Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

It was poor today but in the grander scheme that was just a return to a 'normal' atmosphere at a Premier League match these days.

The drummer in L1 ruins that 'under the lights' chant every time. Just a slow steady beat mate, not a drum every point at which there's a word in the chant! Not once has that chant got going properly in there because he bangs all over the top of it.

5 hours ago, tyfox said:

Atmosphere was very quiet today but that's not a common feature so no problems there. I do wonder weather the fans will get on the players backs if displays like today continue

The fans have been brilliant for 18 months - as have the players. 

A lack of intensity,  and players not flat out  - as today will unfortunately be reciprocated by the fans. The players at the moment for me need to set the tone - today it was totally half arsed.

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It started badly without the live horn. What happened ??

Yeah, I wasn't sure, but there was no live Post Horn Gallup?!

Also, just in regards to that, is there a time to play it before our CL games?

I was in SK1 for this one and even there I felt the atmosphere was more muted than usual. The nature of the game didn't help things and in the first half there was a fair amount of stoppage time due to a Southampton injury. The game like the crowd never really got going.

To be honest it's the sort of problem that a lot of the bigger teams around Europe have - great atmosphere on European nights but less so during the league. This kind of makes me sad  as this is the greatest era we have ever seen as fans. Even if we have a mid-table finish I am still pinching myself that we are in this position! But last year was an Adrenalin fueled ride that realistically we may not see for a while. It is understandable that sometimes the ground might feel flat.

And even though it did feel flat, I have to say the Porto atmosphere was electric! I just wished every game was like that in terms of atmosphere.

2 hours ago, Lobsterboyuk said:

Like all gimmicks, based on yesterday, the clappers and any help they gave the atmosphere has passed. Time to bin them off. The atmosphere yesterday is not surprising to me. After the fairytale of last season, now that our performances are dropping off, the vast majority of folk are back in to the library mentality that plagued our ground for far too long. I'm looking forward to people readjusting their expectations and in time just join in with the L1/SK1 diehards and enjoying the atmosphere again for the sake of it, not being driven by our position in the table.

It was similar to the last Sunday game we played at home, just that this match was mediocre and so there was nothing to ignite peeps who were thinking about their Sunday dinner or going to the pub afterwards, whether you like it or not the clappers are used by a fair few of the crowd and their time has not yet passed.

Edited by ithuriel