Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

7th minute applause for Nigel Pearson

Embarrassing.

Nigel was overall excellent at his job, a job that he was paid handsomely to do.

It's been said here a million times, but I'll say it once more anyway. He's gone, for whatever reason he's here no more. But the club still lives on and the current management will now continue to move it forwards. We as fans need to get fully behind the club as it is currently, and not undermine the new boss 7 mins into his first competitive match.

And I don't believe anyone who says they've moved on when they're still calling for minutes applauses and tifo's of Nigel's face.

There's a memorial garden outside maybe we could have some kind of shrine built and sit round it holding hands and crying talking out the Pearson years?

Or maybe we could just say cheers Nige, sad it didn't work out but then you were a bit of an impossible wooden weirdo but we loved you anyway, good luck in your next venture when you've finished being paid out by the Thais for keeping your mouth shut about all the Hotel antics on tour being laid on by the club....

If/ When Big Nige comes back to Leicester I would applaud him before the game. After that we can draw a line under it.

Otherwise just let it be

He's gonna get the florist job.

He ain't ever coming back.

lol  lol  you really think that? he is was a great manager for us, but come on these owners have done wonders for our club. You don't know what happened for them to sack him he could of left them no option for all we know.

It's hard to say who has done what. The owners might be looked on very differently had it not been for Pearson, alternatively Pearson might not have had some of the success he had if it hadn't been for their investment... although he wasn't doing badly without it before he left for Hull.

It was a joint effort.

Last year there were complaints about Dyer leaving, this year is no different about Pearson. All of you need to accept that players and managers come and go whether you like them or not.

Stop dwelling on the past and move on.

Are you mental?

Did Nige put his hand in his pocket and write of loads of debt? did he relay the pitch or put up the big screen?

Nige did his job and was paid for it. I was always behind the man, but to say he did more for the club than the people that have consistently backed and improved the club is a joke.

Plus Nige backed himself into a corner. Get over it and move on

We've gone over this a lot, but under Pearson we went up 31 places in the league, 20 of which were achieved before these owners turned up, and making a profit on his transfer dealings in the process. And we really don't know whether he backed himself into a corner or not. We can speculate about the right and wrongs all day, on both sides of the equation. We know pretty much nothing, it's all guesswork. 

All that matters now is that the board made their decision and we have to hope it works out. I don't think waiting seven minutes before we start singing the old manager's name is the best way of going about that. We have to respect the contributions of Pearson and the board and, as much for their sake as ours, not get into the 'who did more for the club?' debate, because it's a tough one to call. But let's not try to rewrite history.

Which was after all his job. He wouldn't have done it without the owners that's for sure

And i am absolutely certain a portion of that £200 million ended up in his pocket as bonuses.

He didn't float down on angelic wings, save the club and do it for nothing.

He was one of the better managers we have had in the last 30 years, but to give him saint status is frankly taking it a little far

As I said above, he took us up to the 2nd tier play offs, from the third tier, without our owners. Back in 2010 many of us believed that, given a year or two, he'd have led us to the PL with or without a great injection of cash. To say 'he wouldn't have done it without the owners' when most of our rise up the league under Pearson was without their backing, seems a bit of a stretch.

Almost feels like these things are organised just so the person who organised it can say 'I made this happen' rather than being actually meaningful

This basically. Nothing more than an ego trip for the "organiser".

--edit-- Though I'm sure some people do it with good intentions to remember someone. That's understandable but still a ridiculous concept to try and make 30,000+ people take their attentions from supporting the club to pay attention to your dearly departed.

**** this. I love NP but we HAVE to move on. 

Tomorrow/this season has real potential to be ruined by people who refuse to look forward and instead choose to jeopardise the season by harking on about last year whenever things go even slightly wrong. 

What annoys me is the fans who will bang on about Pearson all season will be the ones who gave me grief for sticking by him last season when they were DESPERATE for him to be fired.

I've got a better idea... How about we applaud THE TEAM in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd... How about all of the minutes in the match?

In fact, why don't we shout, scream and cheer for THE ENTIRE CLUB?!

After all they are who we're supposed to be supporting, right?

I've got a better idea... How about we applaud THE TEAM in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd... How about all of the minutes in the match?

In fact, why don't we shout, scream and cheer for THE ENTIRE CLUB?!

After all they are who we're supposed to be supporting, right?

Absoutely. Crowd will play a MASSIVE part this season, and it's so important we stick by the team from the off. Sounds obvious but I do fear things turning sour as soon as something goes wrong.

As I said above, he took us up to the 2nd tier play offs, from the third tier, without our owners. Back in 2010 many of us believed that, given a year or two, he'd have led us to the PL with or without a great injection of cash. To say 'he wouldn't have done it without the owners' when most of our rise up the league under Pearson was without their backing, seems a bit of a stretch.

Or to say he would have is equally a stretch. I'm not arguing, but if ifs and buts were pots and pans we'd all be scrap metal merchants.

Like I said, I was a pearson fan, I'll gladly clap him if he ever returns here before a match. I believe he backed himself into a corner, as if he would have took whatever it was on the chin, he'd probably be still here today. Speculation yes, but highly likely.

What he wasn't, was the Messiah, and I for one won't be undermining the new manager 7 minutes into his first game. 

I have moved on after an uncomfortable summer. I suggest you guys do the same

Archived