Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

On 03/10/2016 at 14:29, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"Stand up for the Champions"

*nobody moves*

because everyone who wants to stand up at the footy is already stood up and everyone who doesn't isn't going to be made to stand up by a quite frankly shit song 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Definitely not, it's one of the few things in life that is genuinely so shit that it's actually brilliant

I used to find it funny, but it's chipped away at me over the years. Now just reminds me of that god awful era when the football was so boring, they had to bring it in the appeal to the kids lol

What happened to the version they used to play at Filbert Street? 

55 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I used to find it funny, but it's chipped away at me over the years. Now just reminds me of that god awful era when the football was so boring, they had to bring it in the appeal to the kids lol

Does anyone know where the bloke has gone who plays it?

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

If I remember rightly they got rid of the version they played over the tannoy and there was some mild outrage of people saying ooh you can't do that. So the club thought to themselves, fine if you're going to be arses about this we'll bring it back in a ridiculous, over the top way, with some git taking centre stage on the middle of the pitch. We've been suffering with it ever since, must be ten years or so they've been doing it this way now. 

I have to say though that I still like the version they play after the half time break. It makes we do a little jig.

:riyad:

Guest CityFan 06

I hope we have the guy who plays Post Horn Gallop back for the next home game/s. I don't mind the tannoy version too much but when he does it live it's got a real tradition about it, certainly boosts the atmosphere afterwards IMO. The 'Gallop' is one of the things I'm glad we have that's original to us.

4 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I hope we have the guy who plays Post Horn Gallop back for the next home game/s. I don't mind the tannoy version too much but when he does it live it's got a real tradition about it, certainly boosts the atmosphere afterwards IMO. The 'Gallop' is one of the things I'm glad we have that's original to us.

I've been told he had a prior engagement on Sunday, so should be back for the next game :trumpet:

Edited by NZ_Foxile
  • Like 1

Guest CityFan 06
6 minutes ago, NZ_Foxile said:

I've been told he had a prior engagement on Sunday, so should be back for the next game :trumpet:

Great to hear, thanks!

On 05/10/2016 at 07:38, Ted Maul said:

Next time the atmosphere's that flat, I'll probably head up to stand with Union FS- do stewards object to people standing in the aisle back there?

We were down in Row B for the first time ever. It was the most dire atmosphere I've known for a long time.

We thought about doing the same but wasn't sure on the stewards stand point.

2 minutes ago, GorlestonFox said:

We were down in Row B for the first time ever. It was the most dire atmosphere I've known for a long time.

We thought about doing the same but wasn't sure on the stewards stand point.

They get a bit pissed when there's 20 or more up there lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2016 at 23:13, ScouseFox said:

because everyone who wants to stand up at the footy is already stood up and everyone who doesn't isn't going to be made to stand up by a quite frankly shit song 

And....il stand up when they decide to play like champions!