigel moved on weeks ago, shame we clearly haven't.

I'll join in but only if we continue clapping until the 72nd minute to makr the passing of our Cilla, followed by another three minutes of clapping because three is the number of lads it takes to bring down a football club from the inside and then another two minutes of clapping because that's how many points we're going to win.

Absolute stupid idea. Next thing we are going to clap for nige holding a door open for an elderly woman.

These clapping minutes have gone rogue at every pitch. It happens like every game for one team or another and i bet the majority of fans in the stadium have no fooking clue whats going on.

I think Nige knows people appreciated all he has done for us. He got paid well to do it and can dry his tears in his pound notes. Have a silent moment with your fellow clappers and buy a warm carling to support our club so we can overpay for tw@ts like aranguiz already. lol

I've not read all the pages of comments on this, so apologies if someone has already said this.

Grow up! Why on earth would we do a half hearted poxy applause for someone who's not even in the ground! Whoever even came up with this notion clearly doesn't understand the concept of supporting the FOOTBALL CLUB! Here we are, with new signings, a new manager and a fantastic Tifo pre game, about to kick off against beatable Sunderland in our most important season ever, and some tw*ts want to clap Nigel Pearson? Wtf!

Surely whoever suggested this is aware that the lcfc fans are, and have been deeply divided on NP for a long time. This stupid idea will result in half hearted applause. And surely you would have to sing " one Nigel Pearson " at the same time or no one would know why your doing it! And I can't believe even the most cerebrally challenged lcfc fan can suggest that singing that song would be a positive thing for the team.

Move on and support your club!

How's about we forget this stupid idea because I for one and I know of plenty of other people who will not do this because it's ridiculous, why are we applauding our old manager who spent the most part of last season being a complete **** because he can't handle the prem at all, move on get behind rainieri and the team not show a pathetic gesture for a bloke who clearly didn't do anything last season because the owners waved money in front of the players faces and said they could have it if they stayed up so whoevers idiotic idea this is can do one

Quite possibly the stupidest idea I've ever heard. And I work in marketing.

What are your thoughts on swapping the family stand and the Kop? It's an idea that just came to me. Quite genius I thought.

**** him and this pathetic minutes applause crap. If you really want to show your appreciation do what I did and find out where he lives and stand outside his house from 7am for a 24 hour clap-a-chant-a-phon. The bastard had me arrested at 9pm, clearly doesn't appreciate the fans, tosser.

**** him and this pathetic minutes applause crap. If you really want to show your appreciation do what I did and find out where he lives and stand outside his house from 7am for a 24 hour clap-a-chant-a-phon. The bastard had me arrested at 9pm, clearly doesn't appreciate the fans, tosser.

I heard that had nothing do with chanting. You're lucky his daughter dropped the charges.

He didn't have a problem when I did it, made me a cup of tea. Maybe it's just you?

More to the point, the 8 people who have repped the OP and made it "popular" should be flogged. Mark_W, I am shocked and appalled you could do such a thing. You have let the club down, Claudio down, the fans down but most importantly you've let yourself down.

Ive always wanted to say that.

Could just finish the game in the 7th minute and have 83 of focussed Nigel contemplation.

great idea! Maybe scrap the clappers and give everyone a Nigel Pearson mask. And every time some near you complains you can shout "f**k off and die", or even grab an opposition player around the neck if you sit close enough to the pitch.

Hell, let's re-name the stadium "the Nigel Pearson " stadium and get s statue of him outside the club shop....

lol bugger off

Let's get behind the team from first minute to last, what kind of pathetic fanbase stays quiet for the whole match just so they can spend 1 minute clap an ex-manager (possibly undermining the new one)?

Embarrassing. I'll be singing my lungs out for 90 minutes, cheers.

Archived