Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

1 hour ago, C-man said:

There appears to have been some miscommunication when it was agreed the flags could be put on hooks regarding how those hooks could be put and secured in place. 

Not sure why or how the Club only raised this yesterday morning. Hopefully a resolution will be found.

Wtf lol Someone at the club clearly has too much time on their hands. Christ.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, claude_leic said:

It's a massive shame there is not clear room for the UFS area or L1 to grow. I genuinely think the UFS area and L1 are situated next to the most anti singing parts of the ground (middle of the east stand and middle of kop). From my experience, the west stand and the family stand are more receptive to creating an atmosphere than these areas. 

Inevitably the atmosphere is going to drop off and its unlikely that the whole ground will get going for your run of the mill games. The best bet is trying to get more people over to UFS area of the kop and, with L1, create a constant stream of noise which can get the rest of the crowd going every now and again. I'm going to try and move over there next season but its hard to see how the area can grow dramatically whilst we are selling out every game.  

If the club are that bothered they'd do what Derby did, shift all the season ticket holders out of the South Stand and designate it as an unofficial standing area, and have a no-tolerance policy towards standing anywhere else in the ground, but they never will. Derby moved the away fans and a bunch of STs and then had an empty stand behind the goal and filled it with 5000 standers, we'll never have this here becasue of the way the Kop was occupied from the moment we moved into the ground. The only way SK1 will grow significantly is if we went down, which is a massive shame. Even if we expanded the ground it would just be more of the same, the people in the centre of the Kop won't move (fair enough), so SK1 will just stay as it is. L1 is a bit different, it's always going to be hamstrung by the expensive tickets in the east stand. 

Get yourself over to SK1 though mate, the more the merrier! 

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Wtf lol Someone at the club clearly has too much time on their hands. Christ.

No mr barkley has just always been a tosser of the highest order, (that's my personal view), the club originally allowed hooks to be taped to the back, however after palace hid in the toilets like little girls, and nicked some, it was decided to screw them to the back and use washers to keep them a little more secure, As i understand it the maintenance guy even showed them how to do it and he knew it was being done, it seems after our trip to copenhagen which involved a number of flags being taken over, they needed fixing back in place, it was decided to do it on a matchday.

And there the problem started, Mr Barkley saw them being drilled back into the perspex sheets and kicked off, you have to ask why he hadn't noticed before, but he decided that it wasn't acceptable and took it upon himself to kick up a fuss, suggesting that drilling the sheets weakens them, well guess what, they are drilled and riveted to fit the sodding things, so i doubt 2 more holes will hurt.

A few members of UFS got to the ground at 8am before a 4.30 ko to help put them back and this is what we end up with. A bit of a mess, I'm sure once all parties have calmed down, it can be resolved. But I know a few of the lads own multiple flags and are not to keen on them being stolen, but carrying multiple flags to every home game is a bit of a ballache, I know it's a personal choice, but you would think the club would try to help where it can, it would be nice if all parties spoke to each other within the club.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

No mr barkley has just always been a tosser of the highest order, (that's my personal view), the club originally allowed hooks to be taped to the back, however after palace hid in the toilets like little girls, and nicked some, it was decided to screw them to the back and use washers to keep them a little more secure, As i understand it the maintenance guy even showed them how to do it and he knew it was being done, it seems after our trip to copenhagen which involved a number of flags being taken over, they needed fixing back in place, it was decided to do it on a matchday.

And there the problem started, Mr Barkley saw them being drilled back into the perspex sheets and kicked off, you have to ask why he hadn't noticed before, but he decided that it wasn't acceptable and took it upon himself to kick up a fuss, suggesting that drilling the sheets weakens them, well guess what, they are drilled and riveted to fit the sodding things, so i doubt 2 more holes will hurt.

A few members of UFS got to the ground at 8am before a 4.30 ko to help put them back and this is what we end up with. A bit of a mess, I'm sure once all parties have calmed down, it can be resolved. But I know a few of the lads own multiple flags and are not to keen on them being stolen, but carrying multiple flags to every home game is a bit of a ballache, I know it's a personal choice, but you would think the club would try to help where it can, it would be nice if all parties spoke to each other within the club.

