Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

3 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

What happened to the flags?

Issue with the way they are being hung so had to be taken down this morning. 

If anyone was wondering where their flag was they are safe. 

I felt it looked a little bare without them, shame.

Edited by C-man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What atmosphere? Support is crap when we're behind.

Oh, it's easy when you're winning all the time.

This. Time for people to get real. The clappers are doing nothing anymore other than drowning out songs and stopping them catch on or spread around the ground. The mentality has also gone to pot. Today reminded me of one of the big boys of nowadays - entitled and waiting to be entertained rather than getting behind the side.

We're just like any others really.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Lets be honest with ourselves, it was only decent during the great escape and last season because we were winning. 

I think the great escape created a bit of a siege mentality which we carried through to the start of last year.

It's completely gone though. The atmosphere today was embarrassingly bad. The worst it's been in a long time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BradyLCFC said:

Sadly I don't think it can be improved while we're in the premier league/ selling out. We need to get crapper again so singers can move over to UFS. Otherwise we'll never grow. 

I said when UFS was formed that getting people up there was always going to be a struggle because there just isn't the space. If you look at Middlesbrough as a good example they had a silly amount of space and they've been able to grow as a result.

18 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I said when UFS was formed that getting people up there was always going to be a struggle because there just isn't the space. If you look at Middlesbrough as a good example they had a silly amount of space and they've been able to grow as a result.

There was room when we started but as soon as we went up it got filled! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

I think everyone got carried away thinking we were special with the atmosphere we were creating last season, but realistically even teams like Sunderland would have created similar atmospheres if they had won the league. What would make us special was if we could carry on last years atmosphere to times when we are struggling. Majority of fans don't turn up to the lesser teams then blame the players when they don't put in 100%

That's crap. Ufs had started something during the championship and including the 80% of the great escape without results playing any part.

Maybe the clapper users hadn't noticed but some had. If anything ufs back us more when we are shit. They understand an old school logic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

That's crap. Ufs had started something during the championship and including the 80% of the great escape without results playing any part.

Maybe the clapper users hadn't noticed but some had. If anything ufs back us more when we are shit. They understand an old school logic. 

I said majority of fans don't turn up. UFS are singing every game even when losing, however if we are playing poorly less people join in. All I'm saying is we can't claim to have one of the best atmospheres in the league then "most" of our fans sit in silence all game as soon as we start losing 

40 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If union fs started when the fosse boys did, I think we'd be seeing a half standing KOP now, or at least SK1 on there feet. It was just bad timing. All we can do is keep going and wait I suppose 

2 hours ago, BradyLCFC said:

If union fs started when the fosse boys did, I think we'd be seeing a half standing KOP now, or at least SK1 on there feet. It was just bad timing. All we can do is keep going and wait I suppose 

I'd probably agree with that you know.

May be another reason to expand :ph34r:

I don't know. It seems there's an atmosphere when there's urgency in our play. Even in some of the better games this season, the level of urgency that was present from the 'Escape' onwards seems to have been missing.

I think fans very quickly get into the habit of not being excited, and the performance was surprisingly lacklustre for pretty much all of the first half, so there was no reason to expect a reaction from the crowd. I think we're a very good crowd, even when behind, so long as the side are giving it their all.

Today there were too many men missing out on, or ducking out of, 50-50s, or failing to close down and harry, or standing around waiting when we desperately needed options. It made for a hard environment to get excited in.

Guest claude_leic

It's a massive shame there is not clear room for the UFS area or L1 to grow. I genuinely think the UFS area and L1 are situated next to the most anti singing parts of the ground (middle of the east stand and middle of kop). From my experience, the west stand and the family stand are more receptive to creating an atmosphere than these areas. 

Inevitably the atmosphere is going to drop off and its unlikely that the whole ground will get going for your run of the mill games. The best bet is trying to get more people over to UFS area of the kop and, with L1, create a constant stream of noise which can get the rest of the crowd going every now and again. I'm going to try and move over there next season but its hard to see how the area can grow dramatically whilst we are selling out every game.  

6 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

How can a flag be hung wrong? What was the issue?

There appears to have been some miscommunication when it was agreed the flags could be put on hooks regarding how those hooks could be put and secured in place. 

Not sure why or how the Club only raised this yesterday morning. Hopefully a resolution will be found.