Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

"Where were you when we were shit" load and clear on my stream.

I'm enjoying these digs. The clubs that have done it (West Brom, Burnley and Palace) would've absolutely loved the numbers we got when we were shit. We had Palace at home 10 years ago this week, we were in the bottom half of the Championship and 28k turned up.

L1 made a good effort to day to be fair I was impressed with the effort those lads put in 

the SK1 corner , the lads at back tried hard but there rest of that block seemed a little lost and really you couldn't hear them from the family or west stand 

the rest of the ground is as usual spontaneous but rarely sustained   

• Like 1

I have a season ticket in SK2 and love the atmosphere in the kop. These are very special times and I love joining in with the singing. It can be a bit tricky with the new chants but equally I think Union FS have done a brilliant job in helping to get more noise.  With so many new songs, it can be hard to keep pace though. There's 'On our way' which I've just about figured out, but I've got about half of 'I only love the boys in blue'. A bit more consistency would help more people join in I think but equally fair play to Union FS for the relentless enthusiasm.  

What could help? Just a thought, next tifosi the image could have the words to a couple of chants on the back? Equally, they could be on the screen pre match for a bit maybe, or even printed on the clapper? I know some with hate these ideas with a passion but these's are just suggestions about how to help everyone become more involved. Others will no doubt have other, and potentially better ideas!

Edited by coley1884
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

We're on our way, we're on our way

To the Champions League, we're on our way

How do we get there? I don't know

Follow the boys and Claudio 

Pack your bags cos Leicester's on their way

Fixed to the best of my knowledge :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, demon_dog said:

Who were the band playing outside the ground today.

As an old fogie (I'm 63) they sounded good and the female singer has a very good voice.

I quite enjoyed listening to them.

They are called Monroe. Polly Yates is the singer.

I'm in the SK2 at the back for the Champions league games... have to say very disappointed with the shit response from those around me... We're in the Champions League man!  Why is everyone sitting down.. especially at the back... I am amazed at how crap it was against Copenhagen and the apathetic support.. it's only 90 minutes.. sing your heart out for the lads..

• Like 2

I’ve been in some loud stadiums in my career — from Schalke to Dortmund to Madrid. All of them made your ears hurt, but nothing compares to the noise at the King Power last month when the Champions League anthem finished playing and the crowd went nuts. It was really special.

I mean he basically has to say it but a nice little shout out from Fuchs. it was nuts. 

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 08:47, Jakewilk said:

They are called Monroe. Polly Yates is the singer.

Are they local, any idea what gigs they have coming up, where they can be seen or do they have a facebook / twitter page?

Just like to see them again.

16 hours ago, demon_dog said:

Are they local, any idea what gigs they have coming up, where they can be seen or do they have a facebook / twitter page?

Just like to see them again.

https://www.facebook.com/MonroeAcousticDuo/

http://www.dgmusic.co.uk/hire-bands-artists/monroe-band.html

couple of links I found for them. I know Polly but not the others. They are from the Loughborough area.

Im not on twitter but they probably are on there also.

Edited by Jakewilk

On 10/26/2016 at 15:02, ScouseFox said:

I’ve been in some loud stadiums in my career — from Schalke to Dortmund to Madrid. All of them made your ears hurt, but nothing compares to the noise at the King Power last month when the Champions League anthem finished playing and the crowd went nuts. It was really special.

I mean he basically has to say it but a nice little shout out from Fuchs. it was nuts. 

Porto was special.. Copenhagen was disappointing. Think it was nerves. saying that.against Porto I got told to sit down/calm down by a lad in his 20's... Why sit in the kop if you get pissed off with lairy gobby twats like me..fuch off to the west stand.. anyhow.. sing your hearts out for the lads... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jock Wallace said:

Porto was special.. Copenhagen was disappointing. Think it was nerves. saying that.against Porto I got told to sit down/calm down by a lad in his 20's... Why sit in the kop if you get pissed off with lairy gobby twats like me..fuch off to the west stand.. anyhow.. sing your hearts out for the lads... 

porto was always going to be a good deal better tbf. 

first champions league home game, had more of an "underdog" (i know we were favourites but they're a genuine champions league team) feel, nobody really knew what to expect.

copenhagen was more a lot of people turning up expecting a win and atmosphere's are never as good when that happens unless the win they're expecting is a significant one. bit of me hopes we don't win the group on wednesday because brugge will be horrible if we do, i'd have thought. 

I do agree with you entirely scouse but it is a quite sad state of affairs. Taking that mindset in Europe is embarrassing. It's why Man City have such a pathetic home crowd.

The knock-outs, should we get there, will be the best the ground has ever had.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do agree with you entirely scouse but it is a quite sad state of affairs. Taking that mindset in Europe is embarrassing. It's why Man City have such a pathetic home crowd.

The knock-outs, should we get there, will be the best the ground has ever had.

yeah it shouldn't be but it always will be. 

ideal situation we win the group get a knockout game return leg at home, come back from somewhere half good with a 0-0 draw. would be insane.

• 2 weeks later...