As I said, too much time on his hands. What a **** he is lol

13 hours ago, stevelcfc said:

What the hell has happened to L1 and Jobber? Pathetic excuse for an atmosphere all season, every min of every game. 

I've said it before, get rid of the drum.

Not because it's loud and repetitive, that's good, but because it seems that many only chant when the drum is going and when we're not doing well it seems Jobber's head drops and so does his rhythm.

It's silent... too silent. The drums! They've stopped!

21 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I've said it before, get rid of the drum.

Not because it's loud and repetitive, that's good, but because it seems that many only chant when the drum is going and when we're not doing well it seems Jobber's head drops and so does his rhythm.

It's silent... too silent. The drums! They've stopped!

Need to group all the drums together, Jobber's keeping the beat and the 2 from SK1 doing the rhythm, proper German style :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Thought it sounded good on my stream today, but it was doggo as per according to people I know who could go.

I'm sure there'll be the usual excuses about us going two down early etc but it really is mad how bad our ends are nowadays.

Just traveling back, it was poor, but watching that shower today, where is the motivation to chant.

Was loud at times, mainly aimed at the officials, as they were the only ones who gave us something to shout about.

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Thought it sounded good on my stream today, but it was doggo as per according to people I know who could go.

I'm sure there'll be the usual excuses about us going two down early etc but it really is mad how bad our ends are nowadays.

Maybe us being consistently shit for a while will improve the atmosphere. Fans going more for a day out rather than expecting a result. Trying to see the positives 

• Like 1

Just now, GlennyFox55 said:

Maybe us being consistently shit for a while will improve the atmosphere. Fans going more for a day out rather than expecting a result. Trying to see the positives 

Come to accept that this will be the case now. Sad that people haven't wanted to get involved even at the pinnacle of our club's history though, can't imagine any other fanbase in the country who'd be as bad as we've been in such a position.

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

People should be motivated to chant because it's more enjoyable than just standing there and moaning when we're shit.

You've spent your precious leisure time to travel halfway across the country, might as well make the most of it. That's my attitude anyway.

Chants we're going off, but half hearted, like the players.

Will never boo the team, but that performance deserved no support, but they still got it, it's ok saying chant, but again another insulting performance for the traveling fans, and what point does blind following end, the players need to help create  a belief in the stands and vice visa, but it is just the fans giving.

The demographic of our away ends in general but more so yesterday shows just how many supporters over the age of 60 we have who go away.

There is a photo of Sheffield Wednesday's away end yesterday and yes it is a snap shot but it is mostly men aged 25-45. This age bracket one would assume are more vocal than the older generation now. I wonder why we lack males of that age in our away support in bigger numbers?

Atmosphere yesterday was so flat, everyone could muster up the vocal noise to berate the ref but singing songs to support the players seemed a much harder task.

There was a group of 40 odd at the back who gave it a real go rousing the end.

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

The demographic of our away ends in general but more so yesterday shows just how many supporters over the age of 60 we have who go away.

There is a photo of Sheffield Wednesday's away end yesterday and yes it is a snap shot but it is mostly men aged 25-45. This age bracket one would assume are more vocal than the older generation now. I wonder why we lack males of that age in our away support in bigger numbers?

Atmosphere yesterday was so flat, everyone could muster up the vocal noise to berate the ref but singing songs to support the players seemed a much harder task.

I noticed this as well. Not annoyed they're there, everyone who has the points to go has earned their right to be there and the older crowd have been going 10+ years before I was born. Maybe that's the demograhpic of our core support now. 

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 07:05, C-man said:
1 hour ago, baker11 said:

Probably because we were shit for so long they all support Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

On 7 November 2016 at 15:05, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Need to group all the drums together, Jobber's keeping the beat and the 2 from SK1 doing the rhythm, proper German style :cool:

We're English?

On 19/11/2016 at 18:18, Voll Blau said:

People should be motivated to chant because it's more enjoyable than just standing there and moaning when we're shit.

You've spent your precious leisure time to travel halfway across the country, might as well make the most of it. That's my attitude anyway.

This plus one from me

up the City

• Like 1